Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
This is 100% false. The #1 slot, sure, but bottom legendary and all of gold are full of non whales. This is more true for gold than it is legendary obviously. The inbalance in pvp and some of the bullshit thats allowed is more of an issue than some of the whaling. Barbs for example have a 6 second immune to death passive and with the gladiator tree, a free rez with 60% hp on a 2 minute cooldown. I’ve had a kraken wizard rage quit a match on my team after 2 completely free to play barbs ruined his day by suicide rushing him over and over. If they weren’t perfectly locked down by several people they were able to sprint away, full heal, and come right back at us all within 20 seconds.

I’m curious, what server are you on?

After your comment i decided to see if i could find video evidence of this type of stuff on YT.

First video i found was called "whale hunting" or some shit like that.

Then i read the first comment. Which accused him of spending 2 grand on the game.

The uploader responded to the comment saying "Ackchyually i only spent 300$ on this toon"

You people are too far gone.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
lmaooooooooooo i love this video.
I wonder what the repercussions are for the marketing drone who accidently tweeted from the wrong account. That one simple act appears to be likely to cost blizz 10s of millions of dollars or more. People have been disappeared for a hell of a lot less than that.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
After your comment i decided to see if i could find video evidence of this type of stuff on YT.

Then i read the first comment. Which accused him of spending 2 grand on the game.

The uploader responded to the comment saying "Ackchyually i only spent 300$ on this toon"

So in-game experience isn't going to vary at all from what some shock jocks are posting for clicks?

"Whale hunting" is a fallacy to begin with. The whales do the hunting in Immortal. There are ways to deal with them.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider

What exactly is it that you’re even questioning?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder what the repercussions are for the marketing drone who accidently tweeted from the wrong account. That one simple act appears to be likely to cost blizz 10s of millions of dollars or more. People have been disappeared for a hell of a lot less than that.

that's the price you pay for hiring purple haired pronouns. And being banned in China will more likely cost 100s of millions annually in lost revenue.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
that's the price you pay for hiring purple haired pronouns. And being banned in China will more likely cost 100s of millions annually in lost revenue.

Blizzard will drop the Chinese publisher before they allow the release of D4, Overwatch 2 and Dragonflight to be blocked in China under Netease.

If it's just Immortal, they will eat the loss and stay with Netease. If its a 3 year suspension, then Blizzard will drop them since 3 years runs into 2-3 major releases.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Great video that pretty much sums up how insidious this game is. This dude deconstructs all the monetization schemes, the 23 currency types and how deep this goes.

Randomly got suggested this via youtube and decided to watch.

Whats horrible is this is not just Diablo. fuck 99% of these issues ALSO directly apply to Lost ark for example. I'm pretty done with "daily quests". what a terrible result they have made for gaming.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I will say I did enjoy my time from 1-60, but after hitting some paragon levels and seeing that MAYBE one of 10 legendary drops were very slight upgrades for me I kind of gave up.

May come back down the road if they ever adjust things and add content, but as it stands now I don't even have a desire to log in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I will say I did enjoy my time from 1-60, but after hitting some paragon levels and seeing that MAYBE one of 10 legendary drops were very slight upgrades for me I kind of gave up.

May come back down the road if they ever adjust things and add content, but as it stands now I don't even have a desire to log in.

Yea thats what the overwhelming majority of people are finding. Its a massive grind fest at end game, like totally brutal to make those 800% special sales so tempting.

Its disgusting how its making gamblers of a generation

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Stopped playing at paragon 4 with zero dollars spent. Like everyone has said once you beat the campaign you quickly realize what's in store for you and it's no bueno.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I joined later than anyone. I saw the word of mouth and decided to check it out about 3 weeks after launch.

Ultimately the game is free and doesn't cost me anything besides time I'd spend playing something else. There is a lull in gaming right now, so as I said in May-June in this thread. The timing of Immortal was what was going to hit the hardest. And it did, the downloads were crazy. 10m+ on launch week.

I'm now Paragon 43 with a combat rating that's able to get Hell 2 groups after about 7-9 days of grinding.

I won't say I am having some big fun. But dicking around in PvP in Bronze/Silver is holding my interest to keep logging in. The loot system doesn't hit a major wall until you get about where I am now. I realize my time with the game is probably limited but I'm not done with it yet.

I probably won't quit until I hit a real wall with rewards. So far that hasn't happened yet.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Lull in gaming + being able to play this on the ipad while on the go is the reason I haven’t quit yet. The head Immortal guild on Eternal Conflict is doing everything in their power to make everyone really hate them (plus the majority are whales) so I might stay a bit longer for the drama and see if I can contribute somehow to their dethroning.

First patch is supposed to be around a week before the first BP ends and I’m really curious to whats in it.

I’m still using paragon 16 - 30 set gear at paragon 60…

• 1Pathetic

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Lull in gaming? Just because there's no title you might have waited on for years does not mean there aren't new games, let alone older games, that are better than this. Hell, D3 is better than this.

• 1Like

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Paragon 58 here almost 2k Combat rating. I get my mind right and solo open world farm H3. Its not crowded like H2. There are a few areas in the game where classic wow like music pops up similar to Ashenvale. I did solo CR 65 this morning. Almost had 66 but shit rift boss.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
First patch is supposed to be around a week before the first BP ends and I’m really curious to whats in it.
Best case scenario? New Act which will be a Diablo 3 zone reskin. Like Pandeamonium Fortress or Rakkis Crossing.

Likely scenario? One new Elite Quest and rate up on a new legendary gem.

I do think that there's a very good chance that they'll do nothing.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lull in gaming? Just because there's no title you might have waited on for years does not mean there aren't new games, let alone older games, that are better than this. Hell, D3 is better than this.

People said Lost Ark was pretty good too. There's no AAA releases we cleared them all.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Best case scenario? New Act which will be a Diablo 3 zone reskin. Like Pandeamonium Fortress or Rakkis Crossing.

Likely scenario? One new Elite Quest and rate up on a new legendary gem.

I do think that there's a very good chance that they'll do nothing.

I'm hoping for expanded PvP. 1 more BG or open up the shadow lottery to full blown arenas you can do 4v4 outside of the shadow lottery.

The game needs more casual PvP.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm hoping for expanded PvP. 1 more BG or open up the shadow lottery to full blown arenas you can do 4v4 outside of the shadow lottery.

The game needs more casual PvP.
It's only large fights so that they don't have to balance it.

• 1Rustled