Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im curious that if the current system goes live - itll be quicker to take world tier 1 to say.. level 30? before switching to world tier 2 to finish out the the 1-50. (For Barbs, and laughably so for Druids, since Legendaries wont be dropping like candy.)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Since the stuttering was an issue for me...I didn't get much play time in. Quick question though. Did the monster density get higher or ramp up substantially?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you just want leveling speed and not enjoyment, I'm pretty sure World Tier 1 is always going to be faster leveling unless you're literally just 1-shotting everything.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Since the stuttering was an issue for me...I didn't get much play time in. Quick question though. Did the monster density get higher or ramp up substantially?
No, not really. Just more HP
edit: more rare mobs in packs. But not really bigger packs at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We should do a poll that correlates on if people like voice acting and if they season their meat or not. Sounds like a job for Tarrant Tarrant

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
This iteration of Barbarian is not the actual release version, it's an old version. This was confirmed by a dev. Beta is currently testing endgame with what is supposed to be the release version, and evidently it is not anywhere near as weak, and is actually very strong endgame.

As someone else said this beta was about who's going to play. Literally how many clowns can we fit in this car. Load it up til it breaks. They know which classes sucked in this iteration, and the v2.0 are already being tested by the real testers, not by a bunch of chicken sandwich buying mofos.

All I am worried about is that instead of lifting classes up to the bar, that the lower the bar, and nerf the shit out of the supposedly OP classes. I like my melee rogue just where hi is powerwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am going to take this moment to remind some here that streaming of assets is not server side. More than likely there is zero optimization in the streaming of the high res texture pack along with obvious memory leaks throughout the beta and of course independent variables of drives/ram types and speeds with memory leaks also hitting VRAM on video cards in combination without high res VRAM consolidation in the streaming process itself.

That actually requires coherent thought of all of about 5 minutes which Blizzard doesn't employ any longer save maybe 10 people who are afraid to move their cheese out of that god forsaken company.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This iteration of Barbarian is not the actual release version, it's an old version. This was confirmed by a dev. Beta is currently testing endgame with what is supposed to be the release version, and evidently it is not anywhere near as weak, and is actually very strong endgame.

As someone else said this beta was about who's going to play. Literally how many clowns can we fit in this car. Load it up til it breaks. They know which classes sucked in this iteration, and the v2.0 are already being tested by the real testers, not by a bunch of chicken sandwich buying mofos.

All I am worried about is that instead of lifting classes up to the bar, that the lower the bar, and nerf the shit out of the supposedly OP classes. I like my melee rogue just where hi is powerwise.
Just as a general rule, I never trust any developer that tells me "no no, this is an OLD version of this feature. Just wait, it gets better." When they KNEW this would be the vast majority of people's first impression of this game.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Just as a general rule, I never trust any developer that tells me "no no, this is an OLD version of this feature. Just wait, it gets better." When they KNEW this would be the vast majority of people's first impression of this game.
LOL yeah, but I have these rose colored glasses that I rarely get to put on...

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

I always loved that one. Especially when it's 10 weeks out and that "feature" is usually one of the first things tackled to be solved for 3 years before and had better work because it will literally never get anything other than a bandaid and not a feature wrap.

That and "Hey all we are 8 weeks out we are doing an animation pass" Lol no you aren't.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I still wish they itemized more like d2 and poe in erma of items levels.

I've never cared for the idea of items having the level of your char when it dropped. Like d3 or torchlight 3.

I much more prefer them to make items with set levels like d2 or torchlight 2.

I'd also like to see full trade.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You sure? Be thankful the game is as simple as it is. More complexity means more ways for Bobby to monetize it.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Moron

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am going to take this moment to remind some here that streaming of assets is not server side. More than likely there is zero optimization in the streaming of the high res texture pack along with obvious memory leaks throughout the beta and of course independent variables of drives/ram types and speeds with memory leaks also hitting VRAM on video cards in combination without high res VRAM consolidation in the streaming process itself.

That actually requires coherent thought of all of about 5 minutes which Blizzard doesn't employ any longer save maybe 10 people who are afraid to move their cheese out of that god forsaken company.
And don't forget that they tied the ability to actually use the "4K" (a.k.a. "almost imperceptible waste of 40+GB download") textures to the amount of RAM you have, *not* VRAM. Somehow Series X can use those textures though (based on the ~75GB download size of the XSX demo), despite only having 16GB total RAM shared between the CPU and GPU while a PC with 16GB RAM could not.

The memory bloat/leak was insane too. When I tested 32GB RAM the game went from allocating ~9GB (out of 16GB) to 25+GB.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And at this point, most of us have been through this rodeo a few times and know that those things never end up fixed at release; instead, everyone just forgets that they said it was an old build.

6 months after release they finally address it after 80% of the playerbase finally moves on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Why I'll wait till it gets released, tested, bugs worked on, and then goes on sale :)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still wish they itemized more like d2 and poe in erma of items levels.

I've never cared for the idea of items having the level of your char when it dropped. Like d3 or torchlight 3.

I much more prefer them to make items with set levels like d2 or torchlight 2.

I'd also like to see full trade.
Comically wish they would have blended D3 & PoE together. PoE took it to one extreme, where unless you put the data into a calc it's relatively difficult to see what impacts it has on your char, whereas d3 went the entire other way and did it as just +% gooder. The latter makes for simpler/mindless gameplay which I find more enjoyable for this genre.

Definitely needs to have trade though if you are grouping, if people find bugs to allow dups who gives a fuck. Kill shit, get loot, repeat

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Stalling podcast with Mathil/Steelmage/Ziz/Quin is going on right now. They've got a pretty good take on most stuff. People assume most of them are PoE shills but Ziz throws a tantrum about every league, Steel just likes to min max in any game, Mathil honestly wants another good ARPG to take a break 1/2 way through PoE season rather than 6-8 hours of PoE literally every day, and Quin.... Quin just wants to scream for donos. He does let his facade down a bit in these podcasts and has the occasional thoughtful interesting take, but it's usually more about Ziz championing for normies, Steel picking apart niche stuff, Mathil just being pragmatic and pessimistic, and Quin trying to reinvent whatever game they're talking about.