DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
DK didn't even give a crap that they were behind in gold game 2 of the final (game 3 if you count that they started with a 1 game advantage). You can't draft around a team that plays so well with so many different, disparate lineups. This is some of the best dota that has ever been played. Not a single, stagnant strategy that no one else can counter, but rather a versatile, skilled group of players that execute extremely well.
I'm a bit sad that we didn't get Navi vs DK game, because genius and insanity make good matchup, but with the way Navi was playing all weekend they would probably get stomped.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Which is weird 'cause they're the same time zone as us on the West... Are they all just unemployed? Kinda makes sense.

It's impossible to solo queue on us east without running into tons of peruvians. It's the single most frustrating thing about this game right now, and it seems like valve has no interest in trying to fix the problem.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think any other team has it so well that any position can play such a diverse pool of heroes and actually excel at it. I mean originally it was mushi with his pool at ti3. But since then I believe the whole team has adopted this strategy

Sulrn

Deuces
It's impossible to solo queue on us east without running into tons of peruvians. It's the single most frustrating thing about this game right now, and it seems like valve has no interest in trying to fix the problem.
That's honestly the main reason I spend absolutely no money on the game and remove money made off the market into my bank account. Not the Peruvians, but the fact there is obviously an issue the community deems important and it's being ignored. Can't justify giving money to a dev house that runs with that business model. With the Steam Sales getting seemingly worse every year and the increase in competition (for Steam and Dota 2), I don't know how rosy the picture is longer term (3+ years) for either once the competition get's its head out of its ass.

I find myself rooting for SoE to establish itself as a Steam killer and reconfiguring itself from a subpar production house to a premium content delivery service that occasionally produces games.

calla_sl

shitlord
That's honestly the main reason I spend absolutely no money on the game and remove money made off the market into my bank account. Not the Peruvians, but the fact there is obviously an issue the community deems important and it's being ignored. Can't justify giving money to a dev house that runs with that business model. With the Steam Sales getting seemingly worse every year and the increase in competition (for Steam and Dota 2), I don't know how rosy the picture is longer term (3+ years) for either once the competition get's its head out of its ass.

I find myself rooting for SoE to establish itself as a Steam killer and reconfiguring itself from a subpar production house to a premium content delivery service that occasionally produces games.
uh how are you putting the money back into your bank account

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
They need to start blocking people based on ping/region. I'm fine with exceptions for mixed region parties but otherwise.....

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I guess using a 3rd party you could, sell games and what not to other people, they paypal you money and you gift them the game using your steam wallet. I'm sure there's a website somewhere doing that shit.

Sulrn

Deuces
You can't. Unfortunately, he's making shit up.
Sell items, buy game codes. Sell codes via [insert reputable game exchange] require pay pal.

Thanks for being a jack ass.

[Edit]
Alternate version, use D2Lounge. Trade items for games, re-trade/sell game codes, require pay pal.

I personally hate this method though, because people on the Lounge are mostly ass holes and their taste in games blow. They all remind me of Sutekh, actually.

Sulrn

Deuces
Custom leagues should fix the issue
How does a custom league fix the issue for solo queue? Unless you're talking of a league with a decent PUG scene, that doesn't even begin to address the issue. The only people it really helps are group queue, and they already avoid the problem to begin with.

It would make me laugh, but if they're so adamant about not discussing region locking, why not go back to allowing searchable game lobbies. They're already halfway there with the lobby system. Just add a title option and a search list. Let me kick who doesn't pass blacklisting(Lime-Listing?)/profile check.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
How does a custom league fix the issue for solo queue? Unless you're talking of a league with a decent PUG scene, that doesn't even begin to address the issue. The only people it really helps are group queue, and they already avoid the problem to begin with.

It would make me laugh, but if they're so adamant about not discussing region locking, why not go back to allowing searchable game lobbies. They're already halfway there with the lobby system. Just add a title option and a search list. Let me kick who doesn't pass blacklisting(Lime-Listing?)/profile check.
I think Valve thinks they can engineer around the issue. Region locking would just lead to people using proxies for the "best" region and it would make matchmaking on the high end much worse. The game needs a critical mass of people for matchmaking to be even remotely viable, as evidenced by high MMR ranked games. I think they could do a better job by giving people more options to group up - You just had a great game with a random guy ? Ask both of them if they want to group up for another game ! Basically make the good games even more memorable, because right now people only remember that retarded pudge failing to hook.

Personally I think region locking is retarded. I liked that I had to borrow SC2 account for most of WoL just to play people here. LoL makes you lvl a new account to 30 if you want to change region. The only thing that makes sense are ping limits ala dedicated FPS servers.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A lot of people don't care about the region they play and wouldn't proxy, they just click everything and accept whatever pops first. That's why russians and south americans end up on other servers a lot, their own server queues suck so even if they queue for them(and most of them do), they never pop first. That's also why they're always doing shit like -ping and complaining they're lagging even though they queued to that shit, cause they don't know where they're playing until they enter the game since they queued everywhere at once.

Region locking would probably work just fine. Ping limits would probably be a softer way to do it.

Most people complain about the language barrier over the ping issue though. Which I don't even know why it's an issue, you can play the game fine without ever talking to anyone but some people seem to think that you need to have a conversation to actually win.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
I would love if I could trade steam funds into a bank account. I have three of those mythical dragon hooks and they are selling for around $230 each right now

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Sell items, buy game codes. Sell codes via [insert reputable game exchange] require pay pal.

Thanks for being a jack ass.

[Edit]
Alternate version, use D2Lounge. Trade items for games, re-trade/sell game codes, require pay pal.

I personally hate this method though, because people on the Lounge are mostly ass holes and their taste in games blow. They all remind me of Sutekh, actually.
You run the risk of:

Getting your steam account banned
Getting a chargeback on paypal.

Further it's usually a SHITTON of work to get like 50% of what you paid. So yeah--I stand by what I said.

Sulrn

Deuces
Region locking would probably work just fine. Ping limits would probably be a softer way to do it.

Most people complain about the language barrier over the ping issue though. Which I don't even know why it's an issue, you can play the game fine without ever talking to anyone but some people seem to think that you need to have a conversation to actually win.
Teams playing a team game more effectively due to communication? Who knew?!?

Here I thought the secret to pro-gaming was innately having the power of foresight to know when and where your team is trying to push or team fight or farm and who initiates on who to make sure lock doesn't drop the rock while bane grips your carry before he can pop bkb.

It doesn't take a conversation to win games, but being able to communicate basics not covered by the chat wheel change games dramatically.