Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Time for hardcore indeed. Softcore is stale as fuck at paragon 570 ish. Might wait for the ladder season tho, no point in starting now I don't think.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
That is a good idea, think I will try my hand at HC again tonight. Do you need to beat the game in HC to play adventure mode?
Yeah, you do. It's kinda fun to start with nothing once again. Get excited about seeing a pattern drop, and those Death's Breath mean something (for the first 50).

I leveled with a mate on Hard, and just crushed the Acts till we'd killed Malthael and opened adventure mode, then we switched to Act 1 bounties and finished the leveling out. This made most of the Act 5 bosses pretty easy, and very little chance of dying.

We got 70, then my mate wanted to switch it up to T1 and start gearing. He forgot he had Nemesis Bracers on, clicked a shrine in the corner (near the portal) on Southern Highlands, got a Jailer/Nightmare/Arcane/Waller combo and he got raped while I managed to horse it out. So a day or so after he logged out in a fury at being a dumbarse, I started to just slow boat rifts on Hard while we had the buff. A few hours later, I had enough gear to start doing rifts on Master. Another hour or so and I had the gear to do T1 reasonably quickly. So, I finished those achievements off. I might come back to HC later, but it's kinda annoying that I refuse to push my limits because the risk is far too high.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's good practice for ladders to at least level one char to 70 with no gear at all, see how defensive you have to be and what difficulty you can run on. But yeah once you get to farming, it gets pretty tedious since you have to take it super slow and make sure you outgear shit enough so you can bump the difficulty. On softcore you hit 70, you get any 70 yellow weapon, you go master right away and start racking up the paragon levels but on HC you kinda need to stay in hard for a while.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I might come back to HC later, but it's kinda annoying that I refuse to push my limits because the risk is far too high.
See that's what I don't get about HC. So your ass gets puckered a few times thinking you might die, and it's a thrill, but at some point, you have got to get to a point that you are like well, beat the game, because dafuq I'm trying T6 or T4 or whatever Torment you want, in case I get F'ed.

I can see it being pretty fun in the beginning when everything is brand new, and the upgrades are rolling in pretty fast, but that same sense can be achieved in Softcore as well. The first week or so on a new character is fun because of the upgrades.

I just don't get it.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
add me on asleepdan#1138 for hardcore, starting up a WD just to get the feel for it, so im ready for ladders.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
See that's what I don't get about HC. So your ass gets puckered a few times thinking you might die, and it's a thrill, but at some point, you have got to get to a point that you are like well, beat the game, because dafuq I'm trying T6 or T4 or whatever Torment you want, in case I get F'ed.
I got told that if you play on HC and at least kill Malthael on T1 you get an extra inch on your penis. Do it on T3 and super models start harassing your girlfriend so they can move in with you.

After getting those achievements done, I've yet to see an increase in penis size. I'm unsure how arsehole puckering can be considered fun. I also don't understand the appeal of ladders.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seriously...in a game where ground effects arbitrary start instagibbing people due to post patch bugs, who the hell would play hardcore?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
<---- This guy.

Anyone making the move to HC, add me: Envious#1576

SC just gets boring, so I made the jump a while ago, just started back a few weeks ago.

RR clan drama has been a good read. What bots a are you guys using?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
its really just the same 5 people going on about it over and over again, deathwing has many a white knight under his wing.

ao
deathwing
amzin
mudcrush

giant teck circle jerk, about how bad I am because I botted yadda yadda yaddda.
did I miss anyone else? but I really am an asshole to 95% of you so I don't expect many to like me.

what lvl are you in HC hate kinda looking for something else to do my WD is maxed, crus is maxed barb is close to being max, no interest in the others.
Yes, my one post referring to your awful formatting is sure some white knighting. I'm not even in the clan. I just thought you should feel bad for writing that in that way. Still do, if I'm honest. Carry on being a dick or a nice botter or whatever you are, don't much care.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Really been enjoying 2h FotH fire-starter today. Got a FotF and that's fun too, though I found it slightly clunkier with my current gear. I can't see them leaving fire starter in it's current state for long, they hate when stuff procs on every hit rather than using coefficients.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Ok so my in-game video turns into a slide show if I am in a group with 2 or more and multiple packs get pulled. It's particularly bad if there are arcane sentries, a witch doctor, or lots of other spell affects. Currently I have a GeForce GTX560 1gb but I am going to buy myself an upgrade for my birthday. Is my video card the best route to fix this, or should I go for CPU? SSD?

Thanks,

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok so my in-game video turns into a slide show if I am in a group with 2 or more and multiple packs get pulled. It's particularly bad if there are arcane sentries, a witch doctor, or lots of other spell affects. Currently I have a GeForce GTX560 1gb but I am going to buy myself an upgrade for my birthday. Is my video card the best route to fix this, or should I go for CPU? SSD?

Thanks,
560 isnt terrible - 1gb video ram isnt so hot nowadays tho - what is your cpu?

Xevy

Log Wizard

Thanks,
I have a 560 GTX Ti and I don't have any problems except upon teleporting into an AE fuck-fest. I'd make sure your drivers are up to date. D3 and drivers can be finicky.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Really been enjoying 2h FotH fire-starter today. Got a FotF and that's fun too, though I found it slightly clunkier with my current gear. I can't see them leaving fire starter in it's current state for long, they hate when stuff procs on every hit rather than using coefficients.
You got 6 piece? Try it with divine well instead of heaven's tempest. Not intuitive, but I think the extra hits from the bolts will produce much more damage with fire starter.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I have the latest drivers but in-game video bogs down the more spell affects and mobs are on the screen. If I am in a full group and we pull 3+ packs, it turns into a slideshow. Especially if theres a WD....

khorum

Murder Apologist
Is it worth gambling for?
Yes. Easily the third best wd item right now... And only because u need moj and TNT to really milk it.

Having tried tmf with a fire soj (I ditched the rorg and used augs bp shoulders and bracers) I'm seriously considering breaking even the aughs bonus if i get another cindercoat since my current one can't reroll dog skill.

I don't miss bthornes much (using firewalkers now) and I've tried losing aughs by using cindercoat and a 20 fire strongarms for a stupid hex-chickenmode build that had amazing results with the strongarms bonus. I'm gambling for a virgin cindercoat that I can roll +dog skill onto and it should be 15% over aughs even without the strongarms buff.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
You got 6 piece? Try it with divine well instead of heaven's tempest. Not intuitive, but I think the extra hits from the bolts will produce much more damage with fire starter.
Yea, loot buff + new kadala is retarded. Got 5 non-dupe pieces after like 2.5 days switching to crusader. Only piece I'm missing is boots, since Kadala is being frugal with those.

I'll give it a shot, firestarter is all about using silly stuff- I think someone said fire walkers proc it 5 times a second.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I have the latest drivers but in-game video bogs down the more spell affects and mobs are on the screen. If I am in a full group and we pull 3+ packs, it turns into a slideshow. Especially if theres a WD....
I couldnt do anything but intel for gaming, but i still think 1gb of video ram is small for d3 with all the diarrhea on the screen. I doubt its the cpu tho if youre sporting 6 cores, go for video for an upgrade.