DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
EG reminds me of first version of Secret, each of thier players looks absolutely sublime and their strats and drafts are on point. Brace for the inevitable TI implosion.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Earthshaker mid... and absolutely dominating... in a pro game... it is about as PogChamp as it gets.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
OG is now in danger of not making the main event if they lose to Secret, Liquid should beat Na'Vi with ease. What a strange turn of events that would be. Clutch is obviously not making the main, almost certainly joined by Planet Odd. If EG beat VP they win their group (EG should spank Clutch).

And somehow LFY is leading their group..... da fuq.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Earthshaker mid... and absolutely dominating... in a pro game... it is about as PogChamp as it gets.
Shaker that gets quick levels is no joke, the scaling on totem with the passive is bonkers and people are not used to playing vs you. His burst is also mostly physical, so no teardrops will save your ass. He still suffers in longer teamfights, but his burst is puck on crack.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Secret won with AA... they are like reverse EG, destroy group stages, fall apart in elimination.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Shaker that gets quick levels is no joke, the scaling on totem with the passive is bonkers and people are not used to playing vs you. His burst is also mostly physical, so no teardrops will save your ass. He still suffers in longer teamfights, but his burst is puck on crack.
I remember moonmeander stomping in a pro game with him awhile ago on OG.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
The fuck is LFY even doing here? Have they been doing really well elsewhere and just never noticed? They're not bad rn and it's blindsiding me, wtf. Lol.

I'm a stupid ass OG fanboi and so far this tournament has been rough for me to watch overall. I like VP a lot but mostly because I like their style - they just tend to do whatever they want and not give a fuck while beating teams into fucking submission. Liquid beating OG like that though, which of course is always possible, did kind of give me a surprise.

Honestly not really sure what Clutch are even doing in these recent tournaments, are they really better than TNC and Fnatic and Mineski or whatever? IDK how invites work sometimes.

Anyway, Epicenter has been interesting as hell no matter who you are cheering for. These have been some pretty fun games.
EG just looks ready to cream all over a TI trophy though, and (they're my second favorite team) it's soooo nice to see -I kept seeing them doing really well over the past few months but just wanted to nudge them a little bit into that next level they needed. It seems they found their sweet spot, it's been a joy to watch EG lately.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, its funny how quickly a patch destroys teams.

3 months ago...

"IG might be the favorite to win TI!" or talk was at least top 3. Now they get curbstomped as soon as Monkey Trash got nerfed

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Man, its funny how quickly a patch destroys teams.

3 months ago...

"IG might be the favorite to win TI!" or talk was at least top 3. Now they get curbstomped as soon as Monkey Trash got nerfed
Not just Monkey, Treant and Lina got nerfed into the ground too and Boboka was abusing her by far the most.

Clutch beat Faceless for the SEA spot, but they have very little LAN experience, so it's no wonder they aren't doing well. iceiceice and co. have enough experience to make a surprise run here and there, TNC too, but otherwise there's no contest.

As far as TI chances go, it seems like OG or EG., assuming the rule holds up. Liquid has the potential, but has been playing crap, Secret is way too volatile, Planet Odd probably not, Mouz will be lucky to qualify and that's about it.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
The fuck is LFY even doing here? Have they been doing really well elsewhere and just never noticed? They're not bad rn and it's blindsiding me, wtf. Lol.

I'm a stupid ass OG fanboi and so far this tournament has been rough for me to watch overall. I like VP a lot but mostly because I like their style - they just tend to do whatever they want and not give a fuck while beating teams into fucking submission. Liquid beating OG like that though, which of course is always possible, did kind of give me a surprise.

Honestly not really sure what Clutch are even doing in these recent tournaments, are they really better than TNC and Fnatic and Mineski or whatever? IDK how invites work sometimes.

Anyway, Epicenter has been interesting as hell no matter who you are cheering for. These have been some pretty fun games.
EG just looks ready to cream all over a TI trophy though, and (they're my second favorite team) it's soooo nice to see -I kept seeing them doing really well over the past few months but just wanted to nudge them a little bit into that next level they needed. It seems they found their sweet spot, it's been a joy to watch EG lately.

LFY is coming out of no where in a similar manner to IG. IG was simply mediocre until their big breakout at DAC, then Boboka got nerfed into the ground and they are trying to maintain their footing when their star player is trying to adjust to the new position 4's. Tree/Kunkka/Clock are top of the stack at the moment, NS is in there too and him/Kunkka are the new Boboka heroes. LFY just happens to be thriving in this patch, and it also helps that they are playing teams who never scrimmed/played against them (since they never made it to LANs outside of China) and have no idea wtf heroes they play, or what their play style is.

Clutch managed to qualify for 4 different LANs right after Kiev. Faceless played like shit during every SEA qualifier after Kiev so Clutch beat out the scene (Mineski and Fnatic both have new rosters, and still have teething issues). TNC also made a major change by inviting 1437 to come captain them.

EG also seems to be doing very well this patch, whereas OG are not. I am not sure if OG just takes a very long time to mature into a patch, or if they are pulling another Manila->TI where they completely shit the bed after being on top of the world.

The biggest two matches today are Secret vs OG (if OG lose they are out) and EG vs VP (winner takes the group). If EG beats VP here they may take the tournament (or lose to LFY if no one bothers to figure out what they are actually doing).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
OG were without FuckingMad in Manilla and didn't practice much. I won't say they are throwing their games, but it's obvious they aren't putting in 110%, since their invite is set in stone.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
OG won Manila. I am talking about the period after Manila and into TI.

Also, Sumail went fucking AA mid against Clutch and dumpstered them. Embarassing.

Edit: and now EG pick Arc Warden and Zeus versus Io Tiny. This game is going to be awesome.

Edit 2: EG jizzed all over CG's face. That Arc Warden was filthy.

Last edited: