Dracula

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Dracula

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2020-01-01

Creator: Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat, Claes Bang

Cast: Claes Bang, Dolly Wells

Overview: Transylvania, 1897. The blood-drinking Count Dracula is drawing his plans against Victorian London. And be warned: the dead travel fast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
no-poster.jpg

Title: Dracula

Genre: Drama

Creator: Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat

Cast: Claes Bang, Morfydd Clark, Mark Gatiss, John Heffernan, Lujza Richter, Joanna Scanlan, Dolly Wells, Lydia West

First aired: 2020-12-31

Overview: TV series inspired by Bram Stoker's Dracula, which follows the bloodthirsty count as he travels from Transylvania to London.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yes please! I am a sucker (pun intended) for anything Vampire related. I even read 3 Twilight Books hoping they would stop being teenage bullshit and get badass.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Excellent, the time has come to return to proper Vampire stories.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Goddamn. I coulda done without seeing that fingernail thing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I was intrigued by the idea of this show but unfortunately (and not surprisingly) they had to SJW it up. Lucy Westenra is black, her suitors are hipsters, in 1800s Britain there was some black wealthy guy ordering white people around, an Indian doctor on the Demeter, Van Helsing is a woman, etc...gimme a break.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I was intrigued by the idea of this show but unfortunately (and not surprisingly) they had to SJW it up. Lucy Westenra is black, her suitors are hipsters, in 1800s Britain there was some black wealthy guy ordering white people around, an Indian doctor on the Demeter, Van Helsing is a woman, etc...gimme a break.

This makes it sound better. Started it twice and was bored to tears 20 min in. The plucky Nun was kinda cool though.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
This makes it sound better. Started it twice and was bored to tears 20 min in. The plucky Nun was kinda cool though.

Take a guess who the plucky nun is. I didn’t even have a problem with that, she was fine, it’s just the combination of everything. The dude who plays Dracula isn’t bad.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Episode 1 was good, 2 was okay, but 3 was where it went pants-on-head retarded and I couldn't help but roll my eyes all the way through.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Overall I liked it and I didn't mind the direction of Ep 3, it just felt super rushed. Would have been better if it had 4 or 5 episodes with the last three dedicated to Dracula in modern times. I think Claes Bang nailed the role and I liked the writer's choices with his word play. Man I feel like we live in the day of "What could have been!" Seldom do I walk away from movies or TV feeling fully satisfied, writers always seem to shit themselves with finales. They always seem rushed and hamfisted and trying to speak to some larger narrative where are multiple meanings, here is an idea have one meaning and fucking nail it.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finished episode 1 last night. Enjoyable. I enjoyed how they "modernized" some of the dialogue. Smart ass nun is +1. So far am ok with the changes. Not ecstatic, but ok with. Not digging Mina's character at all.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Given the writers, I watched it expecting something "clever", not really the right term, but an engaging twist. There wasn't any though, it was played pretty much dead straight with no surprises.

It's pretty standard horror fare, it was ok*, but it was no Sherlock or Jekyll.

*Except the ending - pfffffffft.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
The constant lame puns kept pulling me out of it. I kept expecting Dracula to wink at the camera each time. The first two episodes tho were alright but once we get to episode 3 the corny level jumps to 1000 and completely lost me. This show was definitely not BOOFER.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The constant lame puns kept pulling me out of it. I kept expecting Dracula to wink at the camera each time. The first two episodes tho were alright but once we get to episode 3 the corny level jumps to 1000 and completely lost me. This show was definitely not BOOFER.
The puns were great! I am sorry sir but I am, going to have vigorously disagree with you over the internet.

1578444691791.png

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I had zero issue with the sjwarrioring of this show.
Not even the gay kid because they all fucking died. Even the deaf girl, lol...
The first halves of episode one and two were incredibly drab, but the second halves were OK. It's not an amazing show, but it's been good background watching. Hour and forty minute episodes... I'll finish episode three tomorrow. I don't particularly care much for vampire stories, even Dracula, so I'm not going to give two shits if someone is black or a woman. At least the theme is consistent and not as cheese dick as that other vampire/werewolf/gypsies show Netflix somehow made three seasons of. The nun is cool in my book and the effects are pretty well done.

Also can Amod Amod Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule fix the thread?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I liked the first episode of the show much more than Bram Stoker's Dracula from the early 90's

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database