Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Right now my goal is just to mock stupid shit.

Like your hiding all this from the community for 10 days and still thinking your opinion matters to me at all on anything, ever. That's an incredibly stupid thing for you to think.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
As for the few remaining holdouts:

Evolve or die.

Its that simple at this point.

You can think it was knee jerk (it wasn't), you can question my, a_skeleton_03, and everyone else that switched including Soy and Noodle and Chaos and everyone else's motives into question all you want. I don't care.

The bus is leaving. Deals are being made. This place is doomed. Even Tuco knows it now.

Lamenting the past is worshiping the dead.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Translation: "Durrr change both frightens and also confuses me. I don't want the community to split, so I'm going to stay here with 2% of the community and ignore the 98% that went elsewhere, thereby causing the exact split I'm afraid of occuring. This is all happening to fast for my internet and Everquest addled aging brain to handle! You damn kids with your damn hurrying off to better pastures with modern software! Why in my day we had to climb uphill backwards in the snow to shitpost on the internet! You just don't know what's good for you! Why won't anyone listen to my pointless and completely irrelevant contrarian for the sake of contrarianess complaints! Hurrr. Please stab my face I'm so fucking retarded."
What the actual fuck is this? Reign in your retard for a moment.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I would kindly request that you actually address the substance of my point, which is that you're afraid of change.

"This happened too fast" really means "This happened to fast for what I'm comfortable with" and the rebuttal to that is "We already discussed why that logic is fucking retarded within the first couple of hours of this all going down and you're five and six days late to the party and trying to put the baby back in the womb after its been born".

For your information, the reason we did not wait is because we could not afford to. The reason we could not afford to is because nothing that the owners of MMORPG.com can or would say to us can be trusted. They very well could have good intentions. But since they didn't even tell us about their purchase for over a month, and then told us at 7:15 in the morning on the normally slowest morning of the week in the least watched thread on the forums through a proxy, we have no ability to trust that they would not silently pull the plug as well.

You got that?

And if they silently pull the plug, or they decide out of the blue to roll this place into their forums at MMORPG.com, there would be no recourse for the community. They would have all the power to ban, word filter, and shut down any calls or attempts to shift the community elsewhere at that point. It was a risk too great to take.

Do you understand this or not, yes or no?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You said you would be out asADMINISTRATOR...obviously website admin is well below the rank of the guy who created the whole organization.

And who do you have in mind for administrator? Seems unlikely you could just vote that in from the rank and file like a moderator.
Someone hired from the assets we have. A true dispassionate third party that is just there to ensure the site has updates and rotate logs and the such. A true administrator for this kind of forum has very little to do.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Furthermore, waiting leads to complacency. Complacency is what got us here in the first place.

Your position would have left us here, on sub-par aging hardware, owned by a disinterested third party who has already declared if traffic here dies down, they're doing something else with the site.

Without all the improvements of the other forum, to boot.

So from every fucking angle possible, you are fucking wrong.

Shit did not happen to fast. It wasn't knee jerk. It was the best transition we've ever had. Almost seamless.

The only bumps are the 8 or so faggots still here 6 days later crying about it.

And frankly, the rest of us are tired of hearing it.

Our point is simple: Stop fucking bitching, and stay here or go there.

Make up your minds and stop begging us to court you and take you out to dinner and rub your little pussies till they're soggy so you'll fuck us. Your pussy ain't worth the effort at this point.

Thengel

I'm sorry, I must have missed the "substance of your point" between the insults and bullshit. The post you made had no point. You could have made the exact same post you just did without being a colossal dick and it would have been much more effective. I have no idea what your goal is here, but if it's to convince the last few holdouts to switch, you being a massive asshole probably doesn't help.

P.S. I'm not one of the hold outs. I registered at the new site. It is blocked for me, so I'm here. This place is obviously dead. It doesn't make anything I said any less valid.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I could be nicer about it.

I have been nicer about it.

That doesn't mean I'm required to be nicer about it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone hired from the assets we have. A true dispassionate third party that is just there to ensure the site has updates and rotate logs and the such. A true administrator for this kind of forum has very little to do.
Sounds exactly like what Req was supposed to be. Except this Req will answer to you, not Tyen. Or apparently you AND Tyen from the shadows!

Thengel

Translation: "Durrr change both frightens and also confuses me. I don't want the community to split, so I'm going to stay here with 2% of the community and ignore the 98% that went elsewhere, thereby causing the exact split I'm afraid of occuring. This is all happening to fast for my internet and Everquest addled aging brain to handle! You damn kids with your damn hurrying off to better pastures with modern software! Why in my day we had to climb uphill backwards in the snow to shitpost on the internet! You just don't know what's good for you! Why won't anyone listen to my pointless and completely irrelevant contrarian for the sake of contrarianess complaints! Hurrr. Please stab my face I'm so fucking retarded."
I also see this is something you already posted 2 days ago that you said to your wife, and I'm sure you were just DYING to copy & paste it over here.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure I already did copy and paste it over here.

I was dying to expand upon it to address the new meaningless concerns, though.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Sounds exactly like what Req was supposed to be. Except this Req will answer to you, not Tyen. Or apparently you AND Tyen from the shadows!
More like the board of the non profit ...

Arguing with you is not worth the time. Come, don't come, up to you. We welcome you with open arms however.

Juvarisx

Florida
Honestly, its pretty obvious you have something personal against a_skeleton_03, and that's fine but come on. We had that same setup here and the "admin" did NOTHING other then trying to extort a grand to enable Gfycat, while Dreagan shit posted all over the place.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More like the board of the non profit ...

Arguing with you is not worth the time. Come, don't come, up to you. We welcome you with open arms however.
So who's on the board? Not you? I thought this whole thing was partially because we wanted a real member of the community in charge, not a faceless foreign entity. What happens when the board decides there need to be changes for the good of the NPO, will the "community" have a say? Sounds like no one really answers to the posters in this scheme at all.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's pretty lulzy hearing people say shit like "I don't know if I'm going to make the move" as if it's some colossal undertaking. How lazy can you be? It takes 30 seconds, I didn't even have to respond to a confirmation email. Jesus Christ.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So who's on the board? Not you? I thought this whole thing was partially because we wanted a real member of the community in charge, not a faceless foreign entity. What happens when the board decides there need to be changes for the good of the NPO, will the "community" have a say? Sounds like no one really answers to the posters in this scheme at all.
The board will be voted on and members that care on it or off it. I might be on it, I might not. The point is I won't be able to force control.

You are acting like you don't understand how the government works.

So the non profit is created, when it is created certain rules are in place. One of those rules can be "The board may not sell without a 2/3 majority of registered users agreeing to the sale". Then a vote is put to the users and the board can act upon that.

Users = citizens of the US
Board = Congress
President/CEO = President

Elections are part of the entire process and legal framework defines how to do that and what to do in case the majority does not like it.

If this is something you don't understand and are curious about then google up on it. It is quite robust and can do what we want and prevent what we don't want done from happening. It isn't 100% perfect but close to a 90% solution.

If you are just trying to look for gotchas in my responses save your time.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The board will be voted on and members that care on it or off it. I might be on it, I might not. The point is I won't be able to force control.
Who's voting and for what members? Members of the forum will be voted on to be your board of directors? By the other forum posters? Who nominates the potential board members?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Who's voting and for what members? Members of the forum will be voted on to be your board of directors? By the other forum posters? Who nominates the potential board members?
Every answer to these question is you and the other members of the community.