DOTA 2

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
20 wins in last 60 games, just don't even understand how I can get playable games for the first 1300 games but now all of the sudden I just keep getting people who have very little games played and almost no game knowledge, think I need to just start over and make a smurf account or something, I might be bugged.

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
20 wins in last 60 games, just don't even understand how I can get playable games for the first 1300 games but now all of the sudden I just keep getting people who have very little games played and almost no game knowledge, think I need to just start over and make a smurf account or something, I might be bugged.
You would be amazed at how much worse the quality of games gets when you smurf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
At the same time when you smurf you can win any lane with any hero and as long as the hero is brutal enough, you will carry your entire team of retards. Until you win enough and you end up closer to your place, but still in shittier level, then it gets worse than usual, people are awful but not awful enough that you can win on your own.

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
At the same time when you smurf you can win any lane with any hero and as long as the hero is brutal enough, you will carry your entire team of retards. Until you win enough and you end up closer to your place, but still in shittier level, then it gets worse than usual, people are awful but not awful enough that you can win on your own.
My biggest problem was people just leaving or giving up after 2 deaths probably only finished like 50% of the games

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I found the problem. Nutron the rager only plays AP and I had my setting on AP only. Makes sense now.

Turn on RD/AR/SD/LP and go 3-0.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Here's the kind of thing I love in this game.

Just played with a completely retarded team. One Brazillian, and literally everyone was arguing. Two tards were autoattacking at the beginning, we lost lanes, we were all overpursuing and dying, insults every minute, etcetera. Enemy team took all of our t1 and t2 towers while they still had most of theirs.

So literally right down until when this happened, we all went mid without so much as any verbal communication, everyone just followed. They still had t2 mid up...so we pushed through that and killed the entire enemy team who outleveled us by like 3 or 4, and then re-killed a couple of them who bought back, and won the game like 45 seconds after that. Total hilarity. Three people were still arguing and calling the other people shitty players and noobs the entire team we were attacking their base and finally killing the ancient.

nescio_sl

shitlord
Here's the kind of thing I love in this game.

Just played with a completely retarded team. One Brazillian, and literally everyone was arguing. Two tards were autoattacking at the beginning, we lost lanes, we were all overpursuing and dying, insults every minute, etcetera. Enemy team took all of our t1 and t2 towers while they still had most of theirs.

So literally right down until when this happened, we all went mid without so much as any verbal communication, everyone just followed. They still had t2 mid up...so we pushed through that and killed the entire enemy team who outleveled us by like 3 or 4, and then re-killed a couple of them who bought back, and won the game like 45 seconds after that. Total hilarity. Three people were still arguing and calling the other people shitty players and noobs the entire team we were attacking their base and finally killing the ancient.
That's why dota is so fun. Even if you are doing terrible the other team can throw the game at anytime.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
yeah AP is terrible. ar/sd/rd all day
until you get 20 games in a row with "LOL NEVER PLAYED THIS GUY" or "FUCK MY HEROES AFK JUNGLE" or "LOL I LOST MID SRY DUNNO THIS GUY 0-15 5 mins in" or "LOL 5 CARRIES" etc.

do AP, pick whatever the fuck you want. SD is fine too. the rest is poops.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
until you get 20 games in a row with "LOL NEVER PLAYED THIS GUY" or "FUCK MY HEROES AFK JUNGLE" or "LOL I LOST MID SRY DUNNO THIS GUY 0-15 5 mins in" or "LOL 5 CARRIES" etc.

do AP, pick whatever the fuck you want. SD is fine too. the rest is poops.
Just switch it up after a while, I never played AP because I was sick of the space cow/prophet every single fucking game, played random modes for a while trying to find new heroes to practice and then returned back to AP to fine tune them.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Just switch it up after a while, I never played AP because I was sick of the space cow/prophet every single fucking game, played random modes for a while trying to find new heroes to practice and then returned back to AP to fine tune them.
That's what SD is for ;p

every other mode sucks balls unless you 4+ queue.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Captains draft is amazing solo or small group. Unless I play with someone who refuses, I only play CD.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If you are playing in a variable skill stack, AP is the only mode you can play outside of like Captains mode where you can give yourself a good chance to win. Solo queue w/e you're rolling the dice anyways. SD is the worst with no swaps (for a group).

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Very true about the skill range in groups and all pick. I would honestly avoid AP unless it was for that reason. I have yet to see a single BR/Russian/Asian or have any leavers in Captain's Draft. Most people are actually FRIENDLY (WTF?). The first time in the history of Dota that I've been playing (since 2004), that I can enjoy other people's company for more than just a single game.

Sulrn

Deuces
If you are playing in a variable skill stack, AP is the only mode you can play outside of like Captains mode where you can give yourself a good chance to win. Solo queue w/e you're rolling the dice anyways. SD is the worst with no swaps (for a group).
Disagree. Sans true beginners, the best way to learn is # games played and hero variety. AR/RD enforce that. That's how I learned All-Stars and pub stomped.

Although I agree that SD is bullshit without swaps / not being able to see teammates pool, a la HoN (see, it can do something better besides the surrender option).

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I've tried CD a few times, and 3 out of 5 (if I'm not the captain) they will never listen to what people want or make any sense and just pick random shit. Usually when CD comes up people say "I'm good with X,Y,Z so so with W,U" the captain follows with a random shit and "Why the fuck did you pick Leshrac when nobody said they could play or be good with him"