DOTA 2

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like this game is over already

edit: Apparently EG thinks so too.

I'm just not crazy about Razor.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
PPD on full fucking tilt like last year. UHH GUYS IM SCARED LET ME DRAFT RAZOR EVERY GAME.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also think EG just needs to pick every last fighting hero they can against the azn teams. They're all just OMG FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I also think EG just needs to pick every last fighting hero they can against the azn teams. They're all just OMG FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.
Ohhh how times have changed, I am still living in 5 years ago when asians hid in the jungle for 45 minutes then decided to play. Fucking meta changing, ruining my perception of things.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You weren't around last year, were you ?
biggrin.png

Yeah, everybody was saying that Secret cracked the patch with their advantage into rice, but apparently not, the solution seems to be to fight at all stages of the game and stalling will cost you map control. Exactly what the patch notes alluded to.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it almost seems like an extreme response to some past criticism of asian teams. I think in past years (granted, different patches) asian teams had a rep for well executed but boring farm fests. They weren't very aggressive and didn't do crazy stuff. Now, they still don't really do crazy stuff. But they're super aggressive, non stop, and early. And they still are well executed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure how you see Bounty Hunter and PL and then go "well let's pick no damage heroes like Razor and Tree, so we can make sure we have no way to end the game in 30mins". How did they even plan to win this shit? They sure as hell weren't going to push high ground, did they feel like they'd base dive them with spiritbreaker and treant living armor and hope they'd give up even though a single tracked kill would give them like 3k gold if they were behind and they had by far the strongest lategame hero in the entire game?

Dumb match. At least first one was kinda good.

Prime_sl

shitlord
Sad seeing secret lose. Been a fan of kuro for like a decade and Puppey is such a boss. Must be pretty rough for rtz/zai seeing EG sitting in Top3. S4 had such a dominate game 2 and then just fed sooo hard game 3.

Cybsled

The great western shuffle will be upon us next week.
Reports are that Sonneiko checked out of the hotel in the middle of the night and flew home on Monday. People figured Navi disband/reshuffle, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ditches the team. For a team like Navi, walking away from TI5 with a small 50k is horrible. After the team gets their cut, the players will be lucky to get 7-8k each.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Or he wanted to get away from the fans and his brithday was the day before they got eliminated

Northerner

N00b
Offseason drama will be insane already regardless. Too much money now to stop it.

Now, the question is if it stays sorta regional/language or if the whole fucking thing just goes all pro-sports.

For good or bad, no fan has a team loyalty at all but instead we like certain players or occasionally, certain styles. That's horrible for potential team managers or "team branding". Can you imagine if Twins fans quit cheering for them and started cheering for the other team when they traded a pitcher? Oh my.