Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Mass Effect 1 suffered from its dependence on boilerplate missions and rehash of map designs. Mass Effect 3 did away with exploration altogether and introduced the dumbest fetch quests I've ever seen in a game.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yet, theres just soooooo many sci-fi rpgs that i still enjoyed the hell out of me3 despite the general bashing of it.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, that and the openness of ME1 were why it was my favorite. The Mako handled like a bowling ball on a skateboard but it was just so cool to go to a random planet and then dig shit up.
I loved that thing after I got used to it, was way better than the piece of shit they gave you in ME2.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yet, theres just soooooo many sci-fi rpgs that i still enjoyed the hell out of me3 despite the general bashing of it.
Basically cause everyone was able to see the most glaring issues with it. They were so easy to change that it just made you question the shit altogether? Like the fetch quests that were just talked about.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
I really hope Dragon Age: Inquisition doesn't have any turret sections. God I hate those. Was so retarded in ME3; saying goodbye to everyone on the last mission and bam, turret section out of nowhere. I always like to imagine everyone who romanced Garrus saying goodbye to him, and then having to do that turret section with tears streaming down their face.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Mako handled great if you were pro! The kind of shit I pulled off when dancing with those rancor worms was amazing.
I might just be bad with it then but I flipped that shit so many times. Hammerhead handled better but I hated it.

Yea, the turret thing is something they mentioned; I guess the idea was to remind you you were in a war zone but it just seemed weird.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember the turrets being a problem, but I got so used to icing them in the MP demo before ME3 came out.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I think they're specifically talking about the sections that force you to mechanize. There's one on palaven before you get Garrus and another while saying last goodbyes. Both times it's kind of a shock, sort of pulls you from the atmosphere a bit. Can't remember if there were more?

Vaclav

I have no idea what y'all are talking about.
Right before the first brute - and then the random one you don't even have to shoot anything to "win" between chatting with people before the final push, yea. They were quite random.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
The turrets were another afterthought, but I never realized how many of them there were in ME3 until I finished a play-through a couple weeks back.

Priority: Palaven
Arrae: Ex-Cerberus Scientists (Jacob's mission)
Rannoch: Admiral Koris (has three turrets!)
Priority: Rannoch (I'mma kill a Reaper with a turret!)
Priority: Thessia
Priority: Earth (tossed one in here to add some action between saying goodbye to crew?)

Turrets would have been way cooler if you could have stuck a companion on them instead of having to do it yourself every time.

Vaclav

Yea, that list looks pretty complete - or close to complete from what I recall of the wife playing through in the past week or so.

[Finally after like 5 years of telling her to play them she's finally playing them, and loved them so much she's playing through a second time through now already, back to back and considering going for the platinums on them]

khorum

Murder Apologist
ME3 was redeemed by that multiplayer. I guess Bioware didn't make great cash selling the blister packs in it or we'd be inundated by sequels and DLCs and spinoffs of ME3's multiplayer by now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There were too many credit exploits for them to make serious cash on selling boosters for multiplayer. Plus the prices were fucking retarded in ms points.

*edit*

It's unbelievable how fucking boring singleplayer characters feel after a couple hundred hours of multiplayer. I mean honest to god, even though your main character has like 10-12 skills in single player, its still boring as fuck compared to the combos you get in multiplayer.

Vaclav

ME3 was redeemed by that multiplayer. I guess Bioware didn't make great cash selling the blister packs in it or we'd be inundated by sequels and DLCs and spinoffs of ME3's multiplayer by now.
I thought the word on the street was that they're working on similar in every title going forward now - and even DA:I was being planned with a MP mode in mind. (Although recently it seems to have no mentions, maybe cut now?)

iannis

Musty Nester
I wish they actually sold Mask of the Betrayer. That game has disappeared into a lawyers briefcase somewhere.

DA:I just looks insulting. I dunno that it deserves a more in depth critique than that.

iannis

Musty Nester
well something something in the goat ass. Last time I looked for it I literally could not find it.

I'm gonna betray the shit out of some masks. Its one of the ones that I wanted to play and never did and remember about it around once a year.

This year is the year!