Disney Infinity's Toy Box

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
one sad side effect is that avalanche studios is apparently owned by Disney and will be shut down - they made Mad Max and Just Cause. While I liked both games, they were both kinda meh and felt unfinished.

I don't think this is necessarily super bad news, Disney basically has decided they would rather just license their IP to other game studios than try to make games. I think its probably a long term mistake, but maybe its a safer bet. It is bad news for Nintendo though, since if Disney can't make all those Marvel and Disney figure-toys work with games, I don't see how Nintendo does that much better with amiibos.
Avalanche Software != Avalanche Studios

Avalanche Software(Disney Infinity) is(was) a Disney subsidiary based in Utah.
Avalanche Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Avalanche Studios(Mad Max, Just Cause) is a privately held studio in Sweden.
Avalanche Studios - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Had me worried for a second. Avalanche studios games are imperfect, but I enjoy them.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
one sad side effect is that avalanche studios is apparently owned by Disney and will be shut down - they made Mad Max and Just Cause. While I liked both games, they were both kinda meh and felt unfinished.

I don't think this is necessarily super bad news, Disney basically has decided they would rather just license their IP to other game studios than try to make games. I think its probably a long term mistake, but maybe its a safer bet. It is bad news for Nintendo though, since if Disney can't make all those Marvel and Disney figure-toys work with games, I don't see how Nintendo does that much better with amiibos.
Looks like maybe it's Avalanche Software that was shut down, Avalanche Studios is not related.

Avalanche Studios (@AvalancheSweden) | Twitter

Edit: beaten
tongue.png