DOTA 2

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I wasn't sure where to ask but since it pertains to dota how does one edit the file you get when you download a twitch vod so you can watch it? Is there a specific player I need? Im really bad w things like this

In regards to dota ive stopped playing on us west bc it seemed like every game there where either peruvians or giant douches and ironically I get the same ping on eu west I did on usw but im finding better games for some reason

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So I was talking to my friends today and after the 5v5 inhouse last night we were wondering if there would be enough interest to put on a small in house tournament one weekend. We have about 3 teams worth of players already, but figured to make it interesting we'd need like 6-8 teams. Obviously the biggest problem we'd have is the differing mmrs amongst everyone, but I assume with a little work teams could be created to remain somewhat competitive. Idk, it was just an idea we were kind of throwing around.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I wasn't sure where to ask but since it pertains to dota how does one edit the file you get when you download a twitch vod so you can watch it? Is there a specific player I need? Im really bad w things like this

In regards to dota ive stopped playing on us west bc it seemed like every game there where either peruvians or giant douches and ironically I get the same ping on eu west I did on usw but im finding better games for some reason
What format is that ? .flv ? VLAN should be all you need I think

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As long as I'm on Pelicans team I'm down
smile.png

So played four Lycan jungle games last night and won three out of the four. Watched a couple vids of him before jumping in and trying it out. Now I'm sure this is my incredibly crap MMR but it felt good to pretty much carry every game by myself. Rushed Morbid mask, maxed wolves and got rosh at ~ nine mins each game and from there it was just snowball with me having a 2-3 level lead for the rest of the game.

Build went Vlad's/treads --- Necrobook --- Assault cuirass as core. Two of the games we won before I could finish anything else, the third I also had a BKB and Desolater. Does that core sound good for trying to solo carry games via splitpush and picking off enemy heroes? Any other item rec's or maybe situational like the BKB for cc heavy teams? I'm sure this cheesy early Rosh plus doing my own thing strat won't work for long, but its a lot of damn fun.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So played four Lycan jungle games last night and won three out of the four. Watched a couple vids of him before jumping in and trying it out. Now I'm sure this is my incredibly crap MMR but it felt good to pretty much carry every game by myself. Rushed Morbid mask, maxed wolves and got rosh at ~ nine mins each game and from there it was just snowball with me having a 2-3 level lead for the rest of the game.

Build went Vlad's/treads --- Necrobook --- Assault cuirass as core. Two of the games we won before I could finish anything else, the third I also had a BKB and Desolater. Does that core sound good for trying to solo carry games via splitpush and picking off enemy heroes? Any other item rec's or maybe situational like the BKB for cc heavy teams? I'm sure this cheesy early Rosh plus doing my own thing strat won't work for long, but its a lot of damn fun.
Nah, you are pretty much good to go. Check out Ursa, he eats people instead of towers.

BKB is pretty crucial item, sometimes you die once or twice because you fight before finishing it and that throws off your whole build, but if you get it too early, you run it down to 4s really fast and then it's not nearly as useful, so getting as second or third idea is better. If they have stuff that ignores bkb, you can skip it and buy heart, the extra health should keep you alive before you run away.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hah, yea. That's the type of people that would cause the problems :p Idk how many 4500+ players we actually have on here.
The games last night with our "normal" teams were actually really well balanced surprisingly. But yah, Pelican and his crew would stomp i'm sure.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

Early rosh isn't cheesy, it's basically a staple to good lycan play. The trick is as you go higher in mmr to account for the fact that people will anticipate your rosh attempts by warding with sentries so you can't just smoke in untracked. You then need to wait for a distraction or a deward (the deward can tip it off as well) to then go rosh.

As far as builds, you'll get plenty far with lycan just focusing on the build you are mentioning as you can push towers extremely quickly on your own and then ulti to run away from basically anybody when the other team shows up. Again as you get up in mmr and more used to the hero you'll find times where you are the main or only carry and you can't just push solo as the other team will just push as much or more while your team sits helpless. In those instances you'll skip the necrobook and go straight for desolator and then basher with a bkb and when you ulti you just run around owning bitches.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The games last night with our "normal" teams were actually really well balanced surprisingly. But yah, Pelican and his crew would stomp i'm sure.
Well that's why we have him lead the retard brigade to glory of which I'm firmly in that camp
smile.png

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I ended up getting off and not watching but they told me it went 1-1. That group you guys played was a mix between our good players and not so good players. Good to know it ended up being balanced though.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I ended up getting off and not watching but they told me it went 1-1. That group you guys played was a mix between our good players and not so good players. Good to know it ended up being balanced though.
Luxer helped them quite a bit too I think. They were both good games though.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
So played four Lycan jungle games last night and won three out of the four.
Lycan is currently considered one of the strongest heroes this patch. He pushes very fast, with your understanding of league I have no doubt you can keep up a really high winrate. He has to be shut down constantly and one lost teamfight can cost multiple towers or rax, not to mention being able to smash rosh. When you play ranked draft modes - lycan is probably a first 4 ban in every game right now. Invisible wolves are insane late game scouts - and without a lot of lockdown he's near impossible to gank with his ult. But welcome to dota. Its a great game.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
matchid 822693289. Good game high skill.

tldw: I get an ultrakill 6 minutes into the game which leads to other team rqing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Early rosh isn't cheesy, it's basically a staple to good lycan play. The trick is as you go higher in mmr to account for the fact that people will anticipate your rosh attempts by warding with sentries so you can't just smoke in untracked. You then need to wait for a distraction or a deward (the deward can tip it off as well) to then go rosh.
Sentries don't detect smokes anymore, haven't for several months. If you smoke into the pit you'll be undetected unless your wolves are next to you not smoked or the obs is directly inside the pit. It's relatively safe however timing to check is pretty easy to guess if you kinda keep track of lycan's situation in the jungle, might see him going back to base too with a jungle ward so you know he's going rosh next and can ambush him there. The lower you go the less likely any of this happens though, so you get a free rosh most of the time. Jungle lycan also works poorly at higher level after all the nerfs since it's fairly easy to fuck with him a lot, back in the days you could fuck with him and he'd still get shit done but now, not quite as much, you can leech his xp, his wolves suck at tanking stronger mobs, he can't pull a hard camp for an easy level etc. If you don't counter though it's still pretty alright and transition into beast mode.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord

As far as builds, you'll get plenty far with lycan just focusing on the build you are mentioning as you can push towers extremely quickly on your own and then ulti to run away from basically anybody when the other team shows up. Again as you get up in mmr and more used to the hero you'll find times where you are the main or only carry and you can't just push solo as the other team will just push as much or more while your team sits helpless. In those instances you'll skip the necrobook and go straight for desolator and then basher with a bkb and when you ulti you just run around owning bitches.
Sentries don't reveal smoke any longer. But you're right, Lycan is amazing when something else is going on to keep the other team distracted. I can't count how many times I've thought my team won a team fight just to pan over and see Lycan taking two towers or Roshan. He's stupid fast at split pushing and can really punish pubs that tunnel vision while they're fighting (most everyone).

The key on Lycan is to make sure that the rest of your team can hold their own. If you don't have space to do your thing, it can be real difficult to get anything done even with a great escape in your ult form. That means recognizing when you should join a team fight and when you should keep split pushing. Especially early game, when your wolves can practically solo a support on their own, you can really turn the tide on a battle, which can then transition into an easy tower on the back side.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
Sentries don't detect smokes anymore, haven't for several months. If you smoke into the pit you'll be undetected unless your wolves are next to you not smoked or the obs is directly inside the pit. It's relatively safe however timing to check is pretty easy to guess if you kinda keep track of lycan's situation in the jungle, might see him going back to base too with a jungle ward so you know he's going rosh next and can ambush him there. The lower you go the less likely any of this happens though, so you get a free rosh most of the time. Jungle lycan also works poorly at higher level after all the nerfs since it's fairly easy to fuck with him a lot, back in the days you could fuck with him and he'd still get shit done but now, not quite as much, you can leech his xp, his wolves suck at tanking stronger mobs, he can't pull a hard camp for an easy level etc. If you don't counter though it's still pretty alright and transition into beast mode.
You aren't able to put a ward inside the pit. You can put a remote mine, though =D.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You aren't able to put a ward inside the pit. You can put a remote mine, though =D.
Uh, guess that was changed too since I'm fairly sure I used to put wards in there back when lycan was popular before the nerfs then the buffs, maybe was just sentries from back when sentries gave vision though. You can leave your courier parked hovering there at 9-10mins but someone's probably gonna be angry at that. Really you kinda just go camp it as a support, you can control bot rune and stack ancients if dire or hard camps if radiant while you do it, can go gank mid too if that looks viable to do quickly.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
Uh, guess that was changed too since I'm fairly sure I used to put wards in there back when lycan was popular before the nerfs then the buffs, maybe was just sentries from back when sentries gave vision though. You can leave your courier parked hovering there at 9-10mins but someone's probably gonna be angry at that. Really you kinda just go camp it as a support, you can control bot rune and stack ancients if dire or hard camps if radiant while you do it, can go gank mid too if that looks viable to do quickly.
I can't remember ever being able to ward the pit with either type of ward, I might be wrong though. There's also vision blockers that prevent wards from seeing into the pit from the outside, as well as the area right around the entrance near the secret shop cliff.

For some reason I remember Roshan just killing the wards in WC3. Invalid placement might have been too hard to code.