DOTA 2

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
PBUH
maxresdefault.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
this game has too many fun characters; all i want to do is play this over all other games.

rip
I think the reason I keep coming back to it is that it's easy to just hop on for an hour and play a game. It's not like most games where there's a longer term commitment. I don't need to put in 40+ hours in quick succession to remember what I was doing.

It's just hop on, play a game, take a week off if I want, and repeat.

Apparently the LoL worlds is going on right now. I tried to watch a match yesterday, which is how I got started with Dota (watching TI5), but I just couldn't get into it. The game looks like a fucking mess compared to Dota.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
League will always have its memories tho

Like playing Hecarim and being a fgt

It is surely on the "never again" list

Dota2 tho, I luv to spectate and am long due for a dabblin'

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
LoL's meta is just so set in stone. Pro dota2 has its flavors and top picks, but just always feels more open, which makes watching it a lot less dull.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Curious what others think of the teams after we've seen them playing in MDL. Obviously still early days but...

• Secret seems like the weakest incarnation of the team, only really running MVP Phoenix strats?
  • EG, looks great, a lot more coordinated & cohesive than I would have expected
  • OG seems average, a bit like pre-Frankfurt where I wouldn't have picked them to win tournaments
The Chinese teams for the past year+ I can't keep track of at all anymore.

Singsing cracks me up, dude makes the dumbest builds work

Jakiro + Bots + 5 dragon lances because he's a dragon.

edit: 8 dragon lances.

Bamboe & 33 (Coon) remind me of Kuro`ky playing with Sing, heaviest games ever haha.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Curious what others think of the teams after we've seen them playing in MDL. Obviously still early days but...

• Secret seems like the weakest incarnation of the team, only really running MVP Phoenix strats?
  • EG, looks great, a lot more coordinated & cohesive than I would have expected
  • OG seems average, a bit like pre-Frankfurt where I wouldn't have picked them to win tournaments
The Chinese teams for the past year+ I can't keep track of at all anymore.

Bamboe & 33 (Coon) remind me of Kuro`ky playing with Sing, heaviest games ever haha.
Secret is playing good early game for once, which hasn't been the case for like a year, so I remain hopeful, however they didn't seem to perform very well and there are some obvious communication issues. Neither of the koreans looked all that great and PLD needs to step it up. EG is really surprising, I didn't expect them to transition so smoothly from losing PPD. OG wins with Ana and loses with Notail, he seems to be the most hit or miss player on the team. S4 is still a god, out of all the new teams, this one seems to have the most potential along with EG.

Odds are MDL winner gets invited to the major, so holidays for the players are over.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking hell

Go watch Sccc's invoker game vs EG in the WB finals if you haven't. He made them (rtz especially) look like bitches next to his 9k godliness. Crazy plays left and right at the end

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
i cant wait to see Sccc again that fucking invoker was ..unreal.

so far this eg og game is going well.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
EG on the board with a win at the first big LAN of the season (that SEA only one doesn't count). They played extremely well outside of Game 3 where I assume they must have all been drunk because that shit was embarrassingly bad.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
6.88e:

• Dragon Lance strength reduced from 14 to 13
  • Infused Raindrop cooldown increased from 4 to 6
  • Illusions attack damage reduction against buildings increased from 25% to 30%
  • Diffusal Blade cooldown increased from 2 to 4
  • Outworld Devourer base armor reduced by 1.5
  • Shadow Poison initial damage reduced from 50 to 26/34/42/50
  • Flamebreak cooldown increased from 14 to 17
  • Drow base damage reduced by 4
  • Torrent damage reduced from 120/180/240/300 to 75/150/225/300
  • Echo Stomp channel time increased from 1.2 to 1.3
  • Oracle base damage reduced by 6
  • Morphling intelligence gain reduced from 1.5 to 1.1
  • Starstorm Scepter cooldown increased from 8 to 9
  • Time Dilation now only freezes abilities that are on cooldown, rather than also affecting abilities cast afterwards
  • Time Dilation slow per frozen ability increased from 8% to 10%
  • Tempest Double gold and XP bounty increased from 140 to 160
  • Juggernaut base damage reduced by 2
  • Counter Helix damage reduced from 90/120/150/180 to 75/110/145/180
  • Repel cast point improved from 0.5 to 0.35
  • Repel duration reduced from 6/8/10/12 to 4/6/8/10
  • Relocate delay increased from 2.5/2.25/2 to 2.7/2.35/2
  • Inner Vitality bonus regeneration threshhold reduced from 40% to 35%
  • Stifling Dagger cast range reduced from 1200 to 825/950/1075/1200
  • Smokescreen slow reduced from 25% to 19/21/23/25%
  • Track manacost increased from 50 to 65
  • Mana Leak manacost increased from 75 to 150
  • Illuminate radius increased from 350 to 375
  • Blinding Light knockback distance increased from 400 to 525
  • Sand King movement speed reduced by 5
  • Timbersaw base strength reduced by 1
...wow, I thought the frog would just focus on 6.89, but instead we get nerfs for days.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Overthrow is an awesome Arcade/Custom Map btw. Tons of fun - totally controlled chaos. Check it out.

Needless

Toe Sucker
When do they plan to nerf reactive armor?

Dont do it, i've been having a blast bullying offlane as Sawthrowerguy because reactive armor gives me eternal life!

solo offlane as timbercuck vs 2 ranged? idgaf hit me, HIT ME ALL YOU WANT.

Yay for unranked matches kek

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, reactive armor buff was what made timber playable and consequently gave rise to kotl, with him nerfed, I'm not sure what options there are for a counter. Can oracle dispel it ?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't think so? it says it's undispellable.

Shadow Demon's Purge w/ Aghs disables it though? as does silver edge's activate effect. (anything that applies Break)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The way it is coded you have to use break, which is only silver edge, doom aghs, and shadow demon aghs. And even then it just prevents new stacks and I don't think it matters with the existing. You can't move it to a 'strong dispel' because there aren't any sources of that castable on enemies. And regular dispel would probably ruin it.

The bloodstone buff at the same time also brought him back in. I dunno, early magic abusers to shut him down seem the only reliable way.