DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
You have to grind past all the players that are trying dota for the first time, finding the rage too much to handle. Then they quit, get chat banned, or low priority queue sorted. That very very rarely happens in any games I play these days. Report anyone who is disruptive to the game, not just bad. If they get enough reports they only play games with other people who've been reported.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
As long as you maintain a good GOLD/MIN, XP/MIN, and K/D/A you should MMR up pretty quickly as you rank. I've seen 4k+ games with people that are still TBD and there are a lot of people that play only unranked in Very High / High Skill but are super low MMR b/c they just don't play ranked ever. So just don't let them dumpster you and trash your own stats. Just do your own thing until it starts to look better, heh.

groovy_and_sl

shitlord
Yeah you have an MMR rank which is simply a number. Can range from 1 to infinity, although 8k is the absolute highest anyone has gotten at the moment. I think the mean is somewhere around 2.7k? Maybe lower? Whatever your MMR is, don't forget that the trench never ends. It's all awful.

Single draft/random draft for me.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, we're going the 5th through 8th. Wanted to go all week but couldn't quite swing it, but we'll be there for Wed - Sat. Dandain's (Rethan) ticket is in there too.

Cybsled

TI5 wildcard matches starting

edit: Or not. Wtf Valve X_X Network seems fucked, though...I can't even open my compendium.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
TI4 had a lot of interesting matches, just not at the end
wink.png

Whats up with Twitch disabling Chromecast for the TI streams. Stuck using Youtube which occasionally loses the video buffer, not a great sign for their gaming service supposedly launching this summer.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
TI4 had a lot of interesting matches, just not at the end
wink.png

Whats up with Twitch disabling Chromecast for the TI streams. Stuck using Youtube which occasionally loses the video buffer, not a great sign for their gaming service supposedly launching this summer.
Chromecast works for me for TI streams. At least on my Twitch app on Nexus 7 and my cellphone. Just tested them.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hmm, I didn't check the android applications, only the web.

Oddly I have noticed before that the web and android appear to cast different streams, at least with Sing the web cast will audio stutter (apparently due to a high frame rate?) whereas the android cast works fine.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Chromecast working fine for me too. Are you casting a tab? I was never able to get that to work properly and just use the app. Only thing I was never able to cast was past broadcasts for some reason.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Chromecast working fine for me too. Are you casting a tab? I was never able to get that to work properly and just use the app. Only thing I was never able to cast was past broadcasts for some reason.
No, the cast icon is missing from the twitch player. Attempting to cast from the browser widget just results in the purple ready to cast screen. Same behaviour on multiple PCs with different OSes.

Works from Android however, if its working for others it might be CDN related.