Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The new home is over there.

That's been decided, and is official as it can be, based on the broad consensus of the most active members of this community, and most of the mods.

If you don't think that's the case, that's fine, but that issue has already been decided upon.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The new home is over there.

That's been decided, and is official as it can be, based on the broad consensus of the most active members of this community, and most of the mods.

If you don't think that's the case, that's fine, but that issue has already been decided upon.
Even you are still posting in the Politics thread here. If over there really is the new home, then all posting here should completely stop.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its irrelevant what I'm posting here, or anyone else.

Take a look over there and see.

The most active posters here have jumped ship and are all praising a_skeleton_03's new site as better and faster than this one.

You're not able to see the forest for the trees here. The community has broadly made its decision.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Even you are still posting in the Politics thread here. If over there really is the new home, then all posting here should completely stop.
i post on reddit facebook and sometimes over on my old eq server board for the last 15 years. what does it matter if somebody posts somewhere else as well as here?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's what I don't get.

Its literally just making up some nonsense excuse to hem and haw like a decision hasn't been made.

It has.

The community said "Fuck this noise" and bailed.

That doesn't mean they won't still post here as long as its up as well, but its clear that this is now the old house you rent out after you upgrade to a better one.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
i post on reddit facebook and sometimes over on my old eq server board for the last 15 years. what does it matter if somebody posts somewhere else as well as here?
Because those places don't have anything to do with this community? My point is only this. There are essentially 2 Politics threads going on now, because people are posting both here and over there. Rather than having 1 thread to have all the arguments in, it is being split between here and there.

Hodj could very well be correct, and everyone has decided on the new place and this will just slowly die out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Is it really that big a deal dude?

You can be taking part in both conversations like we are easily enough.

This complaint belongs in the 1st world problems thread, tbph fam.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because those places don't have anything to do with this community? My point is only this. There are essentially 2 Politics threads going on now, because people are posting both here and over there. Rather than having 1 thread to have all the arguments in, it is being split between here and there.

Hodj could very well be correct, and everyone has decided on the new place and this will just slowly die out.
i post here about movies, tv, video games, cooking and politics and i also do the same on FB reddit and my old server board. it doesnt matter. btw i also posted on hoofshots as well as here when brit got booted 9 or ten years ago.

khalid

Unelected Mod
If I understand correctly we've spent the last month operating under MMORPG and I don't think anyone noticed.
We definitely noticed something was up, but most of us assumed it was a bot army or just serious hardware issues.

Also, one of the issues we have had for the years here is the complete lack of attention from the admins. Issues with site upgrades, etc, have been wholly ignored or given haphazard attention at best. a_skeleton_03 and some others has done more in a few days than the "years of effort" from the current admins.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We definitely noticed something was up, but most of us assumed it was a bot army or just serious hardware issues.

Also, one of the issues we have had for the years here is the complete lack of attention from the admins. Issues with site upgrades, etc, have been wholly ignored or given haphazard attention at best. a_skeleton_03 and some others has done more in a few days than the "years of effort" from the current admins.
this is absolutely true, this board is basically a replica of what it was in 2002. i know we love some retro, but christ on a cracker we cant even upload images over 130k here anymore or embed anything other than youtube and you cant view those videos fullscreen. a_skeleton_03 for all his faults has managed in one day to turn his board into a 2016 version of what this board should be and he isnt asking for money and being a powermad smirky fucktard like draegan.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I don't doubt it, and I agree. I think most of the Mods would, seeing as how we'd regularly get caught in the middle of the scrums in the Ask AMOD thread without being able to do anything about it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't care about the bots. Tyen intentionally sabotaged a tits for votes agreement and as far as I'm concerned that merits a lifetime ban from the community.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Lots of little shit on the new site are awesome.

For example, it notifies you if new posts have been made while you are in the middle of writing a reply or post. Then you can click on a link to read the new posts and modify your current one or stop posting if someone already handled it. Little shit like that, you know, in modern forum software that Draegan was too lazy to upgrade to.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Motherfuck, I finally hit 1k posts and Draegan blows this place up. GG yes RERE.

Seriously though, fuck Draegan. He never even bothered to see if anyone here would want to buy it. I always hated him and his condescending attitude in the politics thread, but what really got me is I wrote multiple articles for his little Tera Junkies website, and he said he would pay writers through gametime or whatnot. Never did see shit so I just stopped writing, and just figured whatever no real biggy. Fast forward to a few years back, and I asked him if he would be willing to hook me up with a Rerolled Premium account as compensation, considering this would cost him nothing and would be a bro thing to do. His response, "sorry I don't have any Premium Junkies to give away right now"... oooookay then, like you can't just flip a switch? Whatever bro.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Fast forward to a few years back, and I asked him if he would be willing to hook me up with a Rerolled Premium account as compensation, considering this would cost him nothing and would be a bro thing to do. His response, "sorry I don't have any Premium Junkies to give away right now"... oooookay then, like you can't just flip a switch? Whatever bro.
Heh, that is shitty. I was considering writing an article back in the day for that, glad I never got around to it.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just going to say it, never liked that dude Draegan anyway. He was always a douche to the core. Anyway, the community here was great despite him. I dunno about a new forum run by a a_skeleton_03 either. I'm with the others that think this whole fucking thing stinks for the 90% rest of us normal people. Fuck. I've been on some iteration of these boards for the last 14 years... Kinda sad.