Don't Breathe (2016)

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Don't Breathe (2016)

Tagline: This house looked like an easy target, until they found out what was inside.

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Fede Alvarez

Cast: Jane Levy, Dylan Minnette, Daniel Zovatto, Stephen Lang, Franciska Töröcsik, Emma Bercovici, Christian Zagia, Katia Bokor, Sergej Onopko, Olivia Gillies, Dayna Clark, Jane May Graves

Release: 2016-08-25

Runtime: 88

Plot: A group of teens break into a blind man's home thinking they'll get away with the perfect crime. They're wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

eXarc

Trakanon Raider

8.5/10, I personally loved this movie.

You have to give it 20-30 minutes to get started which is pretty typical of the horror/thriller genre. It's not dreadfully boring as a lot of other in the same category though, which is nice. The entire film actually has a pretty different way of going about the characters and story, and the actual plot itself is something I've never seen before. I didn't mind a lot of the 'filler' because of this.

Once it kicks in, it's really fucking awesome. It's incredibly brutal and 'oh shit' a lot of the times and is really worth the money if you're into these types of films. It strays away from the paranormal and does reality based horror correctly.

I didn't have a lot of problems with the movie, but man the amount of twists and turns at the end of the movie can feel like they go on and on until it gets absolutely fucking ridiculous. At the same time though, as someone who intuitively understands movies pretty well, I don't get hoodwinked a lot on basic plots and endings but this movie actually gave me a run for my money. By the end I had fallen victim to quite a few twists. Was pretty cool.

Go see this in theaters if you possibly can, the experience is greaaaatly enhanced by the big screen and sound for sure.

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I disagree. I give it 6/10. All but 1 "twist" were woefully predictable. The trailer looks exciting indeed but unfortunately it includes most of the cool moments of the movie.

sonicmaster

Molten Core Raider
Yes it does contain some cliche and predictable twists but still I thought it was a great horror movie. 8/10

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck kinda predictable is the basement / baster scene?

Yall are crazy tbh

iannis

Musty Nester
redletter guys really liked it. Horror movies aren't my bag, but it's supposedly a very good one.

I think probably the strongest critique of the movie was basically, (paraphrase) "It doesn't make a lot of sense, actually. But you don't think about that while you're watching it."

Which is a really strong + for a movie.

I kinda liked Primer though. That movie made sense until about halfway through, and then you had to go read fucking 3 page plot reviews on the internet to understand what the hell happened in the movie.

So like.. it's the opposite of Primer!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database