DOTA 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
lmao the players can all hear casters/audience calls so the asian teams are picking up english keywords to try and also have an advantage

What a dog shit venue and setup this year, it's wild how bad it is

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Del

Vyemm Raider
Embarrassing stuff for EG. What's next for them? Disbandment? I think they've proven without a shadow of a doubt that their team will never win anything.

• 1Moron

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I hope Nightfall stays. Dude is a beast. I'd like to see Arteezy go and get a different team. EG/Arteezy combo is a meme at this point.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arteezy, the Russell Westbrook of Dota, keeps putting up stats and stacking losses when it matters.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Haven't followed or played Dota for years. Had a quick look at the reddit, why are people saying it's dying? Valve going to stop supporting it soon or something?

Cybsled

Why the hell is there almost a week break in between the games this year?

I think they are changing venues for the finals

Had a quick look at the reddit, why are people saying it's dying? Valve going to stop supporting it soon or something?

The TI prize pool was relatively abysmal this year - only 14 million, compared to last TI's approx 40 million. Also concerns about bad production quality (no sound proof booths, sloppy segment cuts, etc)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Valve has been pretty retarded since Covid. They killed their tournament scene momentum, they have long delays between patches, they delay or skip seasonal events, and The International event has really taken it on the chin from all of that.

How much of it is their fault and how much is simply of their control due to world government's and politics? It is probably up for debate.

This TI is the worst one since the early days 2011-2014. Super small scale. Half the players still in masks or not even on stage and playing in their hotel rooms. They don't even have sound-proof booths for the teams to play in, so the teams that can understand English can hear the announcers calling out the game in the arena. It is a fucking joke.

The 5-day break between the Main Stage games and the finals is also momentum killing. The whole thing is just bad decision stacked on bad decision.

Come back to Seattle. Save your game.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Key Arena was under renovation for years, which in part prompted the various International Internationals. I think the renovations are done now, but only semi-recently

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Man that Team Liquid v Thunder Awaken game 3 was great. Never been a fan of SA region but they really showed up this TI.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was a really bad TI, except for the Dota. The game's were pretty great. I think Icefrog has the game in a good place these days. It's GabeN and Valve that need to step the fuck up with everything else.

Cybsled

Ya, some of the games were great. Tundra was just so dominate - clean sweep in finals.

This was pretty good on the final day as well

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol at PPD in the straight jacket.

I can't imagine how hard it was to keep a straight face with slacks.