DOTA 2

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
EG have now secured at least top 6 after finishing dead last at Manila, although they are up against EHOME next, and that is going to be much more difficult than Newbee.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got EG losing to EHOME, but making another run through lower brackets, losing to OG in the finals. OG kind of fucked that up for me though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
ya meta is on point - i'm almost nervous about future patches at this point.
I'm fairly sure Icefrog is gonna screw with it in the next patch, especially since there's supposed to be a new hero and a few old ones seem kinda ready for some revamping, like Jakiro, Viper or Techies.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm all for Jakiro getting a buff. Fucking love Jakiro (thanks Intrinsic for making me play it).

But yeah, they should keep up with just these minor changes. Game is in a really good spot. Hopefully Pitlord doesn't screw it up.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
ya meta is on point - i'm almost nervous about future patches at this point.

There are definite issues with the current state, the number of one sided stomps between good teams is out of whack.

lol at kaci and her roster swap chart

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Think we're getting pitlord this year? Better not be no cringy deadmau after the finals lol.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There are definite issues with the current state, the number of one sided stomps between good teams is out of whack.

lol at kaci and her roster swap chart

Ya that's a pretty natural outcome of icefrog's trying to get more action into the early game and make sure boring ass 70 minute games with like 10 kills don't happen as often as a couple years ago. Could maybe push the balancing slightly though, I agree.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Think we're getting pitlord this year? Better not be no cringy deadmau after the finals lol.

Yeah, Reddit has been datamining the patches and Pitlord is definitely in. Will most likely show up in the Allstar Game.

Edit: The image of Fly and his dad going and assassinating all the other teams is honestly rather amusing to me.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That was the rumor but I don't think as many assets, animations, voice and item definitions were found before last year.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It annoy anyone else every time they say that OG is the only team to win 2 majors ever?

You're talking about 5 TI's, and the 3 majors that took place this year. So in a sample size of 8, saying they're the only team ever to do it doesn't really impress me. It only leaves 6 tournaments.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
It annoy anyone else every time they say that OG is the only team to win 2 majors ever?

You're talking about 5 TI's, and the 3 majors that took place this year. So in a sample size of 8, saying they're the only team ever to do it doesn't really impress me. It only leaves 6 tournaments.

Its a fairly dumb statistic. If you look at most of the previous TI winners they were pretty dominant in the year before winning. Heck, Alliance probably would have won 2-3 majors if they'd existed.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm, hard to pick who to root for. Team lead by an American, or team lead by Jewish Ninja.