Doctor Who

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I mean that'd be nice except that she's been dressing like a 60 year old aunt for the last season and a half. And not like the cool aunt that let you watch Real Sex on HBO or shared a joint with you. The crazy one that wears Christmas sweaters year round and has 20 cats that she names after books in the Bible and characters from the Grande Ole Opry.

Ganthorn

N00b
I feel like I am the only person who likes the guitar/sunglasses thing. I felt like he had no personality at all last season.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Nooooo. You are not sir. I only hate the glasses because they got rid of the screwdriver. If he had both, I'd be okay with it.

They finally gave him his own Doctor. Very reminiscent of the 7th Scottor abrupt change. It was almost as if the last season was peppered with Matt Smith scripts and now finally all of these are for him.

Caliane

Glasses are stupid because they are not a tool, and glasses are cheap, flimsy, get broken, fall off, etc.. and seemingly never actually uses them as what you would expect high tech glasses to actually do. Heads up display/scanning, or recording of visual.
Sonic cellphone or something would make more sense.

Juvarisx

Florida
I really like the guitar thing as well, glasses...well not so much I get the feelign they will be gone again next season. Claire just needs to go, just hoping they are not setting up Osgood as the next companion.

Cybsled

Osgood is a good recurring character, but she is too nerdgasm to be a perma companion.

Strax should be the new companion, IMO.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I still want them to bring back the junkie from the Christmas episode. Or the horse from The Girl in the Fireplace. Or River.

Cybsled

That article is confusing...did the BBC want 24 episodes, or are they halving the usual 12?

The article mentions they wanted more than 12, but he didn't.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I might be messing up one or two details but basically the show was cancelled back in 2008 or whenever Davies planned on leaving. The BBC felt they shouldn't do Doctor Who just for the sake of doing it, and come back when it had fresh ideas and people. Moffat took over and changed all that, but the compromise was that Davies would come back for one more season. So they reworked it into 4 Specials, and the big 2 part finale on Christmas/NY. It not only worked, but worked so well every couple of years now they go back to doing specials/hiatus, but generally the episodes have much, much bigger budgets. I prefer that to cancelling the show. The last time was pretty bad except for Asylum of the Daleks. Even the Farscape Crichton Western episode sucked.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm over 2000 years old! I'm old enough to be your Messiah!

Best lines ever.

Caliane

"you said that the last 15 times". ... again. how many people died in this 15th revolution? How many in the first 14?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Really enjoying Capaldi, but the last 2 seasons have seemed off to me. (Cannot really pinpoint why this is)

Also the no super interesting overall story arc.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoying Capaldi, but the last 2 seasons have seemed off to me. (Cannot really pinpoint why this is)

Also the no super interesting overall story arc.
I'd blame that on Clara being distracting to long term story lines.

Caliane

eyecrud monsters. sigh.
I can definitely say, I have not actually enjoyed this show in a while. mostly just watch now, just cuz.