Disney's Lorcana (trading card game)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've got two boxes at MSRP, but that's from going to the stores for 20+ years.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
LGS decided to do six booster pack sealed instead of sealed starter deck and folks getting massacred due to playing too many shiny uninkables in their 40 card decks.

Opened my first legendary in the sealed pool, Gantu's useless ass

EDIT Update: Got second at the event, lost in the finals to Wrath of God in limited blind-siding, CCGs never change eh? Ended up cracking 4 Belle (1 Enchanted) in my prize +boxes, so I guess I'm playing giga-ramp. Tournament Had 32 folks, about a quarter children.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's okay, every CCG company is run and staffed by pedophiles, we can at least take solace in the fact that they treat their employees like shit

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
It's okay, every CCG company is run and staffed by pedophiles, we can at least take solace in the fact that they treat their employees like shit
Shark Tank Writing GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
This is what I've been thinking about building. In testing it does extremely well into aggro and pretty well into midrange but is about 50/50 into control. I might make some changes to help it into that matchup since it seems like Ruby/Amethyst is the deck to beat, but for now I'm gonna be online-only since this deck costs over $500 and there isn't even any competitive play yet. Grab Your Dubs Deck by Kriptini | Lorcania

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is what I've been thinking about building. In testing it does extremely well into aggro and pretty well into midrange but is about 50/50 into control. I might make some changes to help it into that matchup since it seems like Ruby/Amethyst is the deck to beat, but for now I'm gonna be online-only since this deck costs over $500 and there isn't even any competitive play yet. Grab Your Dubs Deck by Kriptini | Lorcania
Yeah, the prices are wild, I immediately turned around and dumped most of my super rares and legendaries to rebuy when shit calms back down.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
My cousin has spent like 15,000$ on a bunch of the promo cards and getting them graded. Cost him like 3,000$ to get a bunch graded and has a full set of all 7 psa 10s. It's Disney tho so it's very likely this stuff only goes up in value.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Couple of friends at Gencon scored 4 boxes, broke them and sold 2 cards for $900 (combined). I thing the boxes were $135 each +/-.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Anyone got the hook up in San Diego. No luck on finding any yet.

Everything at MSRP is likely gone now. There will be reprints of the first set Q1 2024.

They just announced the second set and a limited collectors edition as well. This is gonna be a shit show to get.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"It's okay if you can't get set one we're gonna power creep this shit like crazy"

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I haven't really been seeing the power creep tbh. People are pointing out the new Belle but I don't think it's that good. Here's what I wrote in another conversation:

Belle dies to literally anything and coming out at 5 means it's either the end of the game or you've already lost because Emerald is only good at aggro and nothing else. Discarding your hand doesn't matter when you're winning on board and your opponent has no cards left either. For the hyper aggro deck, I would rather use Just in Time on Kuzco or Mad Hatter. Smash kills it, Giant Tink kills it, Amber can just run whatever they want into it and then Rapunzel to heal the damage and draw. Amethyst will just play Queen or Magic Mirror and then kill it or they'll just keep it locked down with Elsa, plus Amethyst is usually running with Ruby for Dragon Breath/Be Prepared/Maleficent or Sapphire for Let it Go/Hades.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Dies to Doom Blade.

It matters because all forms of removal for this card are either at least as efficient or more efficient than playing the card itself. If Belle cost 3, this would be a different conversation entirely, but at 5 cost, it's backbreaking.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Played this today, it's actually pretty good. There's also an online version that is extremely well built and has every card for free and high quality matchmaking with a lot of people. I can't imagine it will last very long. Super easy to set up too.

Download client, load game, copy paste link of the card images into the client via the settings button and that's literally it. I only just learned how to play today, already made a deck just from reading a few cards and been stomping pretty hard. Seems red/blue ramp is pretty busted. Was kinda surprised to see blue being the ramp color rather than green tho.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Oh and if anyone is interested in playing me lmk, can set up a custom match and f around

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So a box is 24 packs, with 12 cards per pack. And MSRP is about $150. Are they TRYING to make WOTC look good?