Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gameplay trailer is pretty obviously hacked together from whatever they had even close to working just to distract people from the Hong Kong shit and the stale semen taste in everyones mouth from the Immortal announcement.

I wouldn't expect this any sooner than Q4 2021, and for it to look pretty wildly different than it does now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fuck even the shitty logo looks like something neogaf haphazardly threw together
1572642169712.jpeg

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
100%

ONE HUNDRED FUCKING PERCENT

They released this shit now because of all the china shit going on. There is almost no other reason to do so, not when they are years from release sitting on an engine that is almost literally the Diablo 3 engine with a spruced up layout.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Look mediocre. I don't know why people want these grey/brown graphics. Maybe bright colors hurt their old boomer eyes.

Unfortunately until we see skill trees/itemization/end game we can't say anything about any of it. And we won't know that shit for another year at least.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
100%

ONE HUNDRED FUCKING PERCENT

They released this shit now because of all the china shit going on. There is almost no other reason to do so, not when they are years from release sitting on an engine that is almost literally the Diablo 3 engine with a spruced up layout.
Nah, all this was ready a month+ ago, they're releasing this now because of the Diablo Immortal Shitshow last year.

On another note, I do like the idea of the Characters having different paper dolls. Being able to stack 4 weapon legendary affixes onto barbarian should make for very different build possibilities from the other classes.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I hate that legendary items are what they want to define builds, it just seems uninteresting when you could have affixes for weapons drop with + skill level affixes. I like the idea of world bosses, especially if you can farm them for specific drops (THERE WILL BE A TOWER RAID FOR RUNES). I know they are going to do daily quests and I hate it already, but I guess bring it on?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Look mediocre. I don't know why people want these grey/brown graphics. Maybe bright colors hurt their old boomer eyes.

Unfortunately until we see skill trees/itemization/end game we can't say anything about any of it. And we won't know that shit for another year at least.
I think there's a way to do the gothic look that still looks exciting and shit. Doesn't have to be "more brown" but just avoiding neons is a start.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Well, if nothing else, they seem to be hitting the right aesthetic and tone this time around, which is nice.

It's interesting that they're launching with so many legacy classes (and specifically D2 classes), when they've previously made a point of having very different class lineups with each game. But it's bringing back the Druid, so I won't complain.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Another thing, this is clearly miles off yet they announced it will release for PS4 & Xbox and showed gameplay videos with already dated gfx..? Wtf is going on at this place

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They can't win. This is one specific thing that people shat all over D3 for moving away from.
I recall it being two things, the first is that there was so many legendaries with zero effects at all they could literally take 6 existing and give them powers for season after season. The second is that they made the affixes so good that you would literally never use an ability unless you wore the gear for that affix. So between mandatory 5-6 pieces of set gear and 1-3 mandatory legendary affixes you had hardly any options.

LoN sort of made things have more options but you're still limited by what's available skill-wise.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really don't like the art style. Not sure if its because its so early and unpolished but it looks like cheap mobile trash to me. Like it was made off Diablo Immortal.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It actually looks more like diablo than warcraft and to me that's a plus. I didn't see a single rainbow and I did see some corpses on pikes. They are heading in the right direction at least.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I really don't like the art style. Not sure if its because its so early and unpolished but it looks like cheap mobile trash to me. Like it was made off Diablo Immortal.
Meh it's not that bad but it lacks a lot of "polish", mostly post processing effects and lightning. Without proper lightning a lot of games look like super trash, even good looking ones if you turn it off via mods and stuff. It's kinda like when you play a game with shadows entirely off, shit just looks weird.

Seeing as this isn't anywhere close to release though I have very little interest in it. At the pace they're going they won't have to contend with PoE 4.0 but PoE 5.0, and probably Lost Ark will have released(and probably died because of stupid korean cash shop decisions, that's the way it goes). So we'll see then. Also what they show now could be pretty fucking far from what they end with, especially if some fuckery happen with their decision making ppl(like if they get switched out and the new ones decide to push the game towards more microtransactions or more multiplayer only or whatever else). Hell we don't even know much of their plans in that regard right now, so feels like pretty pointless to get excited about this. The druid looked neat though so that's nice.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They can't win. This is one specific thing that people shat all over D3 for moving away from.

Moved away from with nothing to replace it. The skills were bland and given to you as you level up with no way of upgrading. Synergy was non-existent. Again, you can make legendary items "build around me" and that is fun; but having them be the main source of builds implies that you are expected to have and use legendaries which means they either underpower blues/yellows, stunt crafting, make legendaries more plentiful (less legendary), or all 3.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not seeing the "looks like a mobile" game as I've been watching gameplay streams. Animations and combat seem as smooth as D3, just not as flashy. Color palette is a lot more toned down, of course, which to me (as a fan of D3) is pretty jarring. I imagine this really is an alpha version, so bitching about it as it is seems a bit premature. Gameworld seems like a simplified version of what we see in Lost Ark. Druid looks pretty fun, for being lvl20 of course. =)

• 3Like