Doctor Who

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
another question, how did the Time War destroy any part of the universe? i thought it was just between the time lords of gallifray and the daleks of skaro? you would figure the first things to be destroyed would be those 2 planets.
I assume they go back in time and deal with your allies/trade partners/firstcontact. Or maybe they go back in time and try to divert a comet/asteroid. Then when unintended consequences surprise everyone you have a whole new mess to fail at cleaning up.

Cybsled

The only thing I can think of is he located a specific point in time that would allow most of the damage to be reversed, wiped out the Timelords and Daleks at that point, then locked it so no one could change it/prevent any possible paradoxes.

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
The only thing I can think of is he located a specific point in time that would allow most of the damage to be reversed, wiped out the Timelords and Daleks at that point, then locked it so no one could change it/prevent any possible paradoxes.
That's also what I've been thinking. He found a vulnerable point in time and did *something* that made the war a closed loop of time. It still happened, because we've seen plenty of alien folk mention it.

As for most of the universe being destroyed, I kinda took that to mean a whole lot of time travel fuckery. Like, "Oh shit, ceta alpha 9 is gonna be a massive loss for the Time Lords, I'll just pop back a few billion years and knock the proto-planet into the sun, problem solved!". And that shit would snowball, fast.

Random comments on the past two pages:
Jamie McKriven! He's the scottish dude who traveled with The Doctor, and he was a badass. "Daleks? I'll charge em with my little sheep skinning knife. MCKRIIIVEEEENNN!!!"
Brigadier is sadly gone, but they DID establish he had a daughter that was with UNIT as well. I'd like to see her come back.
Also, everyone keeps saying "Timothy Dalton". Does no one remember he was Rassilon? I really like the idea of one of the weeping time lords being matt smith. that would be a great touch.

Clara being Susan would be a cop-out imo. There's literally nothing in her story to suggest it, and quite a few things (leaf!) that suggest she was born on earth.

Anyone else think the magic-regeneration-drink could also make the number of remaining regenerations a wildcard? It could be any amount now, really. Though I am glad to have a 20 year mystery of the 8th doctor's regeneration solved. Jaw fuckin' dropped when I saw him.

Cybsled

Clara being Susan doesn't make much sense since Susan was a Time Lord (full or partial). Honestly, Susan could be anywhere...although it always seemed heavily implied that when the Doctor took out the Time Lords and Daleks, he took them all out...everywhere and every time. Unless Susan was using what the Master used to survive...

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
i thought at the time people said the weeping gallifrayans were the doctor's mom and dad?
They have not been specifically identified, simply that they had brought shame, or some shit, by objecting to Rassilon's tom-foolery.

Prevailing nerd-theory is they could be, or at least that the woman could be his mother. But it's just speculation, really. THAT would actually be far more likely to be Susan, imo. She lived a life on Earth with the dude she met, regenerated, and at some point went back to Gallifrey.

Cybsled

Ya, it always seemed that she would only be significant if it was someone very close to the Doctor and a mother always seemed to fit the bill best.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This. It's what I've always assumed too. "The Moment". Makes sense.

Only a handful more days now.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Steven Moffat interview:

Steven Moffat: 'I was the original angry Doctor Who fan' | Television radio | The Guardian

"...the birthday story will concern a particularly important day in the Doctor's life. "It's a turning point," says Moffat, trying to explain without giving anything away. "We don't often do good character episodes for the Doctor. He's usually the one who catalyses other people's big emotional moments. We never see him when he's alone, he's always with his human friends.

"But if he meets another Doctor, what would he say to himself? What does he ask himself? This one is about him, for once. Am I making it sound too heavy? It does have its darker moments but it is a romp too. It's fun and it's funny. And the trailer doesn't exaggerate. It is big."

Other snippets:
...Moffat had met [Ecclestone] for a "very amiable and gentlemanly" conversation and the actor considered it "quite seriously" before saying no. "It's just not the sort of thing he does," concludes Moffat. "The ninth Doctor turns up for the battle but not the party. But Chris was perfectly sweet and kind about it. And contrary to what was written at the time he in no way messed us around."

...A few weeks ago Moffat gathered all of the show's writers together so that they could tell the fully plotted and complete story of the eighth season of Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi's first, and the debut of the 12th (or is he the 13th?) Doctor - between them, from start to end, to see if it works

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
So i've been wanting to get into Doctor Who for a while now, but where do I start? considering this show has been on for ..what well over 50 years now?(1963 to present?), i really don't think I could stomach going that far back, so how far back *should* I go and where do I start?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Don't immediately write off going that far back if the idea of watching Sci Fi from the 1960s seems dated to you. I watched the first two Seasons through some huge Who torrent that was available and really enjoyed them. It was a combination of actual episodes + the fan stuff + the audio recordings.

But I'd be interested in the real Who die hards opinion on it. While I'm still making my way through from a completionist standpoint it would be nice to know if there was a must see list of 20 - 30 episodes.

Cybsled

It depends. If you have a low tolerance for tinfoil head aliens, the older Who stuff might seem a little lol. The reboot has done a pretty good job in trying to reintroduce all the historical Who stuff, though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
TBH, go back to any doctor's first episode if you want to test the waters and see if you'll like the show. I started with ecclestone's doctor. Tennet's would be good too.

After that, consider going back and watching the older stuff.