DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I guess, but it still seems a bit clowny, pick a sniper if you want to.

ESL One China qualifiers finals VG vs Newbee, worthy of a TI final, watch G2 if you want just one, but all of them are worth it. Spoilered the rest

3-0

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does ESL know what their target audience is?
Tickets

For the price of their standard ticket I could pay for travel and tickets to a Bills game.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I actually contemplated trying to convince friends to make the trip from LA to NY for that lan but after seeing those prices I knew it was a no go.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually contemplated trying to convince friends to make the trip from LA to NY for that lan but after seeing those prices I knew it was a no go.
Yeah I just finished moving back to NY, was like oh hey maybe I'll check out this tour... NOPE.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wouldn't the ticket be the least expensive part of the trip by far? I mean plane, hotel, meals....

Dandain

Trakanon Raider

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Id pay 60$ if that was a two day pass, its about an hour drive from me, and 60$ aint all that bad, idk what other esport events cost.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, this is the venue

The Theater at Madison Square Garden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ESL One New York

It doesn't surprise me the prices though, there is no almost no live esports events on the east coast these days - and the demand is not low. There is at least 5000 rich kids or dota zealots who will pay those prices. Cheaper than traveling to TI if you live near.
Uh, Red Bull Battlegrounds in DC for SC2 just sold out and tickets for the two day pass were between 25.00 - 35.00 depending on location.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Look, I didn't say the prices aren't stupid. I'm merely saying that 5000 people will pay at those prices.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why hasn't the Vanguard been changed to have a activate-able physical damage block for surrounding allies, in the same manner Pipe of Insight does for spell damage?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Uh, Red Bull Battlegrounds in DC for SC2 just sold out and tickets for the two day pass were between 25.00 - 35.00 depending on location.
Last time I checked, Dota 2 is a tad bit more popular
wink.png

Also, don't you get a dota 2 ticket along with the real seat ? That could justify a bit of the price.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Why hasn't the Vanguard been changed to have a activate-able physical damage block for surrounding allies, in the same manner Pipe of Insight does for spell damage?
I'd like to know this as well, Vanguard just seems so subpar in almost every case. Would rather just save for a heart if I need a vanguard.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last time I checked, Dota 2 is a tad bit more popular
wink.png

Also, don't you get a dota 2 ticket along with the real seat ? That could justify a bit of the price.
It doesn't justify the price at all really. The shit's overpriced.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Vanguard costs 2.2k Pipe costs what like 3.6k? Seems unlikely they would do this w/o another tier to the item.

If the opposing team are mostly right-clickers, Vanguard is pretty nice if you can get it early on a tanky hero. For Bristle, Doom and a few others it makes them nigh unkillable if you can get it ~6-8 minutes.