DOTA 2

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a huge throw. I made this prediction about a month ago and I stand behind it, Slarks going to be on the first pick/ban list for this International.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This pause shit is so unprofessional. First off, there needs to be voting for pause in pubs, and in tournies there needs to be countdown. Also, 30 minutes break. Agree. Fuck off

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
Going to be interesting to see what icefrog does for patch before international with no one playing pl and slark being so good

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd imagine the way the game is currently balanced is the way it will be for TI. It would be retarded to change heroes so close to TI especially when they're playing the qualifiers with this.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
idk, slark is a pretty boring hero to watch. He's just unstoppable once he gets his bkb.

I think Spark is just FOtM like PL was. The hero hasn't been changed in a while and you hardly see him picked. One team does well as him and suddenly he is in every game I see or play. I understand he just got into captains mode but if there was anything blatantly wrong with the hero you think it would have been apparent since the last time he was touched (no idea).

The nerfs around PL were pretty minor weren't they? He got played well in a pro game, suddenly no one could shut up about OP he must be, and now his usage is down.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Here is my completely unscientific picks. I think the <2 minute tower is ambitious.

rrr_img_24717.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think Spark is just FOtM like PL was. The hero hasn't been changed in a while and you hardly see him picked. One team does well as him and suddenly he is in every game I see or play. I understand he just got into captains mode but if there was anything blatantly wrong with the hero you think it would have been apparent since the last time he was touched (no idea).

The nerfs around PL were pretty minor weren't they? He got played well in a pro game, suddenly no one could shut up about OP he must be, and now his usage is down.
Slark was added like last week to -cm, obviously you wouldn't have seen him before. If you mean pubs, it's standard for pub picks to follow the new competitive fads. And he was changed a lot recently, when they fixed his long standing bugs(people having abilities that break the leash on pounce or shit not being dispelled by dark pact when it should like qop dot, venomancer/viper poisons, entangling root, naga net, rubkick telekinesis etc).

I am a bit surprised however he's being used as a general pick. I can see the use as a counterpick but I didn't expect just to see him randomly. We'll see though, so far he's been successful, but a slark that gets raped early game tends to be a fairly big liability so we'll see when that starts happening.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Slark was added like last week to -cm, obviously you wouldn't have seen him before. If you mean pubs, it's standard for pub picks to follow the new competitive fads. And he was changed a lot recently, when they fixed his long standing bugs(people having abilities that break the leash on pounce or shit not being dispelled by dark pact when it should like qop dot, venomancer/viper poisons, entangling root, naga net, rubkick telekinesis etc).

I am a bit surprised however he's being used as a general pick. I can see the use as a counterpick but I didn't expect just to see him randomly. We'll see though, so far he's been successful, but a slark that gets raped early game tends to be a fairly big liability so we'll see when that starts happening.
Keep in mind chinese tend to buy Gem much earlier, so Slark might be much weaker in their meta. It's kinda like Skywrath I think, people not being used to him leads to a lot of mistakes and good players can capitalize on that. Give him a month.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
WTF is CK doing in that lineup ? If you want stunbot just take one of the zillion supports...