"Dominion of Darkness" - simulator of Dark Lord/Lady

Adeptus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"Dominion of Darkness” is a strategy/RPG text game in which the player takes on the role of a Sauron-style Lord of Darkness with the goal of conquering the world. He will carry out his plans by making various decisions. He will build his army and send it into battles, weave intrigues and deceptions, create secret spy networks and sectarian cults, recruit agents and commanders, corrupt representatives of Free Peoples and sow discord among them, collect magical artifacts and perform sinister plots. Note – one game takes about 1 hour, but the premise is that the game can be approached several times, each time making different decisions, getting different results and discovering something new. Feedback is very much welcome. Very, very much. Game is playable and winnable, but still - I want to expand it with new parts of the story and reworked mechanics. So I am open for suggestions of community.
Here You can play:"Dominion of Darkness" - interactive fiction, story of the Dark Lord by Adeptus7

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
"Dominion of Darkness” is a strategy/RPG text game in which the player takes on the role of a Sauron-style Lord of Darkness with the goal of conquering the world. He will carry out his plans by making various decisions. He will build his army and send it into battles, weave intrigues and deceptions, create secret spy networks and sectarian cults, recruit agents and commanders, corrupt representatives of Free Peoples and sow discord among them, collect magical artifacts and perform sinister plots. Note – one game takes about 1 hour, but the premise is that the game can be approached several times, each time making different decisions, getting different results and discovering something new. Feedback is very much welcome. Very, very much. Game is playable and winnable, but still - I want to expand it with new parts of the story and reworked mechanics. So I am open for suggestions of community.
Here You can play:"Dominion of Darkness" - interactive fiction, story of the Dark Lord by Adeptus7
Pretty fun, I went humans mostly, killed the elves but the dwarves beat me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
08A2F3C1-89F5-4169-96D5-3AEFC2453910.jpeg

Greenskins/orcs failed me. Went for the puny elves. Bah.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not a bad little time spender.

Lost first game, fairly early, to a Volcano.
Won the second game by influence instead of war.
No real suggestions except maybe make a night mode, as I hate bright websites.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Adeptus

@ All
Thank You very much for playing and feedback!

@ Seananigans
I never used ChatGPT, it is made with Twine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Played 2 games on pc with no issues. But doesn’t load on my iPhone. - cancel that, even hitting restore game wouldn’t load anything but a blank page, but just refreshing the page brings it up

• 1Like

Adeptus

Thanks for playing.
Yes, there is issue on some iPhones, on some of them online version is displayed as dark letters on dark background. I am not sure why, probably because of something with itch.io, because downloadable version works always alright. Dominion of Darkness 1.962+

• 3Like

Adeptus

The first video review of the game in English language was posted: .

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 470738
Greenskins/orcs failed me. Went for the puny elves. Bah.
And with that, you become the ruler of the known world. It is time for change! Inspired by you, living beings shed all boundaries. They sing, dance, drink, eat, kill and copulate on impulse. The world turns into one big, crazy, bloody carnival. Your other subjects rather seek the pleasures of the mind and push the boundaries of cognition, conducting the most insane experiments. Grotesque mutations and phenomena resulting from the release of wild energies become commonplace. Logic and morality are relegated to the dustbin of history. Everyone is crazy, and you, their king, the most of all! You sit on your throne, laughing out loud, and the heavens tremble with your laughter!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! IT'S VICTORY... One of many possible.

And now please rate the game or follow me at itch.io.

I had an army of mutated dwarf magitek cyborgs and a nuke called the Archbomb. Humans and Orcs were too terrified of it so they joined me immediately. I ended up nuking the elves and having my dwarves experiment on the remaiinder.

• 2Like

Adeptus

Thank You for playing! Hope You have at least a but of fun. Did You saw any bugs? Have You any suggestions?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Not enough boobs or sexy vampire detectives imho. <oglaf.gif>. Otherwise it's great!

• 2Like

Adeptus

Thank You! Well, one of the features avalaible in new version will be choosing Your consort, but it definitely will not be oglaf level of sexiness (and be rather tertiary element).

Adeptus

Hello! I'm still working on the game and plan to release a new version soon. But new content and features mean the risk of new bugs and balance problems, so I'm looking for testers. Is anyone interested in helping me test the new version?

Adeptus

OK so it is time for the promised update!

Some new things in this version are:
- harpies and serpentmen are now reruitable for Tempter character,
- new expedition to Witchlands, land once ruled by civilization older even than Your character,
- new possible way to victory by discovery of ancient secrets and accomplishment of the magical Great Work, including new endings,
- male Tempter and Warmonger can take a consort, which brings mechanical benefits and story elements,
- choice of element your character specialize in. It has influence on spellcasting and unblocks some new events;
- new ways for defeating enemy kingdoms, connected with profession of your character. Warmonger can initiate full-scale total ware between elves and dwarves, Destroyer of Life can start vampire apocalypse, Tyrant can summon hosts of angeldemons from Infernal Heaven and Temptress can seduce king Janos.

And of course many lesser changes, fixes and new events.

Some plans for the future:

- make elemental focus more significant by adding big questchains connected to it - e.g. as Water focused character You will be able to wake ancient sea leviathan and as Fire focused one, to create your own fiery "Mordor",

- add some new "final bosses" with which You will have to deal after conquering Free Peoples,

- add new special ending in which You go back in time to won first war (mentioned in prologue).

Many thanks for all people who pla this game and give me feedback! Please, remember to rate the game. Or if You prefer to support my creative process financially, I invite You to: Adeptus . But still, feedback is more important than money!

Oh, BTW, I invite You to listen to: or read: All Children of the Mother – short story "All Children of the Mother", short story featuring one of the characters You can meet and fight in "Dominion of Darkness". But beware of spoilers!

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
  • 3Like