DOTA 2

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So if anyone else is a noob at this and is a bit intimidated by all the talk about everyone giving you shit for being new, the tutorial allows you to play 10 "beginner only" matches, with a limited hero set.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
After party was amazing, I took this during deadmau5.

rrr_img_106112.jpg

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I knew this was going to be the best year ever to go to TI. So bummed that ship has sailed.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Completely regret it too. My friend and his brother went and said it was amazing. He was constantly sending pictures with players and personalities throughout the week. He ended up going hang out with most of complexity for a bit. Quite jealous about that considering I'd love to meet Moon based on his inspirational speeches.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So apparently if you want to play in the fall major, you need to finalize your roster by the end of august. Expect some juicy drama soon.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
So apparently if you want to play in the fall major, you need to finalize your roster by the end of august. Expect some juicy drama soon.
CALLIN IT

EG: remains the same
Secret: RTZ and Zai leave, Zai taking 1 yr break.
c9: RTZ joins, FATA/Misery leave
VP: remains same
Navi: Artstyle/Xboct leave, Kuroky/Puppey join
Alliance: Get S4, loda finally realizes he looks like shit and buzz's his head so he doesn't have to wear flat brim hats anymore.
China: who the fuck cares, mediocre bitches.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
well s4 just deleted everything about Team Secret from his twitter, Zai said he's taking a year off from school and RTZ only went to Secret because that's where him and Zai could play together. Secret looking dead as of right now.

http://www.thescoreesports.com/news/3191_sl said:
It's about being able to synergize with your team and not put up with them, but to like get used to being around them. Is that something that happened with Secret?

Oh yeah, we have a problem like if we stay together too much, we start like getting angry at each other and like really mad, and the scrims stop getting productive and they just start being like s**tshows. Just generally after Starladder, we just stopped - we don't spend that much time with each other, we spend enough time that's necessary.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The wife and I planned on going after geeking out on TI4 last fall. Then she got pregnant, and so the plan got scrapped. She really fucked up my summer / fall, had EDC / Burning Man / TI5 planned, instead it has been baby shit. My son is never going to live down crashing my last epic summer before he was even born . . . Lol

Steam Community :: [PRX] Angkar

I try to get in a few games on the weekend, the weeks are usually crammed, but sometimes a week day game happens.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
TI was amazing, the games were overall really high quality. I am pretty sure game 3 of the grand finals was the greatest game of dota ever played from a skill level standpoint from all 10 players. I wish you could replicate the roar inside the arena easily to share it.
rrr_img_106129.jpg

The empty sections sit at poor viewing angles in the photo.

Anyone wanting who starts dota, can add me for help/questions whatever. I'm Rethan# with a battlemech as my profile picture on steam.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had a successful 4th game (finally). Did Lich and for some reason no carries would go to bottom lane with me. So I ended up just dominating the shit out of the guy in my lane (luckily he was solo too). I think I was like level 7 to his 4, and from there he stood no chance.

I also had a good amount of denies I thought. My only problem is preventing my lane from pushing too much. I haven't figured out a good way to prevent that quickly (outside of blocking at the beginning, which I'm not good at). I can't kill my own creeps fast enough to do any good.

rrr_img_106147.jpg

I did shit with a melee hero in one of my games. I'm not sure really how to go about playing one well. Ranged though I seem to be able to survive ok.

Edit: Looking at the pic I posted, it appears it was basically a 5 on 4. Well fuck, no wonder we kicked so much ass. Oh well, it was good practice.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Had a successful 4th game (finally). Did Lich and for some reason no carries would go to bottom lane with me. So I ended up just dominating the shit out of the guy in my lane (luckily he was solo too). I think I was like level 7 to his 4, and from there he stood no chance.

I also had a good amount of denies I thought. My only problem is preventing my lane from pushing too much. I haven't figured out a good way to prevent that quickly (outside of blocking at the beginning, which I'm not good at). I can't kill my own creeps fast enough to do any good.

rrr_img_106147.jpg

I did shit with a melee hero in one of my games. I'm not sure really how to go about playing one well. Ranged though I seem to be able to survive ok.

Edit: Looking at the pic I posted, it appears it was basically a 5 on 4. Well fuck, no wonder we kicked so much ass. Oh well, it was good practice.
Lane control is rather tricky, if you stay on top of denying and start hitting your creeps once they drop into deny range, you will get it pushed back, but it should never come at the expense of your own last hits and managing both is very hard. Of course, if you are autoattacking you lose all control over the lane momentum. The other option is for you or your lane partner to pull the camp close to bottom radiant t1 at x:12/X:42, dire can do the same in their top lane.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Controlling your lane as Lich should be no issue at all since you can deny a full hp creep every wave. Just eat the ranged if you want to push the least possible and melee if you need more mana/want only to push less but not as much as ranged(ranged creep does more damage and generally dies last). You don't want to always make stuff go into your tower cause it's more annoying to last hit(though you should probably learn how to last hit under the tower as lich as it's good training and is useful) but also because it means the next wave will be "reset" since all the enemy wave will die to the tower, plus you/the tower take unnecessary damage. You want to control it so it's right outside. If all your creeps are dead, it's sometimes worth it standing in aggro range of the creeps but out of tower range to hold them there until your next wave.

But really lane control is a fairly complex system, it takes a long long time to see how to control it effectively, there's many ways to influence it that are too subtle or too reliant on personnal judgement to explain. It's something you'll get better at as you go.

Lich is a good learning hero, has a low reliance on items and strong base spells, he helps with controlling the lane and his ultimate against bad team(aka every single team at low tiers when you start) can easily win a teamfight on its own since it does completely stupid damage if people don't spread out properly. Definitely one of the most recommended starting hero. You can learn melee heroes later, though a few can do fine even if you're not that good just yet, like say Spirit Breaker since he has crazy base health and damage, Bristleback because he's super tanky and some others. I'd look into str heroes over agi heroes when learning for melees.

That said in general most melees have a reliance on items, which require farming well to see their true potential, so you're mostly not gonna do much until you get to late enough that you get gold from teamfights or whatever if you don't farm well, which is kinda meh. Learning with spell based heroes is a lot more fun, plus since they generally all have shit attack damage and animations, it's good training to learn to last hit on them. Once you know how to last hit with say Lina, Crystal Maiden or Lion, you can pick most of the other heroes and last hit easily cause most of them have better stats.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
He also teaches a pretty important resource management skill since his ult costs mana to trigger. Can't over use your stun which I see people in low MMR do all the time and then rage in all / group chat. Otherwise he's a one button hero that lets you focus on mechanics.