DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Joindota rumors ... replacing one of the best guys in the game with a player who has history of raging at teammates, smart move.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Merlini is very skilled, was obvious he could still play if you watched him in the 1v1 thing during the Summit.

Latest roster rumor is that SingSing is out of Cloud9 and Fata is replacing him.
Would be pretty unfortunate if true, they're all great individual players and one would think they'll only get better as a team with more experience.

There's no easy money in Korea unless you are MVP Phoenix.
They are replacing their self-professed weakest player with someone who is arguably as good or better and more experienced than anyone else on the team (also known as a ringer...)

niss_sl

shitlord
Why does this game every once in a while ruin my fucking evening with massive packet loss and huge ping? It's such unexplainable shit; my connection is absolutely fine.

Elerion

N00b
It's funny, because to combat that you either need to keep items in your stash to easily swap them, or you need to R-click --> move item to stash. However, the latter involves quickly pressing a button right next to "sell item," so I can only imagine that trying to stash swap without items already in the stash will lead to even more mistakes! Maybe they should make stash swapping more streamlined?

Either way, it's probably something that will happen extremely rarely, and might never impact a "meaningful" game. Was still insane to watch, and it turned the tide of the game completely once Tinker was neutered.
Or you just don't drop your items. It's supposed to be a risky move, just like dropping your stat items before using flat regen items.

If you're afraid of snipes, just don't drop the items and wait a couple extra seconds for the regen instead.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Or you just don't drop your items. It's supposed to be a risky move, just like dropping your stat items before using flat regen items.

If you're afraid of snipes, just don't drop the items and wait a couple extra seconds for the regen instead.
Yeah it's part of the game, it's like when you disassemble boots at the secret shop for bloodstone and some guy just steals them, you don't have to do it that way, if you do it's your fault.

At least items don't fall off couriers anymore. That shit was epic, like ZMSJ getting his rapier sniped and still coming back by buying more rapiers.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If you regularly play with any kind of 5 stack (up to 7 players total) you really should try out team matchmaking. Its nice because it doesn't attempt to rate your team based on your overall individual MMRs - but it calibrates you as a group instead. You have a unique mmr to the team, and ultimately it gives on average better games with time because your team gets matched as a unit. As far as I know you can be on or create many teams - the only catch is is that any roster change puts you back into a (3 game) calibration phase. It works well in my opinion because when queuing as a 5 stack with individual MMR values you really need to pick to the spread in the team. The games become much harder if your core players aren't your strongest farmers in stacks with ~1k skill spreads if each individuals party rating is used. The problem is compounded if your lowest mmr players don't really enjoy support also.

With team MMR however, players can play their favorite rolls more easily - as the team MMR will calibrate to whatever roles and preferences of the players. I like support, but I also like games that have a reasonable opportunity to be won. Team MMR definitely creates a better situation in this case. Plus you get an icon, and people will be jealous and call you tryhard.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol, that was some nice micro
wink.png

Elerion

N00b
Half of all wodota clips are people doing armlet toggling while being extremely lucky and enemies failing hard at bursting. Just like that clip. He is lucky as shit his opponents kept beating him down to <50 HP instead of landing a single 400+ damage burst.

It's cool to look at, and he's certainly good, but the clip mostly rides on his opponents' errors.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
At one point in the video, when Morph and Timber arrive, his expression changes to "What the fuck is going here". It is priceless.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Back up to 3100+ mmr again after being as low as 2400 something (and as high as mid 3000 something.) I'm still chiefly Necrophosing my way to victory. Been playing about one year now. I think I've got a really good sense for offensive and defensive ward placement, which I believe helps me win a bit more than average. I actually get annoyed when someone else buys wards at my MMR (aside from the beginning.) Some people buy them and then don't use them or only ward the river.

The game is way more enjoyable at 3000 than at 2500. Noticeably less Peruvians and chat assholes, though they still of course exist. Played against an intentional feeder earlier this week which is rare. Couple weeks back a wisp on the other team was making his team abandon by sticking them in weird places and killing couriers on purpose (AND WE STILL LOST.)

4FQ7DKh.jpg

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
If you regularly play with any kind of 5 stack (up to 7 players total) you really should try out team matchmaking. Its nice because it doesn't attempt to rate your team based on your overall individual MMRs - but it calibrates you as a group instead. You have a unique mmr to the team, and ultimately it gives on average better games with time because your team gets matched as a unit. As far as I know you can be on or create many teams - the only catch is is that any roster change puts you back into a (3 game) calibration phase. It works well in my opinion because when queuing as a 5 stack with individual MMR values you really need to pick to the spread in the team. The games become much harder if your core players aren't your strongest farmers in stacks with ~1k skill spreads if each individuals party rating is used. The problem is compounded if your lowest mmr players don't really enjoy support also.

With team MMR however, players can play their favorite rolls more easily - as the team MMR will calibrate to whatever roles and preferences of the players. I like support, but I also like games that have a reasonable opportunity to be won. Team MMR definitely creates a better situation in this case. Plus you get an icon, and people will be jealous and call you tryhard.
You also get to play with a flag and base icons. The downside is it's not a functionality that's really encouraged all that much. I would like to see something like monthly tournaments where teams are able to compete for items, bragging rights, special effects, etc.

Have different tournaments for each skill bracket and each geographic region. Give better rewards for bigger tournaments at higher skill levels to help prevent smurfing. Maybe even require 50 matches before qualifying as a team, to ensure teams are in the right place MMR-wise. You could also implement some kind of system of promotion/relegation where the top several teams in one tournament "league season" get a chance to compete in the next league up the following season. Heck, give the top pub team of the year in each region an invite to the TI Qualifiers.

There are a lot of ideas that could work, and really the game presents the perfect platform for it. They just need to take a small break from hats and do it.