DOTA 2

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dota 2 - The International Compendium 2015

Bit underwhelming, but I suppose they don't want to spend rest of the year doing stretch goals. 25 Immortals though, holy cow.
I don't like the compendium this year, primarily the whole coin system (as exists). At least with last year, if you got your compendium to a certain level, you knew you were guaranteed a drop every X games. Now the only way to get coins is do "daily quests", convert a charm (which only works in AP, which means anyone who likes playing other game modes can't use them), and random shit token drops like 25 coins.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
IG won the Summit 3 vote.

NQlxJVn.jpg

OdE4Mdr.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
When you realize the chick is Ferrari...

Among other news, Ursa is the new Sniper/troll for pubs, his ulti is bonkers. Alchemist is still trash tier and Zeus/Kotl combo is pretty brutal.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I witnessed vietnamese 4stack vs chinese 5stack. Had to double check my server settings, no, still EUW.

Sand King is pretty fun now, Death Prophet is making a comeback a little bit and I need to brush up on my Enchantress micro. This patch is a joy to play as a support.

Just saw first golden Luna shield o_O

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I witnessed vietnamese 4stack vs chinese 5stack. Had to double check my server settings, no, still EUW.

Sand King is pretty fun now, Death Prophet is making a comeback a little bit and I need to brush up on my Enchantress micro. This patch is a joy to play as a support.

Just saw first golden Luna shield o_O
I got that gold shield yesterday, and a regular one. Unfortunately I never play Luna. Guess I'll have to trade it for some support item I want when it becomes tradeable.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Nice! I got the Pugna ward and SB Helm. Was hoping for that gold shield though, it looked sweet.

niss_sl

shitlord
There's too many changes to this patch. It seems silly especially since it's so close to TI. And that item that allows you to go invis while channeling spells is ridiculous. It's not even expensive. CM, warlock and WD just got overpowered as fuck.

And is there no way of leveling up the compendium (by playing the game) other than giving them money? I enjoyed the daily challenges and stuff you could do last year but this year they just give you coins to buy items.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Got the NS bundle and Pugna out of the initial treasure, too bad can't trade anything for months, would probably be worth something now, but nothing by then.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think you can gift them though if you want to trade with someone you trust. I'd like the NS set if you're up for trading for anything.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There's too many changes to this patch. It seems silly especially since it's so close to TI. And that item that allows you to go invis while channeling spells is ridiculous. It's not even expensive. CM, warlock and WD just got overpowered as fuck.

And is there no way of leveling up the compendium (by playing the game) other than giving them money? I enjoyed the daily challenges and stuff you could do last year but this year they just give you coins to buy items.
There are random point drops and that's about it. I really like the immortals, but looking at the market, most of the old ones are 1-2$ now, so I'm having hard time justifying the money. The quests/challenges give you gold, but you can only spend that on random items/sets ala year beast event.

Maybe they will add something more, but so far it seems like the crowdfunding was designed to suck you dry pretty much. I was thinking how greedy Path of Exile supporter packs were, offering bunch of cosmetic stuff for hundreds of dollars, but this is exactly the same, you just never spend it at once ...

Glimmer cape just got nerfed, it has 130 mana cost now, that didn't take long
biggrin.png

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Jugg and troll still not nerfed. Minor nerf to sniper as well. What a fail patch
Fail patch?

I think it's a great patch. You aren't cornered anymore by some spells or abilities. I think it's a great way to balance the game to balance it through itemization rather than the usual nerf/buffs to heroes.

Glimmer cape is amazing that's all. Octarine is cool but you have no idea how good cape is, 66% MR and invis is amazing, solar crest is also awesome.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This patch is crazier than I thought after reading the patch notes, what Icefrog did is give all supports itemization to combat all but 6slotted carries, especially in teamfights. 6.83 had the grand trifecta of Force staff/Eul/Ghost if you had a carry on your back. Glimmer Cape and the crest are even better, because they can be used on anybody on your team and give very generous damage mitigation. The upgraded shadowblade is nice, but it seems a little bit underwhelming in pro matches and the new carry items will probably show their power a bit later in the patch.

I think right now carries that scale not only with farm but also with levels are heavily favored - creeps give less gold, so if your lane is shit at lvl 1, you can just level up and whoop their asses to catch up easily. PA/Weaver/Tiny/LD/SF seem to be heavily favored. Alch is still terrible, you give away too much to get decent gold. Maybe he could work in specific lineups, but so far if you see anybody on your team picking him, try to convince them otherwise.

groovy_and_sl

shitlord
I keep hearing about how great it is to support this patch but every time I support it feels like I have to spend 1/2 of all my gold on sentries and dust to keep up with all the new invis crap