Doctor Who

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People missed him about 2 years into Moffat when his second story arc ended up being nonsense too.
i liked all the Bad Wolf stuff, but i really loved Smith's first season, The Silence ended up being shit in the end, but it started out well.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Basically, back before Time-Lords were a culture, one of the indigenous races of Gallifrey who's name escapes me discovered space travel. They sent a lone woman scientist (of course) into space, where she found a world that contained a special portal/rift to another universe or something. At the base of the portal, was a young black girl (of course) who she adopted and took back to Gallifrey. After a childhood incident, the young black girl died and then regenerated into a young asian girl (of course). The mother ran all these tests, figured out the gene for regeneration, spliced it into some members of their society (with a limit of 12 regenerations) and thus this lone female explorer/scientist lady creates the Time Lord society (of course).

Oh, and The Doctor we know is the original young black girl (of course); meaning The Doctor is the reason Time Lords exist, and is now a magical alien from another universe with endless regenerative capabilities. Only the spliced-created Time Lords have a limit of 12 regens. Old Black Woman Doctor is basically just one of the lives The Doctor has lived over their billion of year life span, now. They just only remember the last 13 regenerations, cause plot.
giphy.gif

My god, its impressive how much damage they've done.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It gets even worse when you try to rewatch older episodes now knowing how upended the canon has become. Just a clip from that Matt Smith episode with the black cube invasion - Kate Lethbridge-Stewart's first meeting of the Doctor, she walks in Amy and Rory's house, scans him, see's two hearts on her x-ray and knows he is the Doctor.

Is two hearts something unique to the new Doctor's special snowflake alien race? Or did Gallifreyans ALSO JUST SO HAPPEN to have two hearts as well?

Matt Smith's entire finale speech before he changed into Capaldi, "We all change...we're all different people all through our lives...but that's ok so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." Yet, the Doctor now apparently forgot billions of years worth of regenerations? His entire speech is just meaningless garbage now thanks to this new shit.

I could go on but god damn I don't want to. I'm still seething with rage at the whole debacle.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
They always had two hearts. The rest of current Who is just dogshit.

What he is pointing out is the huge plot hole created now where the Doctor- who is now not a Time Lord- has exactly the same physiology as every other Time Lord.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I foolishly watched the very last episode.

Such utterly shit writing.

Are we supposed to assume the woman who found the Timeless Child kept killing her/him to force regenerations or that the child just kept dying really young and that the explorer who was going full Doctor Mengele on her just hardly aged. A bit of gray hair isn't much to show for half a dozen full lifetimes considering how old Matt Smith's Doctor's made it.

Equally, pacifist Doctor decides against killing the Master and an entirely new species, albeit an evil one, but has no issues with the huge hypocrisy of letting old dude wander in and not only perform the act but also sacrifice his life into the bargain.

Oh, and, the regenerating Cybermen... surely once the regeneration kicked off they'd just become a Time Lord inside a cyberman shell.

Urgh... fuck's sake.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What he is pointing out is the huge plot hole created now where the Doctor- who is now not a Time Lord- has exactly the same physiology as every other Time Lord.

Because it's impossible that maybe the regeneration gene also gives you 2 hearts?

Jodi's been a good doctor. There were 2 bad episodes where they were preaching environmentalists bullshit, but you can't blame her for that.

• 1Picard

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's the best way to watch New Who (Ninth Doctor onward)?

It was all on Amazon Prime for free and I started watching last year, took a break, and now all of the episodes are behind a paywall ($2/ep). I've got Prime and everything. BritBox (another streaming service) has the old Doctors, which is awesome in and of itself. So what's the best way to watch the new ones, blu-ray sets? About to go buy up the Tennant/Smith eras, want to pick up where I left off.

dizzie

Triggered Happy

It was all on Amazon Prime for free and I started watching last year, took a break, and now all of the episodes are behind a paywall ($2/ep). I've got Prime and everything. BritBox (another streaming service) has the old Doctors, which is awesome in and of itself. So what's the best way to watch the new ones, blu-ray sets? About to go buy up the Tennant/Smith eras, want to pick up where I left off.

The best way is to download the series from a torrent site and play them on plex, that way you don't give the BBC any money.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I just checked and they have all the new seasons on HBO Max. So that is where they are hiding out now.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
New rumors I'm hearing lately say they are going to make the Doctor bisexual next season, oh and the exterior of the TARDIS is now gonna change because hating the police is cool now.

I'm so done with this show I can't even muster the care to post the rumor links. Find them yourself.

Fuck this planet.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
New rumors I'm hearing lately say they are going to make the Doctor bisexual next season, oh and the exterior of the TARDIS is now gonna change because hating the police is cool now.

I'm so done with this show I can't even muster the care to post the rumor links. Find them yourself.

Fuck this planet.
there were rumors that this doctor was bi in her first season. they were setting the stage back then. but i seriously doubt they change the Blue Box. thats the most iconic thing about this show. that being said, i wouldnt doubt they remove any reference to the police on the Blue Box, even though its a police box.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let us hope it's false, dear Chuk. Let us hope it's false.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Police Box is obvious virtue signal, knew they would consider that. It'll be the final nail in the coffin of the show, we don't really have problems with the police in the UK so it's just going to play badly over here.

Bisexual..? The Doctor is mostly a weird asexual alien. Unless they do a Rose like storyline with a man, I don't see how it's relevent. The Doctor is already lesbian by default if sexuality isn't linked to gender as trans theorists say.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Let us hope it's false, dear Chuk. Let us hope it's false.
it might not be false, they want to remove the references to police , but they will most likely not change the Blue Box otherwise. i say that because nobody is buying their merch as it is. the Blue Box is the only thing that still sells aside from pre cunt Doctor era action figures.

April fools joke come true?
from 2013
Doctor Who's Police Box Axed | Doctor Who TV

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
it might not be false, they want to remove the references to police , but they will most likely not change the Blue Box otherwise. i say that because nobody is buying their merch as it is. the Blue Box is the only thing that still sells aside from pre cunt Doctor era action figures.

April fools joke come true?
from 2013
Doctor Who's Police Box Axed | Doctor Who TV

Daleks must sell good too. So do weeping angels I bet. And I have a version of every sonic screwdriver I've been able to find.