DOTA 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well that's one way to go out, pick the weakest team after finishing first in group stages, then lose.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
HOLY SHIT BRAZILIAN DOTA!

I have to admit I didnt care much about SG win or lose this tournament, but goddamn I just could not help but be excited and cheer them on after that first clutch escape by Slark and the bottom barracks fight. It only got better and more intense from there out.

And holy shit, whoever is playing Sand King is awesome. Brazilian national hero for sure.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't even think the jajas filled out their brackets with the br team winning

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
A Puppey surprise. They got out drafted so hard with the slark storm final picks, they had nothing for that shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Del

Vyemm Raider
That has to be one of the biggest upsets of all time. Bigger than Liquid vs LGD at TI3. EU's #1 seed lost to some fucking br's LOL

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Most important thing about the round of 8 series is that the teams that win are likely getting auto invited to TI, which is basically 100k guaranteed based on previous years even if they bomb out. Given the hellscape is that the modern qualifiers, its a pretty big deal.

If the favorites go through, that could be EG/OG/VP/Liquid Although the VP/Liquid series are definitely less lopsided before they get played.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Single elim is fine I just didn't like the way the brackets were fed. Getting to play the last place team who is desperate and getting kicked out seems like a shit reward for going 20 - 0. Like maybe the 1st and 2nd place get a bye or something? I dunno, there were top two, bottom two, and a bunch of 2 - 2. The first round accomplished nothing.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The bracket drama comebacks are very good with losers' bracket runs however too. Both have their merits, single elimination is far more volatile. If the best teams have a bad series, they don't play through the second tier teams in the losers though.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
So if SG wins TI7, does the DoTA community as a whole commit sepuku or? What's the contingency plan here boys

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Single elim is fine I just didn't like the way the brackets were fed. Getting to play the last place team who is desperate and getting kicked out seems like a shit reward for going 20 - 0. Like maybe the 1st and 2nd place get a bye or something? I dunno, there were top two, bottom two, and a bunch of 2 - 2. The first round accomplished nothing.

They got to pick who they played though right?