To be fair, I laughed my ass off at cruise dying over and over in Edge of Tomorrow.To be fair... he was one of the best parts of Tropic Thunder.
- 1
To be fair, I laughed my ass off at cruise dying over and over in Edge of Tomorrow.To be fair... he was one of the best parts of Tropic Thunder.
Also, since it is time for the Oscar-bait to start rolling out, there... isn't much left in terms of serous contenders this year? There's
Jesse Eisenberg's The Debut, which is also about putting on a play.
Martin McDonagh (In Bruges)'s Wild Horse Nine, which is also another (borderline) mass-market comedy about assassins.
The gay-as-hell La Bola Negra.
.. and then a couple oddballs that will get a nomination or two and not much else, like
Elsinore, about a gay guy in a play, and
Behemoth, about musicians doing music for movies?
Jesus, can the film industry even make anything other than for and about itself anymore?
I was limiting myself to 'awards-bait' releases to come; while mass-market films like Dune, Cliff Booth, Werwulf, etc. will get noms, I doubt that was a primary driver for any of those directors.
Though I suppose I do have to admit that (not having seen it or heard any reviews) McDonagh's Wild Horse Nine sounds too mass-market and reactionary (compared to Three Billboards and arguably Banshees) to really be considered awards-bait.