Disco Elysium

Janx

<Silver Donator>
First time hearing about this. Sounds bad ass.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I got it.

Man. The writing. So good. Just started it, played for 15 minutes and the game is just so atmospheric right off the bat.

You start off picking your stats, and it seems very involved in how the game will react to you/you react to it. Like Planescape Torment or the first Fallout games where you put int to below 3. Only every stat has a massive impact, not just int. Once you pick the stats, you also have a special skill you can select out of 20ish? that further defines your character.

Woke up drunk. First investigation solved that I threw my shoe out the balcony. Failed hard at getting a tie off a fan and hurt myself.

Looked in the mirror and was disgusted, but decided that I was a superstar. Not a drunk. Went outside, got my shoe. Talked to a lady and hit on her and failed so I said "I want to have fuck with you", she then laughed and said I didn't know how to use words and asked what was wrong with me, to which I responded that I was developing a theory that I was a superstar.

The run is starting off good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Good to hear, it popped up on steam for me yesterday and it seemed pretty rad at first glance. Poking around other forums it seems to be gathering a little too high praise, but i'll put it on my list for now and see how it shakes out after a week or so.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
This is good and I generally don't like games this dense.

It can be a little confusing to know whether I'm talking to the NPC I selected, myself, my skill or an object LOL!

Good stuff.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure if I messed up putting 6 in a stat and the starter perk in the same stat. Does leveling increase stats? Is it capped at 6? I dont know lol

Otto

I picked this up last night and three hours of playing just flew by. Been ages since a single player game hooked me like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Love the atmosphere, writing, and the old school Fallout like dialogue that takes into account your stats.

That said, I downloaded a hack for unlimited skill points. Before you judge, here is why:

As part of the story you pick up random deep thoughts, and dwell on them for like 5 hours in game. They temporarily give negative stats, and sometimes when finished give you positive things. I got 2 in a row that even after finishing took away stats permanently. Aaand it costs skill points to remove. Fuck that, I want to advance my character, not waste time.

Other than that I'm enjoying my time with it.

• 1Smuggly

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This looks so good but with red dead 2 a couple weeks away, classic wow and outer worlds this week gonna be a minute. Looks so fucking good though

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Loaded up the first 10 minutes or so and it instantly gave me a good vibe. The writing is on-point and sucks you in. I'll definitely be playing through it when I have space in my to-play list.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I definitely want to try this, will probably buy it over the weekend. Had never heard of it until I clicked on this thread but looks awesome. I don’t think I’ve bought a game in the better part of a year.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Been hearing good things. Will probably give this a shot after outer world.

How is the story?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This game has me all wtf

10 minutes in and I'm 100% hooked. Who am I? Why am I here? 7 days?!? Seriously?

Argh fuck this is amazing.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
And 2 minutes later, I'm dead of a heart attack! Literally!

Game over from a heart attack.

This is the best game ever\

Oh and this is also a thing

hobocop.PNG

Fuck it, hobocop

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Three posts in a row call the cops idgaf this game has me bros

Its like Planescape: Leisure Suit Larry

Its the only way I can describe it. Its just weird in all the ways that work perfectly together, like a puzzle made of surrealistic pieces that somehow still fits together cogently

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just lost the game because my character had a heartattack while talking to a union leader.

10/10 would collapse while staring down a fat-man again

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Still on the fence. I wish I could play a game like this on the couch on a console. Sounds like the ports are coming sometime in 2020. Anyone use steamlink and a wireless keyboard / trackpad?

• 1Solidarity