Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fired up Path of Exile again and linked my PS4 to my phone to play it. Works great.

Some of these whales need to realise that any of a $5 remote play app, $45 controller attachment, new 5G phone, PS5 and fiber optic internet will improve their ARPG experience in PoE.

All of them together is less money than 5* gems in Diablo Immortal. Madness.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
What else is a company to do if you buy something and then go and get your money back. That you get to keep the stuff you purchased anyway? Some people...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I assumed they'd take all your characters shit, but account bound guarantees no one who walks away will pick it up again in the future. Wipe out a stash completely/delete the character if you have to, but that far seems like bad business.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard dev released some info on daily caps:

View attachment 418232

To make the game somewhat tolerable they need to remove the limit on the weekly embers so people can grind rifts for a chance at a 5 star pull.

The legendary thing is bullshit. They changed it. There might not be any limit now, but everyone knew full well there was 6. Once you got your 6th one, returns diminished significantly.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yes, it has absolutely no impact above Silver, just like I said. As someone at the top of the leaderboards who consistently fights against Legendary rank and people with wings I stand behind that statement.

Rich went 44-0-7 in Bronze as DH, which is the equivalent of Iron/Bronze in League of Legends. I went 22-2 in my first match as f2p necro, guess I must have been hacking! What rank is he right now and how does his KDA look in matches having spent $13,000+ ?

I was only able to find a vod from 4 days ago where he PvPs and he was in...wait for it…Bronze V and complimenting a bronze wizard who didn’t even have black hole as being “fucking good”. Let me know when he’s in Gold+ and going 44-0 in matches.

Try playing the game mode first.

Edit: He’s in mid silver right now. Yeah…

Timestamped.

This guy is Gold 4, almost Legendary PVP, and knows full well it's garbage tier.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Pop onto this while having morning coffee and its getting deader and deader by the second. Not only that but they make you do the stupid 'intro to Shadows' quest again at the start of this new cycle.

Argarth

On the verandah
Finally made it to 60 on the Monk. Nearly bailed a couple of times in the 30s and 50s. Was losing interest but toughed it out, made it to paragon 1 lol.
The tedium and futility of it all had become even clearer by this point > deleted chars > uninstalled.
Without a doubt the most annoying "game" I've ever played, what with all the systems and Codex/Battlepass reminders. $0 spent. Good riddance.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Got my 1st 5 star gem this morning suckers!

Capture.PNG

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pop onto this while having morning coffee and its getting deader and deader by the second. Not only that but they make you do the stupid 'intro to Shadows' quest again at the start of this new cycle.
I didn't. Are you in a Dark Clan?

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Timestamped.

This guy is Gold 4, almost Legendary PVP, and knows full well it's garbage tier.

Okay, this is going to be a bit long but I want to elaborate:

I made bottom Legendary just before cycle reset. Currently rank 10 gold 2 on new reset. I go against whales daily. Sub 300 res, fully FTP with not a single cent given, two 2* gems with the rest all 1* and no gem above rank 3. Necro.

Streamers as usual are massively overblowing the “pay2win” situation of the battlegrounds and are intentionally misrepresenting what PvP is in this game - which is a push the cart 8v8 type BG and not arena. I have a list of issues with the PvP, balance, and the BG’s in general that I would love to rail Blizzard for and talk about but the notion that “any whale who spends a little money can just 1 shot everyone and win” in PvP is blatantly false, which is what I was replying to regarding that incredibly stupid Rich/Asmongold video of him with 13k USD in gems going up against literal Bronze players who didn’t even have their legendaries. Those videos are the equivalent of the click-bait League of Legend YT videos of shitty streamers beating up their Bronze viewers in custom games, claiming they “found a new build that needs to be nerfed now!”.

The only times I’ve been “one shot” and felt helpless have been against super whales with literal 5* 5 Quality +8-10 rank gems, and by “one shot” I mean I was quickly killed before properly reacting because of my gear score disparity vs. theirs. I’m talking about me specifically and not my teammates. I play a lot of PvP and the amount of times this has happened can be counted on my fingers. To get to 5/5 +8-10 you need to spend literally tens of thousands of dollars. The vast majority of players, including those at/around Gold 5 and Legendary rank, will not be encountering those players and if/when they do, they will most likely be CC locked assuming balanced teams because in gold+ people start learning how to play. In addition to this, if/when you do encounter those players with your FTP gear, you will actually gain rank on the loss because the BG’s distribute rank points based not just on Win or Lose, but on individual performance and the disparity between your and your teams gear vs. your opponents.

People who spend money on gems will have zero impact on your ability to climb in DI’s BG’s.

• 2Picard
  • 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've lost interest in this game after lvl 30ish.
PVE feels like you are on a rail, whatever skills you use will get you a victory. It really feels like a slot machine.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Started playing PoE and forgot this existed, bet I've been kicked out of my warband lol

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Streamers as usual are massively overblowing the “pay2win” situation of the battlegrounds and are intentionally misrepresenting what PvP is in this game - which is a push the cart 8v8 type BG and not arena. I have a list of issues with the PvP, balance, and the BG’s in general that I would love to rail Blizzard for and talk about but the notion that “any whale who spends a little money can just 1 shot everyone and win” in PvP is blatantly false, which is what I was replying to regarding that incredibly stupid Rich/Asmongold video of him with 13k USD in gems going up against literal Bronze players who didn’t even have their legendaries. Those videos are the equivalent of the click-bait League of Legend YT videos of shitty streamers beating up their Bronze viewers in custom games, claiming they “found a new build that needs to be nerfed now!”.

Except here is the thing: Activision-Blizzard had previously submitted a patent that essentially boils down to online game matching that ensures people who spend money on the game get matched with players who do not spend money on the game. Whales getting matched with f2p plebs is intentional: What they want is the f2p pleb to see how powerful a paying player is, in order to encourage them to pay them money.

Additionally, the only people realistically getting to the higher tiers of PVP are the whales/payers. Non-whale plebs get matched with whales, which impedes the non-whales' ability to advance.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've seen some casual whales in Bronze/silver. They're PVE focused and just do the dailies for PvP and don't seem to have any intention of ranking up. They just open public queue and trash a few matches then stop.

When you run into it you definitely feel their hitpoints. They're very hard to work down and if they get within melee range it's a 2 shot kill on you. As a wizard of course I can kite them and work them with teleport legendary + other PvP toolkit. But a big crusader whale that just logs in for daily PvP is common. These whales do get stomped by players using strategies after they detect it's a whale and stop allowing the whale to run around unchecked smacking people. This ensures the whale is around in Bronze/Silver for awhile.

While most of the whales exist in Gold+ and above, there are plenty of casual whales that spent a few hundred and don't care about PvP. What I don't see is any Demon Hunter whales in Bronze/silver. If a DH spent money, they are usually very active and very competitive. So fortunately that was never an issue for me.

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Additionally, the only people realistically getting to the higher tiers of PVP are the whales/payers. Non-whale plebs get matched with whales, which impedes the non-whales' ability to advance.

This is 100% false. The #1 slot, sure, but bottom legendary and all of gold are full of non whales. This is more true for gold than it is legendary obviously. The inbalance in pvp and some of the bullshit thats allowed is more of an issue than some of the whaling. Barbs for example have a 6 second immune to death passive and with the gladiator tree, a free rez with 60% hp on a 2 minute cooldown. I’ve had a kraken wizard rage quit a match on my team after 2 completely free to play barbs ruined his day by suicide rushing him over and over. If they weren’t perfectly locked down by several people they were able to sprint away, full heal, and come right back at us all within 20 seconds.

I’m curious, what server are you on?

Last edited:
  • 1Like