Diablo Immortal

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The overly aggressive predatory monetization was understated by reviewers and YouTube commentators.

"max pay2win" doesn't really describe poor monetization design. I'm not sure if the whales will make up for it. Asmongold only was able to hold 70k viewers with Immortal. Missing 20-30k viewers avg, and during his Immortal play he lost viewers into prime time (The drop in viewers was very steady at a rate of thousands, unlike any other game being played).

People are turned off and turning away from the game as they realize "Max pay2win" wasn't really an honest description of a toxic and poorly thought out system for longevity.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Of course it would be a million times better if they carbon copied the PoE model but this is the world we live in.

You need a good game to do this. This game is shit, which is why they need to utilize the predatory model that exploits human psychology and addiction triggers.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You need a good game to do this. This game is shit, which is why they need to utilize the predatory model that exploits human psychology and addiction triggers.
It's pretty good, zones are full of side quests and activites at lv60, lots to do.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's pretty good, zones are full of side quests and activites at lv60, lots to do.
God I hate fucking agreeing with you, but it is what it is. Game has plenty to do and keep a F2P player busy. You can sit on the toilet, have fun and get numb ass cheeks. Do I want to promote this predatory shit? Hell the fk no. This is the very dregs of commercial society. If anything, I think the publicity the game is getting is a detriment on the community. These ass hat streamers are giving all this publicity to a game that was designed specifically for mobile. Yet, they are predominantly PC/console streamers. All this press is only doing one thing, and thats encouraging people to download this game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
It would be interesting to compare gross revenues for this game and PoE. PoE has been around a long time, but since they have a loyal fan base they still make good money. I'm sure right now B:I is making tons of money since it's brand new, but I don't think it has legs. This is the type of game like other mobile games where people will eventually tire of the monetization and move on to the next big thing. With PoE you feel like you are rewarding the company by purchasing cosmetics or QoL stuff like the inventory tabs. With B:I it seems so obvious that its P2W and no matter how much you spend the moment you don't you fall off....much like that other game....where you had to buy shields overnight to protect your base or you could lose everything? I never played it but it was a huge hit back in the day. I wonder how that game is doing currently.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Main reason why it doesn't have legs is because it's Blizzard and NO WAY will they release new content weekly or monthly like other mobile games.

In 6 months they'll add a new zone, in 12 months they'll backtrack on the predatory gems shit and in 18 months they'll raise level cap to 70 and some sort of godawful solution to what happens to paragon levels then.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I doubt Blizzard anticipated people would stream this game as a "Feature" PC release.

They expected core Diablo fans to find it and whale it quietly. It's damaging optics to the IP in wake of D3's RMAH with D4 on the horizon.

Future would-be Diablo consumers are being turned away from the franchise. D4 can carry a lot of legs, as seen in the D3 sales, but it's taken a bump with the release and featuring of Immortal as a AAA feature.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I hope more people bitch and make it less predatory.

I look at it from the angle of the art and talent it took to make what I'm playing. Those people don't have anything to do with the monetization and there is some impressive work that was done on the game.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's why I have it as a fumble more than a success. Its getting attention for the wrong reasons right now-- but they can intervene and fix it and come away with a big win here.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are odd movement issues with KB/M where my character will just stop randomly. Anyone have this occur, I'm wondering if it is related to fps? I have my settings at 120. Also, anyone have a controller that works? My Elite Series 2 just doesn't want to work, it will fire off skills, but it never has movement working.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I really hate agreeing with Chris here but.. uhh... Well, the game is allright. I'm still enjoying it. The fixes to the game to make it much more friendly to F2P (and allowing whales to whale):

1. Remove cap on Fa rune dust. What in the fuck is this really? It makes it IMPOSSIBLE to grind.
2. Allow ANY rift run capable of dropping leg gems, including 5/5's. Just add a pity only for leg crests, and make the odds better the more rare crests you use (and leg crests keep at guaranteed). The odds obviously have to be very low if you use absolutely zero crests, but it would be fun if it's even possible.
3. Requiring cash shop to awaken equipment / gems has to be removed. Just to GET to that point will take an eternity, and the fact they FORCE you to spend money is ridiculous.
4. Remove hilt buy limitations. You are already limited on the amount of hilts you can get. If you want to buy 5 leg crests with hilts, why cant you?
5. Remove some of the really stupid shit, like the whole warband set up guide task and shit.

tl;dr: Make everything possible to be F2P with enough grinding. If someone wants to grind diablo immoral for 20 hours a day for a year, they should be able to. And fine, they won't make it to the top of the leaderboard. But at least they will feel they have a chance of getting gems and shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider

Took a screen shot of these white knights on another post....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220606-104737.png
    Screenshot_20220606-104737.png
    574.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Clearly Blizzard is going to fix this immediately, think of all the money they're... losing? No, that's not it.

the simpsons adult GIF

They will change it. This isn't going to be the case forever. Whales are already starting to stop playing and the game is only a week old.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider

lmao, hes up to $4600 USD now.
First off yeah I know I'm old lol. But like what goes on in thr mind that rationalized spending $4600 on a single game. You could have bought like 75 triple A titles for that amount. I can't even begin to fathom it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First off yeah I know I'm old lol. But like what goes on in thr mind that rationalized spending $4600 on a single game. You could have bought like 75 triple A titles for that amount. I can't even begin to fathom it.
It's content. He is up to 6700+ as of last night. They will get more money from new subs than they will spend, then write it off as a business expense.