Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
bathroommontage.gif

bathroommontage.gif

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In case anyone missed it, ABC is showing new episodes two nights a week starting tonight. So normal Tuesday episode, and another new one Sundays at 10:30. Which is probably a bad thing, classic "burn off the episodes" treatment they do with shows they just want done and gone. Doing the same thing with Happy Endings. So their two best comedies. Yeah.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
To be fair, the show was pretty painful to watch anytime JVB wasn't on the screen. Hopefully he can get on another show quickly after this. He could even be playing himself again, that's fine.

spronk

FPS noob
In case anyone missed it, ABC is showing new episodes two nights a week starting tonight. So normal Tuesday episode, and another new one Sundays at 10:30. Which is probably a bad thing, classic "burn off the episodes" treatment they do with shows they just want done and gone. Doing the same thing with Happy Endings. So their two best comedies. Yeah.
its not necessarily bad news for these shows, they are doing this to replace 666 park avenue which they have cancelled and yanked the remaining episodes from airing. So it could be seen as good if they are airing this instead of some other random new series to fill in a gap, dunno?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair, the show was pretty painful to watch anytime JVB wasn't on the screen. Hopefully he can get on another show quickly after this. He could even be playing himself again, that's fine.
Show is fine without him. It's notgoodwithout him, but it's inoffensive enough that I wouldn't call it painful to watch. It just that when he is there it's awesome.

Tell you what I'm liking so far, JVB's new friendship with Eric Andre's character. The two of them have been great together.

adamwarlock

Trakanon Raider
I like this show a lot but ABC does seem to treat in shabbily, they are not even airing the episodes in continuity order. Some have June in her new job and the next she is back at the coffee shop.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like this show a lot but ABC does seem to treat in shabbily, they are not even airing the episodes in continuity order. Some have June in her new job and the next she is back at the coffee shop.
Which has bugged the shit out of me to no end. This last Happy Endings episode was out of order too.

Latest episode where she thought Chloey killed her friend was great. Especially the way Chloey was just casually stealing shit the entire episode and it was never mentioned once. And JVB abandoning the little girl to the bullies on the subway...and the look he gave her after. Jesus, episode was just packed with greatness.

The blonde friend was played by the neighbor chick from Wilfred BTW. In case it was bugging anyone else.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
They held over a few episodes from last season to make this season longer without having to do a full season order, which is smart considering the show hadn't proved itself in the ratings. But yeah, for some reason they just decided to mix those episodes in with the new ones. The first season was originally supposed to end with the episode where they go to the Hamptons, which is after the "Dancing with the Stars" stuff and right before June gets her new job. It's not a show that that has much of a continuing narrative, but it does have enough of one between the two seasons that just randomly throwing them together is jarring and confusing.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking cancelled.
Guh.

Their lease is up. ABC has pulled "Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23" off its schedule, according to reports.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the network pulled the low-rated series from its Tuesday night comedy block, effective immediately.

The Krysten Ritter-starring sitcom was already preempted tonight for the two-hour debut of Anthony Bourdain's new cooking show, "The Taste." Starting next week, back-to-back episodes of "Happy Endings" will air in place of "Apt. 23" until "Dancing with the Stars" returns on Tuesdays in March, THR reports.

Co-star James Van Der Beek told fans of the show's fate via Twitter:

Sad to say ABC has pulled #Apt23 and will not be airing the 8 remaining episodes any time soon. Translation: we've basically been cancelled.
-- James Van Der Beek (@vanderjames) January 22, 2013

You've got to give ABC props for ever picking us up in the first place. They took a shot at something original & edgy. I respect them for it
-- James Van Der Beek (@vanderjames) January 22, 2013

There are still eight episodes of "Apt. 23" that have yet to air, Entertainment Weekly reports, and the network hasn't decided when, or if, they will be broadcast. According to EW, those episodes could end up on the air at some point, possibly in the summer.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Of course we still have to endure all the shitty Idol ripoffs, but god forbid we get to keep something that is actually funny.

I'd watch a show of just JVB playing himself, but only if they keep Luther. Luther as his wing man was fucking hysterical.

spronk

FPS noob
saw a louis ck interview yesterday and he said it perfectly - shows like his (or B in 23) don't belong on network TV, they just won't attract enough of an audience or shock too many people to stay on the air. This show would have been perfect on cable or premium, smaller budgets and less worry about numbers and no endless meddling by execs.

What really suprises me is how 2 Broke Girls is staying on the air and actually popular. I watch it and find it funny, but man it is pretty down in the gutter with the humor.