DOTA 2

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Sigh I'm gonna blow my brains out. I hadn't played in years and used this account to experiment and practice in well over 70 of my games played and looks like it's haunting me. Gonna have to make a new account.

2k MMR out of placements...
Yet, when I play these games I feel like I am leagues above in terms of skill and tactics, and DEFINITELY in terms of general DoTA knowledge and awareness.
I am not an amazing DoTA player, but after 10 years, I am pretty good. I feel like none of my stats reflect it properly. Shiiiiiiiiit, it's frustrating. Having a game rely on only 5 player team based interactions leaves so much to be desired for me in skill matching because if I have a good team who communicates, like most people, I really shine. However, most of the time, it's just me talking to myself trying to get people to come up with proper team picks for a strat or just doing the most basic shit like calling missing and setting up ganks with people who don't even speak English. Fuck me.

tldr; I am low tier MMR garbage trash and want to set myself on fire

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Sigh I'm gonna blow my brains out. I hadn't played in years and used this account to experiment and practice in well over 70 of my games played and looks like it's haunting me. Gonna have to make a new account.

2k MMR out of placements...
Yet, when I play these games I feel like I am leagues above in terms of skill and tactics, and DEFINITELY in terms of general DoTA knowledge and awareness.
I am not an amazing DoTA player, but after 10 years, I am pretty good. I feel like none of my stats reflect it properly. Shiiiiiiiiit, it's frustrating. Having a game rely on only 5 player team based interactions leaves so much to be desired for me in skill matching because if I have a good team who communicates, like most people, I really shine. However, most of the time, it's just me talking to myself trying to get people to come up with proper team picks for a strat or just doing the most basic shit like calling missing and setting up ganks with people who don't even speak English. Fuck me.

tldr; I am low tier MMR garbage trash and want to set myself on fire
Start picking well scaling scores with a lot of solo kill potential - jugg, wr, qop, nyx, slark,lina , mirana, timber, ... and go kill some nerds, or you aren't as good as you think. Communication is overratedin low brackets, you can come up with a great plan, but when it takes 5 minutes to communicate and execute, it's going to still end up horribly. Much better to play with your basic game sense and spam "Get Back!" when you see things going south.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I mean I do, regardless of who I play with. I don't join low pubs and start telling people what to play and strategize like a Roman general, I just meant there is a complete lack of coordination across the board, especially intuitively, which is why I usually start trying to talk to people.

It's good advice for the heroes, I spent a long time getting out of my comfort zone and trying everything. I have a couple solid heroes I can go on a good killfest with, guess I'll have to start doing that.

edit; I spent a lot of time playing support and it was a lot of fun, but didn't do much for me. I enjoy it though, especially since 95% of people want to immediately play a hard carry.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I mean I do, regardless of who I play with. I don't join low pubs and start telling people what to play and strategize like a Roman general, I just meant there is a complete lack of coordination across the board, especially intuitively, which is why I usually start trying to talk to people.

It's good advice for the heroes, I spent a long time getting out of my comfort zone and trying everything. I have a couple solid heroes I can go on a good killfest with, guess I'll have to start doing that.

edit; I spent a lot of time playing support and it was a lot of fun, but didn't do much for me. I enjoy it though, especially since 95% of people want to immediately play a hard carry.
If you want to seriously climb in ranked, shrink your heroes to 3-4 and start grinding them to death. The only exception is when you see the space for some serious counterpick, like no stuns vs pugna or weaver. I play supports in ranked usually, but it's a bit more rewarding at 4k I guess, still to seriously climb I'd probably have to start spamming carries or offlaners.

Watching ESL, NP really is an EE team. I have no clue what blademail/veil is supposed to accomplish on ember.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Not very impressive then, seems like you give up everything to nuke people. BF solves sustain, damage and farm in a single item, on top of great scaling with crit/rapier. This doesn't.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It seems to be a very early game centric build. Take the 11% spell amp, buy a veil, flameguard, remnant people down. Also good of you have magic damage surrounding you adding more value to the veil pickup. The blademail was strange because unless you're going up against heavy magic it isn't returning any damage that synergizes with the veil (wasn't paying attention to that match though). I've seen a lot of veil + euls more.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That Ember build is shit unless you win very early, yea. Was watching Arteezy playing that and it went late game and he was basically a walking searing chains doing no damage unless people kill themselves on blade mail.....but they finally figured it out and just started ignoring him in teamfights.

The spell amp build I like is with QoP, that 70% spell lifesteal gives her some crazy sustain once she has Shiva's etc and can still do decent right click with Bloodthorn/Treads if it goes super late.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Leshrac with blade mail, agh and octarine core (heals from blade mail reflect too) tho

Eul's when you get low

So dank

Kill laned him very hard with a Slark

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not very impressive then, seems like you give up everything to nuke people. BF solves sustain, damage and farm in a single item, on top of great scaling with crit/rapier. This doesn't.

I'm not sure bf is as good on Ember with the way cleave was changed, I haven't seen anyone build it since the patch. Radiance is fairly common now after veil, then octarine also at least in pubs.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I know I have received some good advice here, but seriously...I have lost like 10 ranked games in a row. I read the guides and I try to play a good game and still lose game after game. How is that possible?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometimes just take a break, and maybe rewatch your games from other perspectives also to help you see what you did wrong....some people even here in the past have watched replays to help out.

Dont sweat it though if you feel you are doing your job or get some bad teammates, you see pros sometimes on their streams that even go through streaks like that.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Of course he is when your team has only physical damage. That said, the HG defense from wings was pretty sexy

Wings got balls, throne kill out of the blue

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
yaZhsyW.jpg

"best world in the team"

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I like the way Resolution plays Naga. Not quite Sonneiko levels of crazy, but Reso is super good at distracting and fucking with the enemy team while sneak pushing. I like it.