Doctor Who

Fazana_sl

shitlord
There are a few whispers about this chap, Ben Daniels. His name came up when the original "Smith is leaving!" rumours started a month or so ago.

300ben_daniels.jpg

I really wish they used this opportunity to clean house, boot Moffat out as showrunner and give him a two parter each season etc. as in small doses the chap is usually fine. He's obviously got too much on his plate with Sherlock as well as Dr Who and the split season nonsense is just terrible.

Let's Kill Hitler - Never Forget!

300ben_daniels.jpg

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol, the actor who plays Joffrey being cast as The Doctor would be pure awesome. He would make an epic Valeyard ;P

Sad to see Smith go...he did an excellent job as Doctor.

iannis

Musty Nester
Holy shit, a Hugh Laurie Doctor Who... that's something I would watch. They could bring back the old version of The Master and call him Lupus (because of the awesome beard he'd have).

C'mon gentleteletmens, make that happen. Americans ask so little of you!

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Check all 22 pages, didnt see this. Spoof video from Red Nose Day. I thought this was very funny. Not sure how I missed it before.
Think its from 2009? Shock no one posted it on here, maybe it was on the FOH thread before just not on here due to changes. I need to get back into the swing of watching this again, I am very behind on seasons.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Check all 22 pages, didnt see this. Spoof video from Red Nose Day. I thought this was very funny. Not sure how I missed it before.
Think its from 2009? Shock no one posted it on here, maybe it was on the FOH thread before just not on here due to changes. I need to get back into the swing of watching this again, I am very behind on seasons.

Red Nose day 1999 "Curse of Fatal Death"

When geffe said it was confirmed that Smith was back in 2014 I looked all over and never saw it officially said anywhere so the only real surprise is why they are confirming it now, I wonder if a Sunday newspaper was going to break it tomorrow so they jumped ahead of it.
I saw it a few times online, apparently quoting Matt Smith. Guess they were hacks or misquoting. I remember them saying he was going through the 2014 season and then most likely leaving, unless i read wrong. I should have bookmarked the sites/articles

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The BBC tends to link to older stories when discussing new ones so it was fun to go back to 2008 and read the speculation about who was going to follow Tennant. Not a single story I've seen so far mentions Matt Smith
smile.png

Apparently if you go through all of todays Sunday papers you'll get just about anyone who is British and has been on TV in the last 5 years as being mentioned to be in contention with Idris Elba, Helen Mirren and Sean Pertwee as the main names being banded about. I suspect your best bet of seeing the next Doctor is to go and watch a random theatre production in the next few months.

I did laugh at Tennants exit interview and him being asked who should follow him, he said he was always a fan of wee Jimmy Krankie and he was going to personally start a campaign for (s)he to follow him as The Doctor.

smile.png

I saw it a few times online, apparently quoting Matt Smith. Guess they were hacks or misquoting. I remember them saying he was going through the 2014 season and then most likely leaving, unless i read wrong. I should have bookmarked the sites/articles
I believe Matt Smith had stated his intention to stay through the 8th series back before the decision was made to split the 7th series across 2012/2013. Back in 2011, with his contract signed to run through late 2013, he probably expected series 7 to film/air in 2012, and series 8 to film/air in 2013.

I don't believe anything changed with his contract timing, the showrunners just made the 7th series span 2 years.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Too bad they lost their chance to get Benedict Cumberbatch, I doubt he would go from doing two blockbuster films in a year back to TV, other than Sherlock which he is already known and signed on for.

I doubt they would go for a much older guy or a previous regeneration. Would be interesting if John Hurt is the 12th Regeneration/Valeyard and Tennant/Smith team up to defeat and regenerate him into the new actor for the 13th.
This is what I suspect, because in the "modern" world outside the Trenzalore timestream tangle where he is trapped, the Great Intelligence and the Whispermen are gone, there are no Daleks or Cybermen...what kind of foe is there that could kill or damage him enough to force a regeneration? Moffat Havana hulluva big hole to write himself out of.

Also, I wonder if they will reveal the next Doctor publicly before Xmas, or wait until it airs by putting out a lot of false leads.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
FFS I teared up during his "I don't wanna go" moment and that's bullshit. Especially setting it up with Rose being the last thing he wanted to see before he died.
This is what made it worse for me-- he's dying, all alone, and all he wants to do is see Rose just one more time. Devastating.

I am highly eager to see how 11reacts to Rose in the 50th, however.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
what kind of foe is there that could kill or damage him enough to force a regeneration? Moffat Havana hulluva big hole to write himself out of.
That's not that big of a hole. He's been forced to regenerate by fairly mundane things. Falling off a building would cause the Doctor to regenerate, for example. It's actually killing a timelord that's slightly trickier, as you'd have to kill them during regeneration or prevent it from happening.

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
what kind of foe is there that could kill or damage him enough to force a regeneration?
He's had regenerations forced upon him by the Time Lords before, as punishment. Also TWICE, he kinda just...fell down. The first Doctor and...I think it was the 5th? Maybe 6th.

I am highly eager to see how 11reacts to Rose in the 50th, however.
I got 20 bucks that says "embarrassed". Like, can't look her in the eye, doesn't really wanna connect with her again embarrassed. Much like with River-ghost.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
River made a big deal out of the Doctor entering this own timeline-thing, when nothing really happened to him in the last episode. So they could easily make up something about that, how exhausting and destructive it was for him to enter it.

And i'm kind of sad to see Matt Smith leaving the show, but it's always a bitch when a Doctor "dies".

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's already been said in this thread, but my vote is for richard ayodele as the next doctor.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Ian McShane to be the new Doctor in a co-production with HBO.

If any of you fucking hoopleheads disagree, you suck cock by choice!

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
I agree with whoever said it earlier that Benedict Cumberbatch should be the next doctor. About as perfect a match as I could ever think of. Who knows, maybe he's got a great report with Moffat from Sherlock and wants to add onto the 7 projects he's already got going in 2013
tongue.png

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Just finished the end of Season 1-6 slightly behind, I know. From my casual marathon so far, I lost interest during Smith's run. Wasn't as memorable as Tennant's run or even Eccleston's for that matter. Out of all of the twists, it's going to be hard to beat the Face of Boe feel good spoiler for me. With that said, I'm rather anxious to see who the next Doctor is.

Has season 7 gotten better for Smith?