DOTA 2

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dota 2 Patch 7.33 is due out anytime now. This feels like (and it needs to be) one of the most impactful patches in the game's history. It's been a draught, for so, so long.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess I'm weird in that I didn't mind dota mostly staying the same, but these changes look pretty fun.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird that it's still part of the 7.0 update and not a brand new 8.0 one.

These are vastly larger changes than the last big one with the neutral items and whatnot. I stopped playing around that time cause the game got weird. But I mostly just watch it to kill time every now and then anyway.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Weird that it's still part of the 7.0 update and not a brand new 8.0 one.

These are vastly larger changes than the last big one with the neutral items and whatnot. I stopped playing around that time cause the game got weird. But I mostly just watch it to kill time every now and then anyway.
Or at least 7.4 instead of just 7.33?

It will be really interesting to see what all the strategies are with the Major group stage starting in less than a week.

Talos

All the stuff along the borders is silly...like marginalia in old bibles! It even has a gargoyle. I like the design and the symbolism a lot even though I'm sure this was unintentional (symbolism happens).

In terms of gameplay, it seemed like a lot to keep track. Others were saying the same thing but I suppose we will get used to it. I did not understand the watcher things. Sometimes we could activate them and sometimes not.

Needless

Toe Sucker
its so fucking weird but i love huge changes once in awhile, im not sure if watchers are tied to the towers or not? or if they just fade but who knows its day one

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
MEGAMEEPO New ability granted by Aghanim's Scepter Primary Meepo mounts all other Meepos in a 600 radius around him on top of his shoulders. While in this form, he gains 50% of the other Meepo stats and can Fling them at enemies, dealing 225 damage and slowing them by 60% for 3s. While active, Earthbind generates additional nets and Poof deals bonus damage based on the amount of Meepos riding on top. Casting Dig cancels MegaMeepo. Has no Mana Cost. Cooldown: 60s. Duration: 20s. Fling Cooldown: 0.5s
What in the fuck lol

Also get fucked tinker script spamming cunts, hope to never see any of you ever again

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tormenters feel clunky. It is a free kill for illusion hero's, but nearly impossible for a lot of others. I do like the reward system of giving low networth hero's a free shard, that mechanic is pretty cool. Terror Blade, PL & Naga are going to rule this patch it seems for the carries. Though, RTZ countering Terror Blade with Muerta in the tournament the other day was pretty cool. So, there is a lot of meta that still needs to develop.

Talos

After more time playing this...it feels like it was too much at once. I like everything, just wish they had released one new feature every few weeks or so, maybe even every month.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whoever markets at dota needs to be fired. This should been hyped as dota 2.5. What a huge change.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Tormenters feel clunky. It is a free kill for illusion hero's, but nearly impossible for a lot of others.
The first tormenter seems like its meant as a team activity unless you have a boss killing hero like Ursa. I don't think its clunky unless we're talking about illusion heroes being OP in general. Wondering if we'll see a nerf of some sort to illusion heroes damage to neutral creeps or something. Their farm is a bit too much with all these creep camps and objectives.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Dota 2 TI will be back at Seattle for the first time since 2017. Will be interesting to see how VISAs work out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Looks like it will be the same arena, which had a revamp and a dumb name added.

Trying to see what got updated - looks like it might seat approximately 3k more people than it previously did.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, it's in the old/renovated Key Arena. The Seattle Kraken (NHL) and Seattle Storm (WNBA) play there now.

Thank god it's back in USA.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
Gonna try to attend this one if I can get a ticket this year, I kind of like that it’s not a full like 5 days or whatever now so 3 is reasonable for a little Seattle trip

haven’t been since TI7

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
What in the fuck lol

Also get fucked tinker script spamming cunts, hope to never see any of you ever again
Lol didn’t age well with a legendary Tinker game at the major

I do wonder how bad TI12 being in the US will affect all the Russian players trying to get into the country.

In unrelated news, EternalEnvy recently retired from Dota streaming with plans to “do a coding boot camp and easily get hired by google within the next 6 months” lmao

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol didn’t age well with a legendary Tinker game at the major

I do wonder how bad TI12 being in the US will affect all the Russian players trying to get into the country.

In unrelated news, EternalEnvy recently retired from Dota streaming with plans to “do a coding boot camp and easily get hired by google within the next 6 months” lmao
it's funny because i saw him streaming dota again yesterday lol

theres only one real russian team still and i dont think they've had issues before but who knows with that war going on, theres ample time for them to apply for their visas for mid October and TI has almost never had visa denials when it was in Seattle.

I also couldn't give a shit about them; none of those players are entertaining to watch and Pure should be hanged for being a stupid edgy cunt anyway kek