Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

Simas_sl

shitlord
Draegen Trumped us. Feelsbadman.

Hopefully the new people just pretty much leave it alone and collect the ad revenue.

Column_sl

shitlord

Hopefully the new people just pretty much leave it alone and collect the ad revenue.
HAHA, you know whos running it now?

Good luck in the politics thread if you don't like Trump. That site is going to be run like a white man's paradise

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
mixed feels on tuco.

draegan cucked us tho fam.
I get that people are pissed that I sat on this info for ten days instead of announcing immediately, but when I learned about this I had three options:
1. Announce it immediately while the servers were all fucked up, causing a somewhat broke ass rerexit, limited by technical issues, no preparation and my imminent loss of admin/mod powers (and possibly banning).
2. Wait on them to fix it and talk with them about what their vision was. If shit went south I could back up the forum, work with people (ex: a_skeleton_03) to build a new site, populate people's accounts and then use my mod powers to contact everyone to let them know about the new site.
3. Wait on them to fix it and talk with them about what their vision was. If they fixed it and I was happy with their answers, announce the change in ownership and urge that the community give them a chance before moving.

With those options, I chose to wait and see, because #2 and #3 are preferable to #1. I knew people would be upset by that, but I stand by the choice. You guys know I consider this community to be like a large family to me, and some of the things said to and about me today have hurt, but my goal will always be to keep the community together and on a stable platform.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
they'll have to be very careful about how to proceed.
911-planes.jpg

but my goal will always be to keep the community together and on a stable platform.
tuco, i cant stay mad at you bro <3

That site is going to be run like a white man's paradise
sign me up

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Couldn't this announcement wait two fucking days? I already had a sweet July date locked in on the other site.

Szlia

Isn't it a site that costs money rather than make money though? I don't really get why MMORPG.com is interested and how it would fit into their existing platform (unless they don't plan on merging/linking the two).

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't it a site that costs money rather than make money though? I don't really get why MMORPG.com is interested and how it would fit into their existing platform (unless they don't plan on merging/linking the two).
My bet is they bought all the junkies shit too and this site was thrown in with it all.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's exactly what happened.

They rolled all Rerollz Media into one package for sale.

This website might have legally been his to do that with, but this community was not his to do that ethically with, without any input from us and without warning.

He can cry about "Outside looking in nothing changes" but we all know that's bullshit, and MMORPG.com can go jump in a volcano.

Fadaar

That guy

This is honest to god what I'm hoping. Stay hands off and just soak up whatever ad revenue this place brings in.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I think you took the best option in a shitty situation Tuco. Respek.
Agreed. Tuco was the one who told us after all, where as I guess Draegan's plan was to hope nobody noticed forever.

If shit went south I could back up the forum, work with people (ex: a_skeleton_03) to build a new site, populate people's accounts and then use my mod powers to contact everyone to let them know about the new site.
Is this still possible to do? It would certainly be much better than starting over on every thread if the community ends up moving.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Agreed. Tuco was the one who told us after all, where as I guess Draegan's plan was to hope nobody noticed forever.

Is this still possible to do? It would certainly be much better than starting over on every thread if the community ends up moving.
Yes, but it's non-trivial. It's more work to get the data into the new site than scrub it from the old one. I still have a bunch of threads backed up from FoH that nobody has wanted to host. Making accounts for everyone is a lot of work too, but makes the transition easier.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I don't blame Draegan for making some cash but the way he's gone about it is really underhanded, like I almost dont even want to bother visiting anymore.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is honest to god what I'm hoping. Stay hands off and just soak up whatever ad revenue this place brings in.
That's a risky game for us, which I think is why so many are pretty open minded about leaving.

Eventually, it's pretty much a given, they're going to be like "Why are we hosting this messed up forum? Let's dump it and/or change it to something palatable."

When that happens, we're screwed. It'll be another one of those middle of the night "where'd the forums disappear to" things, and we have to go to Reddit or IRC or whatever the fuck other avenues we used to contact everyone.