Diablo Immortal

Chris

Potato del Grande
I really hate agreeing with Chris here but.. uhh... Well, the game is allright. I'm still enjoying it. The fixes to the game to make it much more friendly to F2P (and allowing whales to whale):

1. Remove cap on Fa rune dust. What in the fuck is this really? It makes it IMPOSSIBLE to grind.
2. Allow ANY rift run capable of dropping leg gems, including 5/5's. Just add a pity only for leg crests, and make the odds better the more rare crests you use (and leg crests keep at guaranteed). The odds obviously have to be very low if you use absolutely zero crests, but it would be fun if it's even possible.
3. Requiring cash shop to awaken equipment / gems has to be removed. Just to GET to that point will take an eternity, and the fact they FORCE you to spend money is ridiculous.
4. Remove hilt buy limitations. You are already limited on the amount of hilts you can get. If you want to buy 5 leg crests with hilts, why cant you?
5. Remove some of the really stupid shit, like the whole warband set up guide task and shit.

tl;dr: Make everything possible to be F2P with enough grinding. If someone wants to grind diablo immoral for 20 hours a day for a year, they should be able to. And fine, they won't make it to the top of the leaderboard. But at least they will feel they have a chance of getting gems and shit.

Some of the stuff this guy is doing is insane though. He must be playing 24/7 to be hitting those caps.

I don't want whales having a massive advantage over me, but I don't want nolifers having a massive advantage either.

My critisism is that whales are not being timegated, not that nolifers are being timegated.

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you play this game, ur a huge faggot and deserve every cent drained from your account.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if you play this game, ur a huge faggot and deserve every cent drained from your account.
I generally don't care about P2W mechanics, I just play something else. But if Blizzard gets away with this bullshit then it's going to fuck over almost every game coming out from now on. And the people playing this game right now will be to blame.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, this was a hard pass for me. Lost ark is bad enough but really fuck new blizzard.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This game is just fundamentally broken from the ground up

First of all - it's actually a well made piece of mobile tech (niggling input bugs/drops etc aside). The journey from 1-60+ is fairly smooth (though the large gaps in leveling via story get to be a complete chore at 46+... I hate this trend of games making you do busy work for 3 hours to get to the next part of the story... It's lazy and cheap). The combat is satisfying and while simple, allows for a good variety of builds via sets, gems, legendaries etc.

The PVP they have could be really fun... I like the design, the map, objectives etc. It's clever and forces engagement.

However... The gap between the casual player (free), dolphin (somebody that spends say $20-100 a month) and whale (somebody to me spending upwards of $500+) is absolutely obscene. The pvp video posted a page or two back is completely accurate. Like, if you get into a BG with a "whale", you basically can just do nothing. They end every match like 17-0 and just steamroll you... not sure they can fix that either - you either run off the whales by normalizing gear in bgs, or run off casuals because no matter how good you are there is simply nothing you can do to fight the power gap.

Not sure how much mileage this game has as I think they are actually at risk right now of running off every group mentioned above for a variety of reasons. Sad really, but completely unsurprising. Hope more countries ban the game and games like it but I have my doubts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
First off yeah I know I'm old lol. But like what goes on in thr mind that rationalized spending $4600 on a single game. You could have bought like 75 triple A titles for that amount. I can't even begin to fathom it.

This is the unfortunate world we live in. He's making more than that, and simply saying thats the cost of generating content (and tax deductions). He's just not going to tell you that but that is absolutely the reality. Same thing with Genshin whales, and all these other whales out there on these obscure mobile games.

It's like pokemon collectables, MTG collectables, etc. The price of all this shit is almost exclusively tied to the amount of content revenue it can generate. I have about 25 boosters of Pokemon Fossil laying around, which are $150-$200 per pack. Why? It's not worth that, not a chance. It's only worth that because some guy that makes a youtube video opening a "SUPER RARE BATCH" of pokemon cards from 20 years ago will generate X revenue doing so, and so the cost of the packs would be tied to that revenue.

Immortal is the same way. The guys that waited in line to get a ps5 only to walk out with it and in front of everyone else waiting for a chance to get one (many of which didnt) smashed it in front of them to troll them. The cost of that entire stunt was less than 10% of the revenue that content generated.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is just fundamentally broken from the ground up

First of all - it's actually a well made piece of mobile tech (niggling input bugs/drops etc aside). The journey from 1-60+ is fairly smooth (though the large gaps in leveling via story get to be a complete chore at 46+... I hate this trend of games making you do busy work for 3 hours to get to the next part of the story... It's lazy and cheap). The combat is satisfying and while simple, allows for a good variety of builds via sets, gems, legendaries etc.

The PVP they have could be really fun... I like the design, the map, objectives etc. It's clever and forces engagement.

However... The gap between the casual player (free), dolphin (somebody that spends say $20-100 a month) and whale (somebody to me spending upwards of $500+) is absolutely obscene. The pvp video posted a page or two back is completely accurate. Like, if you get into a BG with a "whale", you basically can just do nothing. They end every match like 17-0 and just steamroll you... not sure they can fix that either - you either run off the whales by normalizing gear in bgs, or run off casuals because no matter how good you are there is simply nothing you can do to fight the power gap.

Not sure how much mileage this game has as I think they are actually at risk right now of running off every group mentioned above for a variety of reasons. Sad really, but completely unsurprising. Hope more countries ban the game and games like it but I have my doubts.
I expect population will crash in a month or so unless they make significant changes. I uninstalled. The number of progression gates are insane and your ability to power up is limited. Even if you went hardcore grinding you’ll get facerolled by whales.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Some of the stuff this guy is doing is insane though. He must be playing 24/7 to be hitting those caps.

I don't want whales having a massive advantage over me, but I don't want nolifers having a massive advantage either.

My critisism is that whales are not being timegated, not that nolifers are being timegated.

We're going to disagree here. Nolifers should absolutely have an advantage. Games should always reward based on time played.

There are fucking idiots posting on reddit like "herp derp F2P and look at me #1 on leaderboards". While true, they are also doing that on a very new server, and grinding like fucking crazy. At this point, the only people that would join a server like that would be non-p2w players generally. All the whales are on the original servers, and quite frankly, DI isn't generating any more whales to that degree. Maybe a few here and there, but nothing like day 1.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
However... The gap between the casual player (free), dolphin (somebody that spends say $20-100 a month) and whale (somebody to me spending upwards of $500+) is absolutely obscene.

You forgot the Krakens ($5,000+ a month)

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This game is so GD easy that I just fail to understand why anyone would spend any money on it. I got max lvl and finished the story and uninstalled it. There is absolutely no reason to grind out the rest of the content in the game. The PVP is dominated by whales. The leaderboards are dominated by whales. The events have been stealth nerfed to the point itll take months to complete your adventure tome. Probably more shit that Im not even thinking of. There is just no single fucking reason to play the game past the story and trying a few different builds/classes.

If anything, the game has been a wake up call for governments to move along with regulations on this predatory monetization bullshit. I dont know if the United States will ever do something about it, but its pretty cool seeing some big Euro countries enact regulations shortly after this games release.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Now that I have a few characters to 30 I have to say that I've gone from agnostic to annoyed by the MTX. I don't really pay attention to any of this garbage but the sheer number of currencies and the ongoing in-your-face request to buy layers and layers of other systems is pretty exhausting. It definitely feels more predatory than other games I've played casually.

I had to laugh at the 800% VALUE MTX offering right at the start. As if. 800% of what? Some other thing that you made up and assigned an arbitrary value to. Its pretty amusing but I can see how people get sucked in. Besides, we all know the real goal there is to get someone to pay ANYTHING for something because the likelihood of making follow-up purchases explodes if you have invested even a little. I don't recall the actual metrics but getting someone to pay that very first time is the key friction point across all MTX.

Anyway, the gameplay as a mage is simple fun. I have two spells that interact with the other two spells so I can position myself for combos and such. It's decent fun for a shitty mobile game. But all the trappings and MTX and pseudo-competitive shit (leaderboards are meaningless if they mix payers and non-payers) is a real turn-off. I won't give them any money for the sheer point of it; whereas I happily spent a little money in Genshin Impact because it was fun to do so.

These games basically give me a headache beyond the actual gameplay and while I hope this shitty approach stays siloed and doesn't ruin D4 - I have my doubts.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If anything, the game has been a wake up call for governments to move along with regulations on this predatory monetization bullshit. I dont know if the United States will ever do something about it, but its pretty cool seeing some big Euro countries enact regulations shortly after this games release.
Agree with this, it is absolutely predatory and gambling nonsense. I'm enjoying it on the couch while watching my kids goof around, but much like any other mobile game you'll have a few whales that pretty much destroy any arena's so if they don't solve for that PVP dies. If they make it whales vs whales, they either pay more money or they quit too because their $1000 wasn't enough to be #1, going to be funny to see.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
They are not gonna regulate this, there are far more lethal stuffs they are not banning, why this?

• 1Imbecile

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Played to level 60 Paragon 11 and stopped. Really not much going on after that. I have the same gear as the whales but their gems are Insane. I didn't care much about pvp to let it bother me but I do enjoy solo challenge rift ladders. I one shot rift level 23 to end my run with this game.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played to level 60 Paragon 11 and stopped.
Same here.

Loot being based off of paragon level is a game breaker for me and if they do this shit with D4 fuck that game too. I can stand the p2w, because I really don't care about being #1, but being limited by paragon level to do anything, like finding better gear and upgrading gear, is just a big nope for me.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Same here.

Loot being based off of paragon level is a game breaker for me and if they do this shit with D4 fuck that game too. I can stand the p2w, because I really don't care about being #1, but being limited by paragon level to do anything, like finding better gear and upgrading gear, is just a big nope for me.
Paragon level also dictates whether you can be in Hell 1 or 2 ect so when I'm Para 30 my friends at Para 29 or under can't join me

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the paragon tied to item level thing blows dick. Also paragon not being tied to your account is hot garbage. Having an alt is pretty much impossible.