Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rude

Potato del Grande
Origins was amazing, still is if you can stand the clunky system. 2 was horrible. Inquisition was better than 2 but nowhere near as good as origins. The religious tank was the way to go for banging (that's what's up Izo Izo ).

Random aside the note on anthem being totally abandoned was funny. I bought a new copy of it from gamestop for 5 dollars a year or so ago since there was talks of it potentially being redone. Oh well.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Origins was amazing, still is if you can stand the clunky system
DAO isn't much more than a NWN reskin. They changed the combat system enough to make it not just D20 again but it's still essentially 'roll to hit AC'.

• 3Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
DAO isn't much more than a NWN reskin. They changed the combat system enough to make it not just D20 again but it's still essentially 'roll to hit AC'.
Never played NWN. Interesting, I'll have to look into it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agreed but DAO had amazing main story and side quests. Also great paths through the story, endings, characters etc. A near perfect RPG story wise.

IMO NWN story wasn't nearly as good. Felt like Baldur's Gate lite to me. However, NWN modding was amazing cause you played other people's campaigns and there were some great ones. It was basically D&D online with the dungeon master mode and everything.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree DAO had a much more fleshed out story overall but Aribeth's story arc throughout the original and HotU remains one of my favorites to this day, and i did an actual jaw drop the first time she shows back up in HotU.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never played NWN. Interesting, I'll have to look into it.
NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer was one of the best RPGs ever made. Storm of Zehir wasn't bad either, but it's a different sort of game, even though they are both Xpacs for the mediocre NWN2 main campaign (game).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Yes yes alpha etc... but I am not a fan of their overall design choice.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'll wait to withhold judgement, anything can be good if done well.

Daidraco

Why in Gods green Earth would they change it to that jhanky ass looking combat? ffs

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
After Origins, the combat has been janky the whole time. 2 and 3 were both a weird mix between ARPG and tactical RPG that never quite worked.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Let’s hope it’s not. Dread Wolf was a cool story arc.
Yeah. Origins was a great game, it would be cool to have a modern take on it. I have revisited it a couple times.

Never played 2 cause it looked terrible. Played 3 but it wasn’t too impressive, holding one button for combat was really lame. I’ll still follow this to see what people think at release but that video combined with the likelihood it will be woke, it’s not looking too promising.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Yeah. Origins was a great game, it would be cool to have a modern take on it. I have revisited it a couple times.

Never played 2 cause it looked terrible. Played 3 but it wasn’t too impressive, holding one button for combat was really lame. I’ll still follow this to see what people think at release but that video combined with the likelihood it will be woke, it’s not looking too promising.
Dragon Age has been soaked in woke for a while now, though. The meaningful question is will it be Vox Machina type of woke, or will it be HBO's "Velma" levels of woke.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
voting with my lack of dollars here, shame because I loved DAO. truly great game.

• 2Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
8sec of combat. I mean maybe that's how how it is playing a melee character? I played a rogue last game and it was kinda like that.