Disco Elysium

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well that was a lot of fun. If I had to do it over I'd play it on a PC 'cause the load times and UI kinda suck on the PS4. Felt like a Planescape Lite, minus the combat/rpg elements. If the game had incorporated stats into something other than conversation scores, like some form of psychic combat system, game would have been awesome. Nevertheless, very entertaining 8/10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah DE with a combat feature and some loot would be fucking baller.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The true ending to the church quest was amazing. That's the kind of long quest and payoff that makes a game go from great to genre defining.

Szlia

Late to the party. One of the best games of the last few years for sure. I'll let it simmer down for a few days and then I will dive right back with a different take on the protagonist. Believe the hype unless you don't like story-driven games.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Late to the party. One of the best games of the last few years for sure. I'll let it simmer down for a few days and then I will dive right back with a different take on the protagonist. Believe the hype unless you don't like story-driven games.
I bought it at release and have started a game a good half dozen times and just cannot get into it.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
It’s a pretty quick game once you get into it as I recall. I never looked up if the folks who did this wrote any other games.
I recommend you don't , it's pretty sad and dysfunctional/blamey.

I'll probably take another run at it one day. It just didn't 'click' for whatever reason.
Hell it took me 3-4 tries to get into Breaking Bad , so that should give you some idea of how stupid I am! LOL

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

I never looked up if the folks who did this wrote any other games.
Apparently, it turned into a total mess. Like people suing each other, battles over IPs, etc. It feels like it's one of those story of businessmen being somewhat shady and artists being bad managers, but that might be an oversimplification. Anyway, it's unclear if or how the main creative force behind the game (Robert Kurvitz) will be involved in potential sequels.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Apparently, it turned into a total mess. Like people suing each other, battles over IPs, etc. It feels like it's one of those story of businessmen being somewhat shady and artists being bad managers, but that might be an oversimplification. Anyway, it's unclear if or how the main creative force behind the game (Robert Kurvitz) will be involved in potential sequels.
That’s lame. I just read the guy started working on the “universe” of it when he was like 16.