Disney+ Streaming Service

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
founders. rather than preview. page asks for a code but that's the best i've seen on account creation. Verizon's page says 6am EST for when they hand out codes but people are logging in with D23 and other related accounts / apps first it seems.

Oldbased

> Than U
The sign up pages won't load for me, but otherwise I can't find anywhere that you "login"? Do they not have a website to login and update/check account information? Or is that preview.disneyplus.com going to change here in a few hours and that'll be it?
I made my account a few days ago so not sure current signup site. They may be crossing over because if you pre ordered the service you got founders perks.
As for login, once I downloaded the app, and opened it, it had a signin button. Entered email and password I registered with days ago and wala.

IMG_20191112_002606 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
founders. rather than preview. page asks for a code but that's the best i've seen on account creation. Verizon's page says 6am EST for when they hand out codes but people are logging in with D23 and other related accounts / apps first it seems.
Page is just all black, shows nothing.

Crone

Apparently it's not working yet on Windows. I downloaded the App and just streamed it to my chromecast and it's working.
So maybe you can answer a question for me, that Google doesn't seem to be able to answer. Is a Chromecast it's own input/device that you switch too and then runs it's own apps? Or does it just allow you to stream things from one device, to the TV that has it connected?

Oldbased

> Than U
So maybe you can answer a question for me, that Google doesn't seem to be able to answer. Is a Chromecast it's own input/device that you switch too and then runs it's own apps? Or does it just allow you to stream things from one device, to the TV that has it connected?
I think Chromecast works like Roku stick and Amazon Fire TV stick. You stick the stick into HDMI port on TV, switch inputs to it and load apps onto it.
My 4k stick has about 20 apps on it. Sling TV, Prime, Disney+, Philo, The CW, some weather apps, Netflix, Hulu and a few more. I don't usually keep inactive ones loaded. Even though I download most of them through the Amazon App Store, some I subscribe through Amazon too, some are free and some I sub direct from webpage of app provider. You sign in and it's like you are watching cable except without a $25 a month box and usually better picture. ( seriously fuck ever having cable again )

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

that last question has it (olebass is incorrect), you need a cell phone or laptop to use a Chromecast, the Chromecast is just the medium between your phone and your TV

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Chromecast plugs into an HDMI slot on your TV. You then grab the chromecast app and once you set it up apps will just have a little chromecast button you can use to stream to it. You aren't actually uploading anything to the chromecast itself. You can also stream your own movies through it using VLC player or the videostream app.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
that last question has it (olebass is incorrect), you need a cell phone or laptop to use a Chromecast, the Chromecast is just the medium between your phone and your TV

Phone, tablet, or PC. 90% of the time I use my chromecast off my laptop. You just have to have the chromecast plug-in for Google Chrome.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well I did say I think, but I was certain Chromecasts could be plugged directly into HDMI and connected via wifi to direct app stuff like all the others now. Are they still in the dark age of streaming sticks and never upgraded that?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well I did say I think, but I was certain Chromecasts could be plugged directly into HDMI and connected via wifi to direct app stuff like all the others now. Are they still in the dark age of streaming sticks and never upgraded that?

I dunno if anything has changed actually. I have 1st gen Chromecasts. Had them for like 5-6 years and never felt a need to get another or upgrade.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

wasn't trying to rub it in, just wanted to make sure he didn't get confused.

chromecasts never did upgrade in that sense, no.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
oh one newer thing, Chromecast can work with Google Home to control your TV in absence of cell phone or etc, but then you have to rely on voice for all your controls.

Crone

Wtf? So why the fuck would you want to use that, essentially taking up 2 devices, the streaming device (laptop, phone, etc) and then your TV? Your fucking TV has all the apps on it, or just get a ROku, and then guess what, you don't have to bother with loading something up on the other device first?

I don't get it.

Oldbased

> Than U
wasn't trying to rub it in, just wanted to make sure he didn't get confused.

chromecasts never did upgrade in that sense, no.
Oh I know, I was/am just shocked. That is one reason I never went for one way back. Seems a poor choice of business. I'm sure it allows them all sorts of neat info though.

I do like how Amazon did theirs. When I hit the power button on my TV remote, it is all there loaded, with my favorites across all apps, suggestions and more. It is click and go. No input switching, no devices such as tablets/phones connected. It's so easy even Shelly can do it on her TV. We share some apps but she has all sorts of apps I don't and I got some she doesn't on her TV. It keeps them separated well.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wtf? So why the fuck would you want to use that, essentially taking up 2 devices, the streaming device (laptop, phone, etc) and then your TV? Your fucking TV has all the apps on it, or just get a ROku, and then guess what, you don't have to bother with loading something up on the other device first?

I don't get it.

Can you stream pirated material through a Roku? I can on my Chromecast. Also I don't even own a smart TV atm.

Oldbased

> Than U
Can you stream pirated material through a Roku? I can on my Chromecast. Also I don't even own a smart TV atm.
You can on the Fire. Don't know on Roku. Fire has browser and you can bust it out of Amazon App into google play apps pretty easy.
Not that I would but more because I have ATT Fiber and the installer straight up said they'll yank that unlimited 1000/1000 from you in a heartbeat if you get dinged enough.
So that would apply to pc and everything else as well. One day they'll figure out they fucked up and instead of a $30 off promotion for a year they doubled it and I get $60 off or $40 a month for unlimited 1000/1000mb service. Hopefully not before May.

Crone

Yea, from the Plex app that's loaded up on any device basically out there in the world? lol

If you're already going through the trouble of getting TV/movies on your computer through whatever means, then having Plex Server parse it and put it into a Netflix'ish type of app is a no brainer.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Looks like if you did the $150/3yr deal it is still regular $12.99/month to upgrade to bundle. Which is what I expected but wasn’t 100% if that’d hold up.