DOOM

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No I agree I was a bit more mystified at the QB comment. I hope it's solid but who knows. Also I would kill for a
Ohama Beach RTCW action again. Panzerfausting the Allies spawn in the bunker was hilarious.
Oh, I'll rent QB and still play it. I have to get at least some use out of the X1 besides Rise of the Tomb Raider. The thing that concerned me was every revew, whether good or bad, said the controls sucked, and 10 hours of game play was chewed up with 1 hour of live action. It will be fresh at least. I love Remedy, but I think they got majorly hamstrung on what they wanted to do and what they were dealt with with X1 hardware. I don't like how they said there would be multiple branch off story lines based on decisions and that seems to be a bust too, which is why I decided not to buy it since the replay value would be slim to none.

People were polarized on Alan Wake too, but I loved Alan Wake. So we'll see.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish they would remake RTCW multiplayer. Nothing but reboots except for what I fucking want.
I miss playing on the Ice map so much. RTCW MP is one of the few online FPS that holds my attention. Playing on the Happy Penguin server and the 64 player server was so much fun!

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hitting the 3+ man panzer with that whirring sound before the rocket is launched, better then sex.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People were polarized on Alan Wake too, but I loved Alan Wake. So we'll see.
Hell ya just wait and see. Sukik and I account share and he picked it up. I'm excited.

I miss playing on the Ice map so much. RTCW MP is one of the few online FPS that holds my attention. Playing on the Happy Penguin server and the 64 player server was so much fun!
Yeah I played on the HP server a ton. It was great.

spronk

FPS noob
Ugh..hate that shit but I guess xp and levels are the $$ maker now.
yeah the number of items you get per match is just ridiculous, it seems kinda stupid. this is me after just one match, its like 2 pages of items and 99% of them are stupid crap - air guitar dance taunt? People keep saying compare this more to Halo than call of duty, but the quick TTKs and the fact that its really loadout based instead of map pickup based for weapons (although you can pickup some ultra weps like BFG or quad-damage multiplier) makes the game feel way, way more like COD. No ADS or prone-ing or wall running really, although double jumping is pretty decent but not as fast as quake/UT

also the map maker stuff is supposed to be a huge core part of the game, like you can take other peoples maps, mod them, publish them, and both the original author and you are credited. so dunno how huge that will factor into the game.

BcIAngM.jpg

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, you get a lot of shit from leveling, but now at max level it's just a couple of Hacks a game, I wish they dropped more tbh. I don't mind leveling up and unlocking appearance mods, I think that is fun enough.

I'm not happy with the loadout system they've got--I'd much prefer weapon pickups statically placed on the map. It's fine, though. I guess it's nice that you can always run around with the weapon you want.

The Hacks are really cool, I thought. Most of them are powerful in subtle ways but they can be really useful. I love being able to see the supply timers and being able to prefire an opponent around corners because I can wallhack him with the Retribution mod. Hope to see more of them in release!

Anyways, the game is pretty fun for sure. Definitely a buy for me based on my experience so far. The biggest negative I can think of is that you can't bunnyhop in the game. The game cries out for it. It's not a slow game, but it cries out for that kind of speed boosting ability, especially when everyone has a rocket launcher or shotgun.

And, yes, the Quake 2 soundtrack is perfect for pumping out the frags!
smile.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really can't wait to get my hands on the map maker, but I'm surprisingly not as hype for this game as I thought I would be. I mean, I'm going to play it because DOOM but.. eh.
Honestly more excited for modding than I am the multiplayer lol

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How comprehensive will map maker be? I'm assuming you won't had old school server settings to fiddle with and there isn't a robust 'modding' tool set? Guess I'm just wondering if people will map make / mod in old school Doom and Quake nostalgia.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well, they took the easily accessible route, which isn't necessarily a bad thing imo but I'm not sure how intricate it's going to be. There are the obvious triggers and detailing but it seems like as much as that exists - they are still only presets within the game. I'm not sure how it works obviously but it feels like I'm not going to be able to make a room exactly how I want it.

It's also their goal to have it be able to be modded on console and that worries me that it's going to hold us back. It's certainly a good building tool but modding in general, who knows.

The only thing we have so far is this:

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm looking forward to all the salt from everyone here who used to rock [DooM] back in '95 getting smoked. I'll be one of you and I'm super stoked...but age and reflexes catch up.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm looking forward to all the salt from everyone here who used to rock [DooM] back in '95 getting smoked. I'll be one of you and I'm super stoked...but age and reflexes catch up.
i played on both pc and console this weekend, if doom was gonna support VR then it'd be an easy pc buy but there is no VR support at launch. i do way, way better on console than PC - college kids sitting 15 feet back listening to their gf talk is a lot easier to fight against 14 year old pc nerds who are using liquid cooled mice 144 fps gSync monitors. I had positive KDR pretty much every game on console just hanging back at choke points and shotgunning people running by, whereas on PC I was always just getting destroyed

i still wish you could move faster in the game, thats the one thing that feels wrong, maybe there will be speed powerups or something in some of the maps