DOTA 2

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every time I try to watch competitive dota it takes 20 min for a draft to go through, then one team immediately pauses for like 5 more minutes, and then the other team d/c's... Repeat.

I get much more enjoyment out of watching Merlini at this point.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Watch VoDs in youtube then, I usually do other stuff until a game gets going for real.

Navi pioneering the double mek strat...

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Can anyone recommend a good write up on counter picking lane combos etc? Ive watched the purge videos but I realized last night this may be my greatest weakness. Im still not good on whos good against whom who I should want to play with who I can kill etc. Also realized watching the pro scene I still don't understand all The Draft etc

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well instead of thinking specific heroes, think specific abilities.

Does hero have a channeled ultimate? Pick a hero with a strong stun ult that can go through BKB (Beastmaster, Bane ect)

Is hero a str hero? Pick timbersaw

Is hero a int carry? Pick OD

I don't know, in LOL its more important to counter pick your lanes because laning phase is MUUUCH more important in that game than in this. In this game, its more important to pick your team first, and counter pick their TEAM second.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The power levels of various lane combinations vary and fluctuate so much with gained xp and gold that you will understand it only with experience, really. Even basic stuff like when is it safe to pull will take a while to get used to, just take it one step at a time.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Lol I was hoping for an all encompassing article or something to help me understand team comp etcs. Im starting to figure out a few things like melee carries grab a ghost scepter or grab a slow like viper. Or dont run 2 melee against a duel ranged but I get frustrated when im on a hero needing farm and I get shit on in lane bc either i didnt realize the hero im against is good against me (or hes better then me lol) and also watching pro games I do get confused at team comps at times

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every time I try to watch competitive dota it takes 20 min for a draft to go through, then one team immediately pauses for like 5 more minutes, and then the other team d/c's... Repeat.

I get much more enjoyment out of watching Merlini at this point.
I love the drafting in this game. Although I do agree, that it does take a bit too long. But nothing has taught me more about how teams are constructed then watching a draft commentated well. I'd like to see a new mode, turbo captain's draft where captains only have 15 second for each ban pick.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Problem is, normal games outside of competitive dota are NOTHING like the ones you watch where drafting is taken so seriously. Even if you draft just like the pro's, the chance of you having a laning phase anything remotely close to what they experience is near-zero.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just draft dark seer teams and work on team fighting.

ps naga is such an annoying hero. Ive been first banning her most of the time

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
PotM+Clock+Elder Titan is the greatest initiation I played with. You came 2 screens within us ? Too bad, you are dead
biggrin.png
Sing's advice of "shoot arrow, hit arrow" served me well.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Granted I've only been playing a couple of months so I don't really understand this level of play so much...but doesn't Navi have a much better lineup? Seems weird for Alliance.