Dr. Cliff Huxtable was a mega rapist

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
So, maybe I missed the discussion in this thread, but why is popular opinion so against Bill Cosby, but not necessarily against Roman Polanski?

Column_sl

shitlord
So, maybe I missed the discussion in this thread, but why is popular opinion so against Bill Cosby, but not necessarily against Roman Polanski?
Because the masses don't even know who Roman Polanski is...If you picked someone more low brow these neanderthals could relate

Maybe a guy who is known for selling Jello Pudding would work

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Total hypocrisy.

I do think that Roman Polanski is viewed as a total scumbag by those outside of the industry. For whatever reason, inside the industry people gave him a pass. A rape pass.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Total hypocrisy.

I do think that Roman Polanski is viewed as a total scumbag by those outside of the industry. For whatever reason, inside the industry people gave him a pass. A rape pass.
And it seems worse to me because not only did he admit to doing it, but he was underage as well.

But Cosby gets crucified in the press and Polanski doesn't.

Column_sl

shitlord
You are crazy Polanski was crucified in the press. Comedians were making jokes for years about it.

He can't even come into the States, or anywhere he can be extradited....

Like I said most people don't even know what the guy is famous for, versus Cosby who is some low brow hack that everyone knows..
It doesn't hurt that Cosby is also black. I'm not going to sugar coat that all.

They do the same shit in sports. If you fuck up ,but you are still considered at the top of your game people can be hypocritically forgiving.
If you were once very famous, and are at the point where you have no value the public will tear you down.

This is a well known trick of journalism. Build them up so you can tear them down for the double story.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Times change. I think the Cosby thing is yesterdays news at this point unless someone comes out with new evidence or any evidence for that matter.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Quick reminder for stupid people: Polanski is in the middle of a extradition hearingright nowso asking why nobody cares about what he did makes you look a little dim.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Quick reminder for stupid people: Polanski is in the middle of a extradition hearingright nowso asking why nobody cares about what he did makes you look a little dim.
Justice dept has definitely not stopped trying to get him, I'm talking about the popular press. No shortage of articles about how he should be let go at this point.

spronk

FPS noob
New Bill Cosby Accuser Comes Forward With Graphic Details of Alleged Sexual Assault

Later, Cosby told her, "I'm your friend ... your friend is gonna (ejaculate) again," Thomas told CNN.

this ones even better
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2136164
A Bill Cosby accuser has stepped from the shadows and reportedly claims the comedian raped her in 1980 after creepily demanding she style her hair to look like Queen Noor of Jordan while smearing oatmeal on her face.

i still have a fat albert FUBU shirt i feel kinda weird wearing it now, like its a rape shirt. maybe if i started handing out free glasses of wine more women would trust me

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Or maybe we're looking at the whole picture. This guy has an industry of people, including women who consider themselves quite progressive and empowered, that support him. When he shows up to awards shows or whatever, people fawn all over him and make excuses to the press. The US Justice Dept cares, but apparently there are a lot of other countries that don't, and a hell of a lot of celebrities and journalists.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Polanski arguably got screwed over by the justice system. They offered him some kind of deal and then were going to go back on it. At least that's the story of why he ran to France. Americans have pretty much no tolerance at all for even the appearance of judicial misconduct, so he gets sympathy. It's the same reason people have so much higher of an opinion of Daniel Ellsberg than they do of Snowden and Manning, despite there being really no difference at all in what they did.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Polanski arguably got screwed over by the justice system. They offered him some kind of deal and then were going to go back on it. At least that's the story of why he ran to France. Americans have pretty much no tolerance at all for even the appearance of judicial misconduct, so he gets sympathy.
I guess a couple of things:

1> When you plea bargain, the judge can accept the bargain that you make with the prosecutor, or he can fly off and give you the death penalty for jaywalking. They are in no way bound by any deal you make with the prosecutor. His attorneys would have explained this to him many times prior to pleading guilty. I have given this speech to clients many times.

2> Polanski admitted to doing it. There is no doubt that he is 100% guilty. He says he'd do it again, that liking young girls is a weakness and he shouldn't be punished. Cosby denies doing it, and there's no evidence he did it aside from the accusations themselves.

Cosby is skewered in the press, Polanski is given a pass.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm no lawyer, but I don't think this is the case.
Well that was exaggeration obviously. But you can agree with the prosecutor for 5 days jail and the judge says fuck you, 10 days. Or whatever. There's obviously statutory guidelines in many cases that the judge can't exceed.