DOTA 2

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
In regards to venge, shes an amazing support. I love going first item medallion if I have a bunch of melee carries bc that combined with howl is almost like giving the carry a deso. Swaps great late game but I stopped trying to initiate w it bc it seemed like id just die and my team wouldn't react quick enough on it.

Can anyone recommend a couple good roaming support heroes? i've been playing a lot of earthshaker and venge and its amazing how much of an impact you can have at my level. Supportings actually fun again now that im trying to create kills instead of babysitting which gets frustrating because if your carry doesnt farm well you feel like you havent done anything.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
The only time I use vengefuls ultimate is if I am 98% sure it will not result in my death. Also I am looking for people to play dota 2 with to have some fun. I've only got about 80 games, (55 wins/25 losses) played but I'm pretty decent since I played league for a long time so I'm not a moba noob but I still have a lot to learn. Steam name is Mortisman.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
The only time I use vengefuls ultimate is if I am 98% sure it will not result in my death. Also I am looking for people to play dota 2 with to have some fun. I've only got about 80 games, (55 wins/25 losses) played but I'm pretty decent since I played league for a long time so I'm not a moba noob but I still have a lot to learn. Steam name is Mortisman.
Join rr.org channel

niss_sl

shitlord
You should use your ult 100% of the time if you can guarantee a kill on a key initiator/carry even if you die. That's your purpose in the game; dying as support is expected.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Or to bail out your carry from nasty ultimates flying their way. I wonder why all the pros build force staff on her, if you shift queue swap and blink, its really hard for them to catch you and its the best initiation in the game.

Zastlyn

Peasant
Does anyone have some good Venomancer tips, under the 10 or 15 minute mark I feel godlike with gale, but after around 30 minutes or so I feel kind of useless
frown.png

psu199_sl

shitlord
Veno, like most supports, drops off for sure in the late game, but he still has plenty of utility.

His ult will do a ton of damage at level 2 and 3, so if you can get a force or blink and get your ult on 2+ enemies, that's a ton of damage in a team fights. Couple that with gale and your regular auto attack dot damage, you can actually contribute more damage than you realize, even if it doesn't feel like you get a lot of kills.

Also, don't stop using wards even if they feel like they don't do enough damage, wards can very strategically useful even late game. You can use them for vision around pushes and defending - (drop them over a treeline or on a high ground when you're pushing to avoid getting flanked). Also, drop them in the back of a fight and micro them to attack blinking initiators (enig, tide, es, etc...). Nothing funnier than poking someone with a big ult and putting blink on disable that leads them to blowing it away from the fight.

Zastlyn

Peasant
Also, don't stop using wards even if they feel like they don't do enough damage, wards can very strategically useful even late game. You can use them for vision around pushes and defending - (drop them over a treeline or on a high ground when you're pushing to avoid getting flanked). Also, drop them in the back of a fight and micro them to attack blinking initiators (enig, tide, es, etc...). Nothing funnier than poking someone with a big ult and putting blink on disable that leads them to blowing it away from the fight.
That's what I've been trying to do but sometimes i feel like I'm just feeding the enemy team gold. It's 18 gold I think per ward?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If they value 18 gold that much, you can use them as a retard magnet

Sing with Jakiro mid vs Alliance, this patch is getting weird.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
The second Na'vi vs Alliance game from Dota 2 champions League is a pretty fun watch, about 70 minute or so game. You can find the VOD on JoinDota's youtube channel.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there credible 6.82 balance patch notes yet? The ones I have found on reddit/google all seem to be fake or unconfirmed.

psu199_sl

shitlord
Nothing I've seen. It's sounding more and more like the next patch will be Techies & a few Compendium items, and 6.82 won't be for another month or two.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Leaked patchnotes for dota are very rare, so anything you see that's not on playdota/dota2.com is probably fake

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Started playing again after having not really played for about 8 months. Still a total noob at about 80-some matches. I've been playing co-op against bots a lot to get back into the swing of things and to try out some different heroes but, for me, BS is the man.

Maybe it is my play style, or that I am playing shit tier, or that I have played him a lot, but it seems so easy to beat ass once he hits 6.

I've also played some Death Prophet and Tusk <with a buddy for trollol> (although I have not gotten used to the 6.81 snowball change which I just noticed last night).

Just transitioned back to real matches. If you need a filler, please feel free to look me up. I'm in the channel.