Downton Abbey

Silence_sl

shitlord
Honestly I like Boardwalk better. Maybe I should since I'm American.

Talking about how melodramatic it gets makes me raise an eyebrow. Season 1 was too melodramatic for my tastes. Maybe I just don't have an internal feel for the unspoken tensions so scenes, which would be fuller with the internal pull, just lay flat for me.

Excellent production value and acting and all that. I'm not running the show down. It's of a high quality. But it seems to me that there are 10 other British series that are exactly like this -- the difference primarily being the costumes.
I'd like to see a series crossover...where Harrow sneaks in to Downton at night and murdersplats everyone, then Gillian moves in and turns it into a brothel.

spronk

FPS noob
season 5 premieres tonight over in jolly old england, gonna score major wifey points getting it months ahead of Murica premiere. torrents are already up

spronk

FPS noob
The sixth and final season/series started last night on BBC, torrents are widely available. If you are in trouble with your old lady, download it ASAP and watch everything be forgiven as the two of you watch the continuing adventures of ugly old white people in the 1920s.

Good season premiere, it really takes you back to a time when it was pretty awesome being white. Well, it still is.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it took them 4 seasons to introduce a black character on this show. I spotted one in the trailer. I don’t see wokeness in everything like the majority of this place but I doubt this has it. They spend like 3/4ths of the entire series making you absolutely despise the gay character.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I think it took them 4 seasons to introduce a black character on this show. I spotted one in the trailer. I don’t see wokeness in everything like the majority of this place but I doubt this has it. They spend like 3/4ths of the entire series making you absolutely despise the gay character.
Gilded age is less woke than 1883.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Downton Abbey gets away with things because its a period piece. Those lavishly crafted period dramas on British Television get an immediate pass for lack of diversity on account of authenticity. The first time a black man is seen in Downton Abbey itself is quite a shock to many of the characters.

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Lady Mary literally gets migrant dick in the first episode.

• 1Barf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Downton Abbey gets away with things because its a period piece. Those lavishly crafted period dramas on British Television get an immediate pass for lack of diversity on account of authenticity. The first time a black man is seen in Downton Abbey itself is quite a shock to many of the characters.

Right ok, tell that to Anne Boleyn.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Lady Mary literally gets migrant dick in the first episode.

it was based on a real life occurrence, in 1890 in one of these kind of houses a dead diplomat was found in his bed and one of the single women in her diary it was found later wrote about how all the single women helped smuggle the diplomat from one of the ladies rooms back to his room using the hidden passages that were meant for the women to move around the house

and the actor who played the turkish diplomat is actually a British/greek guy (Theo James Patiklis), ironic considering the long history of conflict between turkey and greece.

Downton-Abbey-Turkish.png

spronk

FPS noob
the 2022 movie, which was released in theaters 3 weeks ago, is already out on VOD and torrents today

• 1Like