DOTA 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
Was there even anything for the group stage last year? i only watched the main event, which is where all the production seemed to be anyway

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Different format this year.

And ffs its fucking TI, Dreamleague even has panels and commentary between match games in group stage. New heroes in the meta being played, nobody really talking about it.....and shit, 2 teams are going home after this so the games have a lot of meaning. For this kind of money and the people there it just seems bleh, doesnt even feel like TI.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Group stage is always like this.
Don't forget 4 people crammed to a tiny desk. That was like TI 4 I think.

It's shit, but if their whole production is from the arena, you really don't want to build it twice. Still, making your group stage an afterthought is pretty weird with how much money is on the line. This production would suck 5 years ago, BTS blows them out of the water with the work they did for the qualifiers.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Groups are usually done from the hotel / conference center, not Key I believe. Sheever did a lot of behind the scenes vlogs on YouTube last year.

And they've had panels between games, daily highlight compilations, etc in the past.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's probably more effort than its worth to organize 4 streams with panels and shit in the location theyre at, and that's only the english side lol

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No just one panel, not 4. That panel would also jump between games and results from the other channels in the downtime on dota2ti1 or whatever.

Mmmmaaaannnn I want to be on an airplane now!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Classic JACKIE LMAO

Lmao evany just straight up calling OG a bunch of retards that can only play dota as human beings. feels good to be an OG fangay :D