Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That isn't even a midget bonzai skill tree compared to PoE.

I'm sure they'll create a very accessible game which appeals to a wide audience.

Simply put: a piece of shit

There is something to be said for taking a slightly more "simplistic" approach, however. PoE has so many goddamn systems stacked on top of each other that learning to play the game (even just skipping a single season can be daunting) if you take a couple month break is a good 60+ minute investment of YouTube videos.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
While it looks pretty it also looks really hard to read(the branches aren't clear enough) and the tree aspect seems kinda random since the skills don't look like different versions but just different spells altogether, just put in a tree fashion. Could just be because it's still placeholders but seems meh. Then you barely have any choice in there anyway, I think if you visually put D3 skills in a tree form you'd have more variety, and that didn't have a whole lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol they put their fairly linear skills on a literal picture of a tree and everyone is super happy that they now have a "skill tree"

fucking retards

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Skill tree in POE isn't that impressive in terms of different nodes though. 1200ish + nodes in POE. Remove mana, energy shield, HP, dex, str, int, +resistance nodes from POE, how many are left that are actually "oh this ties directly into a class build?" Though active skills may be different, there are tons of builds with near identical passive picks except some minor changes to fit the different active skill. How many builds for instance has the little square of the 8 hp nodes in their setup? Be that spellcaster, melee, bow, summoner..

From the looks of the icons of the tree for D4 it appears to be tied to one class. Wizard or something like that. See some fireballs, magic missile things, shield? frost/arcane?
So if each class has its own tree, then it at least is a step up from the limited Diablo 3. Appears to be around 70-80ish points. No idea how many classes there will be. Three are announced, so maybe 6? 420-480ish skills if each class has a different tree. Don't know if those nodes are all class specific, but if they are, and HP/mana/stats are tied to gear, not passives in that tree, then it really isn't that small.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Last Epoch, which is probably being made in a rented office that used to be a Great Clips, looks light years ahead of this turd. Blizzard has more money than god to make a game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I was coming here to post *literally* this sentence. Kudos, good sir.

They are on their B C D E F G H janitorial staff team by now. I can't fucking believe they made the skill tree an actual tree.

For fuck sakes.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They are on their B C D E F G H janitorial staff team by now. I can't fucking believe they made the skill tree an actual tree.

For fuck sakes.

You know the team that came up with it was sitting in the meeting waiting for their reveal slide like giddy little schoolgirls. They thought the idea was that good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
diabl 4 skill tree meme.jpg

• 4Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Look guys, a literal skill tree.

View attachment 306472

what I see here is one cookie cutter build for each class when I see a skill tree like that.
it's like the old wow skill tree but spread out in a fancy way.
It's nothing more than an illusion of choice. Just look at the roots passives. first 2 choices are the same every the time, then you have 3 options, out of which 1 is probably the optimal way to go. I suspect they want you to choose a root, given that each of them have equal number of passives with most likely a mega passive at the end.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm sure they'll create a very accessible game which appeals to a wide audience.

Simply put: a piece of shit

The PoE skill nightmare is full of "+1% to shit" skills though, right?

I'll take a meaningful skill tree with a dozen strong choices over a thousand tiny choices which feel irrelevant.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The PoE skill nightmare is full of "+1% to shit" skills though, right?

I'll take a meaningful skill tree with a dozen strong choices over a thousand tiny choices which feel irrelevant.
Efficiently pathing through seemingly meaningless choices ends up being very meaningful.

• 3Like
  • 1Hodjing

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Wait, so life is the minigame right?

And I heavily enjoy a more in depth skill tree with loads of small choices amounting to a bunch of large choices. It makes me feel I've min maxed just how I wanted instead of getting good big nodes for 2 of 5 effects.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think you're cheating yourself out of a lot of depth and character choice PoE has to offer if you just follow guides. It is definitely not on the scale of a minigame.